Buffy and the Power of Ten

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I totally agree with Pooky - what a thing to say! Very childish and selfish. Not what you need at the moment or any other time really.

On a separate note hope you get your tooth sorted soon - something else you don't need at the moment.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Magpie100
    Options
    I'm baffled that another adult would say something like that - if she needed help, perhaps she could have asked? How and why are you meant to be able to intuit exactly what is needed, and when? And that would be at the best of times, which I know your summer was not. It just doesn't sound like a grown-up - why is it your responsibility to fix her?

I hope you aren't dwelling on it too much and things seem a bit brighter this morning. Mags100 xx
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    Buffy, you are one of the most kindest and thoughtful people that I have met. Your friend sounds like a total whingebag and selfish with it. I hope she was running around helping you when you were in hospital etc to have the neck to criticise you. Or was she so wrapped up in her own self indulgence that she didn't notice that YOU might have needed some support.

Sorry, I'm a bit cross.
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    It really did shake me up last night. I am feeling a bit better today, mainly due to your messages and my two best friends telling me that she was wrong.

I think..........I don't know. She is having the menopause, she broke up with her boyfriend at the start of the year and is feeling lonely. Thing is I am lonely too, but I have you guys, my fb friends, a good group of real life friends and we are all literally the type of friends who don't see each other for weeks and just fall back into it. I also keep in touch via FB whatapp and e mail. so I don't think i get as lonely? I make a real point of contacting one of my friend every few days and of course post here.

Your posts mean the world to me. This friend, although I love her, our friendship was always based on her knowing more than me. And as I have got older I now know more and do disagree with her about some stuff - I have never minded, just that there is more equality now? but she pushes a lot that she knows best and I let it go cos I do love her. ugh I don't know.

I need to get up and get dressed. Meeting some friends at the end of a bike ride (100 miles!!!!!!!)

need to leave in an hour......... want more tea!! and doggie cuddles - that sounds wrong but currently they are both next to me on the sofa. nice and warm and snuggly.

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    I think doggie cuddles are medicine for wounded emotions. I agree with everyone that she was way over the top with those remarks. She sounds as though she is in an emotional crisis, but that does not give her the right to sling and punch at you. Hopefully she will come to her senses and feel badly about her very hurtful words. Let's hope so anyway.

Have a fun day! You definitely need it after yesterday.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hold on - you offered to help, she said she didn't need it, you offered to go over and see her, she said no - so how were you letting her down?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    My friend apologised later on chat and one thing it has taught me is that I do actually know (once I had calmed down) when I have done something wrong and I don't think I did? and 100% if I did I didn't know I was doing it. I am letting it go, although it feels strange.

It is all weird and I am going to chalk it up to the menopause and work stress.

I am off work again, with period pains and an upset tummy. get paid today. May do my banking. I really need to sort out my memory sticks and hard drives (not that I can find them) and old laptop.

ugh.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    So I did my banking.

I NEED to STOP spending.

I haven't got half the stuff I needed for the garden. I am ashamed to say that the money I borrowed has all gone bar 1000 pounds. I borrowed 5540, I know I spent about 1500 on the garden stuff and at least 1000 on the shed, run, connector kits,flooring, insulation, slabs, gardener to put shed up, plus some fish pond equipment (but not all of it) I know 540 went on the other CC so that is 4540, but a 1000 pounds seems to have gone on vets, clothes, shoes, make up and eating out, in the space of 3 months or so.

that is an average of 350 pounds per month over my budget.

I have spent my life paying and borrowing paying and borrowing.

When you know better you do better.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Went off and did some tidying and put the washing on.

Feel very light headed so drinking water and having a cup of tea.

I can't be bothered to be annoyed about the money. I am not skint and am happy and grateful that I can do the things I can.

I an quite sure it will all work out.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    It will be fine, you are fab xx
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport