Buffy and the Power of Ten

Options

Comments

• Magpie100
    Options
    Well done on the Fitbit, Buffy! My advice is to track and observe only for the next few weeks. Then once you can see your current level of steps you can think about changing your target, if you want to.

Losing weight is mostly about what you eat, but if you aren't motivated to tackle that at the moment then don't - just get the FB bedded in and in the habit of wearing it and then you can think about the next step once that is done. Increasing my steps and walking plenty certainly helps with my brain and mental health.

Have a good weekend!

Mags100
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hey there mrs, my couch to 5k starts this evening. You virtually joining me?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hey there mrs, my couch to 5k starts this evening. You virtually joining me?

*looks shifty..........not exactly*

Once Mum is off tomorrow I will be dog walking so I will start it then.

I am going to miss Mum so much. Am so sad she is going away. I remember years ago I used to be a little bit excited but now I am just worried about her and scared.

I love her.

XXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    I am sure your sister will take care of her xx

Try not to worry too much :)
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    *YAWNS*

Jesus wept. I am SO freaking tired.

I am about to look at my bank accounts. get paid Monday.

XX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    My little plan has gone wrong. :) But I am not that miserable about it. I overspent on the tesco's card and had a trip to the vets I wasn't expecting. Plus I need to get on shift on with the garden. I will get to the 10,000 pounds but not yet!

current account + 1582,
    other current account +65 pounds,
    ISA +7175,
    Saving account +500
    credit card - 250
    credit card -3600.

Plan.

Move the 500 pounds in the saving account to my current account, thus paying back my "emergency fund"

Get paid on Monday, Pay 600 pounds off the big CC and pay off the little CC.

Cash out the ISA in October. Pay off CC bill.

That would leave me 4175 and no debt. Ultimately, I am pretty well off. i have the 2000 emergency fund, the 2000 pounds in peer to peer lending and by the end of October almost 5000 pounds in savings.

I won't be able to keep it, as the dentist treatment is looming. I think as well I will have to borrow money again. And we are getting the bathroom done.

Since I have been back in the rush of work and dogs and mess that is daily life I just want to get things done. Tired of waiting. or maybe just tired!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Temporary filling that was put in YESTERDAY came out. And I can't get hold of the dentist.

The week has been flat out busy busy busy. Monday work and tutoring, tuesday long day at work, Wednesday work, tutoring, went to the football ;) Thursday open evening and then last night dentist.

I spent 34 pounds in Sainsburys, and 7 pounds at the dentist. need to get petrol and hay today.

also doggies need to go to the vets. kinda now...........oops........
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Vets cost 69 pounds and I have booked the rabbits and piggies in for check ups.

Bit of a rubbish day, walked the dogs to the vets which nearly killed us all! Dog 1 has an infected anal gland and needs antibiotics. I am on antibiotics too for the tooth which currently has a temporary filling in it - as in one bought from superdrug*. I got lost on the way back from the dentist and oh on the way there too. came in exhausted and fell asleep on the sofa had weird dreams woke up as dog one was whining at me.don't know why, the back door is open.

*dentist wasn't there when I arrived. Dental nurse suggested I buy a kit.

currently tho I am on said sofa dog either side of me wishing (tho I really want to see my friend) I didn't have to go out! Tooth is having a slight throbbing issue.....

XXX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Well I had the worst night out I have had for a while.

My friend, a little drunk (as was I) and told me she felt let down by me, that I treated her as an afterthought and didn't give her the support she needed over the summer. I am really upset by it.

And so !!!!ing tired. and unhappy - which is frustrating as I was happy earlier - not happy but I knew where I was going and what was happening. And now I feel entirely shook up.

She kept telling me she was fine, ok, it felt like she didn't want anyone around. I had been in hospital and was pretty much wrecked for most of the summer. Felt like I just got well to go to back to work.

I offered to come over and help and she said no. I don't know guys I really don't she said some quite hurtful stuff. I have not got a clue. At all.

Horrible horrible. Felt like an attack.
    I don't even want to post this. not really.
    I am going to sleep on the sofa bed tonight and keep the dogs with me.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I really don't understand some people.....do adults really moan at their friends about feeling let down? Are you not entitled to your own life? Was she running around for you when you could have done with the help?

I'm afraid I would have said "this is me - like it or lump it but don't try and make me feel guilty about your perceived ideas of what I should do".

You have your own life to live and you don't need people telling you, that you're disappointing them. How selfish.

I'll stop ranting now.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure