Buffy and the Power of Ten

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,424 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Buffy I am obviously copying you and I've broken a filling today - thought the Special K bar I was eating was a bit crunchy! On the diet front, I know quite a few people who have had success with the 5:2 diet. However, I also know quite a few who claim to be doing it but look no different :) For me the only thing that works is WW but at the end of the day if you eat less and move more you'll lose weight - easier said than done. Try and make small changes and make wise choices, it's for life not a quick fix.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Probably added to the flavour SA! Hope it isn't too painful. Mine was fine yesterday when I spoke to the dentist - today on the other hand sore as!!

am watching Avengers Assemble.

why isn't Thor's love interest in this film?
    How did he get to earth?
    Am I am watching them in the wrong order?

There are so many men in these films I love they don't really have to make sense but it would be nice.

Also, I have the no money. new suits(x3), new bag and new shoes. this is because of a new dress code!! I budgeted 250, spent about 300. Ok the new bag isn't part of the dress code but I am immensely peed off that I have to follow the stupid thing so I weakened.

Catch up at the weekend as from now on my time will not be my own at all!

Take care XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    Hope your first few days back are not too painful xx
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    I second the My Fitness Pal app. I lost 60lbs doing that last year, went off it and put 19lbs back on this year. I am starting MFP again today hoping to lose about 30lbs by Christmas.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy First Day Back!

Well ok, maybe happy was the wrong word to use but the sentiment was there x
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Magpie100
    Options
    Buffy,

I know you are back in the start of term busyness so feel free to ignore me for now (indeed, for ever if you want!) - but on the weightloss front (I am down 25 pounds in about 18 months) here is what has worked for me:

- Fitbit. I have a fitbit HR and it has helped so much. i find it completely addictive and motivational.
    - Myfitnesspal. My suggestion is that you download it and spend a couple of weeks getting to grips with it and inputting what you eat as much as you can. Don't, at this stage, try and make any changes. Just observe what you are currently eating. Even the act of doing that I think helps you think about what you are and aren't prepared to change or cut out, and sometimes shocks you in to thinking some things just aren't worth it.
    - Once you have done a couple of weeks of observation google how to work out your TDEE and your BMR. Work out a calorie target for slow and steady weight loss, depending on how much you want to lose.
    - Make small changes every couple of weeks to your eating. Let the change bed in before you move on to the next one.
    - Try and walk more. Walking is the best! Diet is the key to weightloss, but exercise has other benefits and walking is brilliant. Lifts your mood, gets the blood moving.
    - Exercise: I do boot camp twice a week. I love it. It isn't for everyone, and that's fine. Do the exercise you ENJOY because that's the only exercise you will stick with.
    - My weight loss has been laughably slow. a pound a month on average. But the time will pass anyway, and slow weightloss is far more sustainable.
    - Personally I am not a fan of fasting, restricting, or cutting out food groups. BUT I know they work well for some people. They wouldn't work for me. If I can't imagine doing something for the rest of my life then it isn't for me. I could give up carbs in the short-term, but not for ever. I could fast for the short term, but no for ever. And as soon as I stopped the weight would come back. But basic calories in, calories out and portion control is something I can sustain. My calories per day is like a budget.

Hope SOME of this is helpful. You can do it. I know you can. xx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    so tired.

so so tired.

I promise I will reply properly over the weekend. thank you Mag for the thoughtful reply :)

need bed!
    XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Ednoc
    Ednoc Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    omg pooky, your dentist wasn't in warrington was he? I had the same! My teeth are a hideous mess!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ednoc wrote: »
    omg pooky, your dentist wasn't in warrington was he? I had the same! My teeth are a hideous mess!

No, but maybe he moved! :D
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure