PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS menopause memories?

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds as if it's having an impact Suki. I'm now only a couple of days in but feel better already.
    I've also been making myself drink more water. Something I normally did before but for the past 6 months the phrase 'let herself go' springs to mind somewhat.
    A bit like you I've cut out any added sugar. Not bothered if my bread has some in, or my yoghurt isn't totally plain. But for me, it's a big deal.
    I was lying in bed awake at 4am (pretty standard for me these days) and could feel that my stomach was already unbelievably less bloated.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • beecher2
    beecher2 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good on you rosie, hopefully you'll crave it less, the longer you go without it.

Bread's another thing that causes me to have stomach pain but I'm having problems stopping eating it because I love it, and there's only so much I can give up!

I was awake at 4am too, don't mind it so much at the weekend but during the week I get up at 6am and panic about getting back to sleep. I sometimes wake up with an adrenaline rush, or due to the horrendous nightmares I get.

This menopause lark is no fun, is it! Good news is I've only had one period in 5 months, so I am definitely at the beginning of the end, after a good 4 or 5 years of symptoms.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still regular so the beginning of the beginning for me!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bread bloats me big time. I can actually feel my clothes getting tighter by the minute after eating it, and I love it :(

No idea where about I am on this journey as I've a mirena fitted so don't have periods. However every 4/5 months I get weepy and irritable and crampy so I'm kind of guessing I'm coming to the end. Been having menopausal symptoms for 6 years or so
  • Berni888
    Berni888 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Bread bloats me big time. I can actually feel my clothes getting tighter by the minute after eating it, and I love it :(

No idea where about I am on this journey as I've a mirena fitted so don't have periods. However every 4/5 months I get weepy and irritable and crampy so I'm kind of guessing I'm coming to the end. Been having menopausal symptoms for 6 years or so

Hi Suki1964, just a word of caution or something to consider regarding taking /using anything that stops periods for any length of time, I believe that menstruation does aide to repair/keep bones healthy and may be a factor as to why (along with natural aging process of bones) women who go through menopause then increase their odds of osteoporosis. I know of one woman, only just in her 40's having been found to be pre-Osteoporosis - her hips and lower spine were found to be rather surprisingly below average and I believe (not sure of how long) but she for a few years did something like that or took something to prevent her monthly’s but it wasn’t just that…they also said she needs to do daily load baring exercises. Although she exercises (Pilates) and appears fit (runs at weekends), she has for the past decade at least, had a sedentary working week as she works very long hours with an hour’s drive each way on top; which means she really only moves at the weekend, so her Doctor has now encouraged more daily load baring exercise (walking/running) and to take Vit D oil based supplements. Which reminds me…must take mine….
  • beecher2
    beecher2 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Bernie, the mirena doesn't stop the body from producing oestrogen which is what is needed to keep bones healthy - it just produces progesterone. Some women will have no periods while using it but they still ovulate. Many women do take HRT to help strengthen their bones (especially if below the age of natural menopause). Think a lot is down to genetics and alcohol intake as well as keeping active.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone else get really dry mouth, particularly in bed at night?
    I wake a few times a night, flushing ,with a dry mouth, usually go to loo as well! !
    I'm trying to drink water more but it's difficult at work.
    I take a glass to bed at night..I never used to.!
    I've only recently started flushes regularly, which as it's winter isn't too bad how do people find it in hot weather or holidays?.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure