Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »

Daughter has started napping anytime between 3pm and later! Yesterday she went to sleep at 3 and was still asleep at 7! Of course she was then awake all evening till our bedtime.

Oooh, time for longer toddler walks!

Bobarella wrote: »
    The last few nights my stress has triggered insomnia and I've been awake till 2 and gone, it's not nice the thoughts you have at that time. Not useful.

I tell myself there is no point worrying outside of banking hours. Somehow it works for me.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Oooh, time for longer toddler walks!

I tell myself there is no point worrying outside of banking hours. Somehow it works for me.

We do SO much during the day. Today she has been to two parks for plays, been taken for long walks in the buggy for fresh air, and been on the trampoline. And no nap..... Both of my children seem to be high energy kids. I met someone in the park today who was moaning that their 4 month old had only just started sleeping through. I just smiled and thought wow, my daughter never sleeps through now!

I like your strategy on worrying :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Well I think my good karma quota is done for the day. I found a book bag and a coat in a park, and managed to track down the owner from a bit of googling (of the nursery) and later found someone's wallet, and handed that in at a safe location.

Quite pooped, lots of walking and cycling today. Roast pork in the oven for dinner. Gutted they are releasing Better Call Saul one episode at a time...Now a week to wait. Back to Mad Men tonight then :)

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You definitely did your good deeds yesterday Bob, hopefully the universe will repay you!

I have high energy kids too, always having to keep them occupied. Have to say they are getting slightly easier the older they get and we can get away with more chilled out mornings rather than being out of the house at 9.30! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bobarella
    Options
    You definitely did your good deeds yesterday Bob, hopefully the universe will repay you!

I have high energy kids too, always having to keep them occupied. Have to say they are getting slightly easier the older they get and we can get away with more chilled out mornings rather than being out of the house at 9.30! xx

Thank you! That's good to hear as well, something to look forward to :)

• Bobarella
    Options
    Blimey today's been a bit mad. Firstly, we were out in the garden this morning and DD tripped on the sloping concrete part that comes down to the lawn, and hit the top of her forehead. I honestly thought she had done herself some real damage. Two big cuts and lots of scratches. Poor girl cried so much. I was in shock. We rang 111 immediately and they were so helpful. Her cuts weren't pouring blood, just slowly bleeding a tiny amount. Which stopped very quickly. She wasn't falling asleep or having any of the danger signs they talked us through. We gave her paracetamol and tried to apply a compress. Then the paramedics called us back 30 mins later with more support and information. It is amazing we have access to such a good service in this country. They advised A&E wasn't necessary, but that if she fell asleep in the first 6 hours after the injury, we had to wake her each hour of her sleep. I'm glad it happened in the morning really because I feel reassured that we'd have seen any danger signs well before bed tonight.

Once I knew she was ok I had to get on with the day planned. I was still shaking when I got on my bike to do the first trip out. OH said it was fine that he'd call me if necessary. So cycled over to meet the first viewing then spent half an hour with them. Then left there and met the family in the local library. DD was asleep by then, but she woke before the hour was up so that was reassuring. Then OH suggested the park near there as DS was bored. The park was absolutely rammed. Glorious sunshine. Which is funny because it was cold and rained a little first thing this morning. After 30 mins there I had to cycle back again to meet appointment 2. Again spent 30 mins with them. Then cycled back to the park. Spent another half hour there then DH decided it was time to head home, so I went to the bus stop with them, and then cycled back to the venue to let the evenings clients in.

Just got home, have a home made sausage roll in the oven, with roast tomatoes to make chutney and potato wedges. We are going to a nature reserve tommorow to meet the frogs! So that will make a nice picnic.

One more round trip to do later.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the sunshine.

Bob

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh these little darlings do like to keep us on our toes don't they? I'm pleased dd is alright Bob - it's awful when there's been an accident and you're not sure what to do. Completely agree re 111 service as well - I find them helpful most of the time. Hope she's better and back to normal very soon.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad dd is ok bob x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Bob how worrying with what happened to DD, always something with these children isn't it!! So glad she's ok.

Hope next trip to the venue isn't too late for you xx
    Mummytogirls x

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear your DD is ok bob. Bumps to the head are such a worry.

Sounds like you had a nice but tiring afternoon.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure