Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Options

Comments

• AspiringButAnxious
    Options
    Glad you feel better and well done to dh for handing in the form. His boss on the other hand.... :grr: Perhaps you could write a letter explaining that it would help dh's mental health immensely to get the holiday booked and sorted, avoiding the stress of waiting until October. Given his bad health this past year, it's not a huge concession to make — and remind her that she previously asked if there was anything she could do. If you try to appeal to her sense of compassion (assuming she has any), she might be persuaded to see things from your/dh's pov.

I don't think it would be worth pointing out that she could have told you about holiday not being allocated until October when you texted — it would just put her on the defensive. It might be worth pointing out the benefits to her: if dh is less stressed, he will be more productive. Try to strike a cool but friendly tone and it would probably be better to send it as a physical letter, so she has to take more time to consider it rather than glancing through a text or email. Good luck!
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello: :coffee:
    Just checking in quickly before bed. I am tired tonight... Not that I've done lots today, but I didn't sleep too well last night and woke up early. Plus ds is tired today so the cheeky ratbag has appeared again.
    Been quite a nice day actually - even the bad stuff wasn't that bad to be honest... The weather is up so I like to be out and about. I got a load of washing done and line dried first thing, then me and the kids had a walk into town for our dentist appointment. All fine - I just needed a scale and polish, which has left me with a bit of a sore mouth and £19.70 lighter in the pocket. Then we had a walk through town (pokemon hunting) and came home for lunch. I tackled besties hat - and have made her one that I think looks a bit like a bluebell/tulip kind of shape. I really like it - hope she does as well. Then took 2 cats to the vet - one for annual vaccinations (covered in our monthly plan) and naughty tortie for her steroids (£46 :eek:) but the good news there is that she's put lots of weight back on and now only needs her jab once every 4 months so I should be able to budget that without bother. Then went to besties house to feed her cats (she's on holiday) before taking ds to the park for a play and a walkabout. He wanted an ice cream but I convinced him that a whole tub from a supermarket would be cheaper than one in a cone. So we went YS shopping at Mr M. Got some good bargains, including 44 cat food pouches for £3 (all for the sake of a broken box).
    Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. Good news is that dh has found £50 to transfer over to cover the rest of the month (I was starting to worry that he would spend it all on beer). So I was panicking there for nothing. As for his boss - I think I'm going to leave it for the time being. But I am good at holding a grudge for an extended period of time. Let's just hope that dh doesn't get ill again any time soon because I don't have her on my list of helpful people any more.
    Right - bed time for me. Good night!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Gah! What is wrong with me? Why do I always wake up feeling as though I've been run over by a truck? I'm going to bed early enough, I'm not drinking alcohol, I'm exercising regularly and I just never, ever feel refreshed when I get up. I can't explain it at all. :cry:
    I'm still here in my pj's. Just finishing my second cuppa. I don't have too many plans for the day ahead - it's due to start raining soon and I just want to stay in my pj's and drink tea, watch telly and crochet all day. That's fair enough once in a while isn't it? I'm still almost a fortnight from payday and cash is looking tight so I need to control the spends a little bit if I possibly can. I want to aim for a nsd today but frankly that would be a miracle.
    Wish me luck!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :hello:
    I had a 'do-nothing' day yesterday apart from a quick top up shop in Aldee (told you it wasn't going to be a nsd). I think I'm ill again, or not fully recovered from last weekend's bug. I basically can't eat anything much at the moment and haven't been able to since I was poorly. Last night I went to bed with a bit of a headache which wouldn't shift with anything and it kept me awake most of the night. I tried cocodamol at 5am which seems to have done the trick for now but I am of course very tired. I'm planning on going back to sleep after this and then I think it will be another day of slobbing around and not doing much. Just what I need at the moment I think...
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    oh Mate. that sucks big ones but it is probably your body's way of going ah! finally we have a way to stop this crazy cat lady to sit still for minute.

My teaching friends and I have this thing called end of term collapse, when for a short while, a few days or so, you literally can't do a damn thing and it has to be done otherwise you won't right yourself. I am bit worried tho, that yours seems to have come back and you have the headache.....I reckon you should think about the doctors......

Try and enjoy taking it easy and keep hydrated XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • sidsmum
    sidsmum Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    :eek:Poor old CCL, I don't think I could manage all the stuff you do!
    I am having an injection in my Knee on the 31st so am a bit apprehensive. Hope it helps.
    the wind is blowing the fruit off the trees. What fun!
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Gah! What is wrong with me? Why do I always wake up feeling as though I've been run over by a truck? I'm going to bed early enough, I'm not drinking alcohol, I'm exercising regularly and I just never, ever feel refreshed when I get up. I can't explain it at all. :cry:

Hi CCL

I have been following your thread. (Not stalking I promise :D)

I was just wondering if you have had a Thyroid blood test. I say that because I was exactly the same as you. Sleep wise and not feeling rested at all.

Headaches, aches and pains the lot. :(

After a few trips to the GP it was discovered I had an underactive Thyroid and was prescribed medication for it. I have been on them now for a couple of years and now I feel like a new woman.

It was just a thought and hope you feel better soon.:)
    SP 9#531=£620/SP 10 # 531=?PDBX 2016 #2 = £16,766.67/£12,000
    PDBX 2017 #2 = £1,200/£12,000

''If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:
    Thank you all for your kind words. I've had another do-nothing day and also finally bagged myself a nsd. I'm ready for sleep, sleep and more sleep. I didn't manage a nap this afternoon but I'm planning a good, early night.
    As a couple of you have mentioned the docs then I may consider it. Thing is - I don't want to waste their time. Appointments are like hens teeth, and I don't even like any of the doctors there any more. They always tell me to lose weight and I'll feel better... Seriously. I've had tests for glandular fever, diabetes and I've even had an ECG. Not sure whether or not I've had a thyroid test to be honest but we'll see. I was going to see if taking my migraine meds a bit earlier in the evening would leave me less groggy in the morning so I might do that in a minute.
    I've managed to have a relaxing, crochet filled day apart from one little incident with dd (which was huge to her). Online fallout - I'm hoping I've reassured her a bit anyway... I also sorted through my wool stash and made a list of what I'm making and who for. It feels too early to be thinking about December but I don't want my handmade Christmas becoming any more stress than it already feels.
    I think I need to have a word with myself about lowering expectations and stressing less. That might make me feel better...
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    The Thyroid blood test specifically tests the TSH levels CCL. Maybe mention it to the GP. The bonus of an underactive Thyroid is you get FREE prescriptions as it comes under the exemption. :)

Weight gain is also a symptom of it
    SP 9#531=£620/SP 10 # 531=?PDBX 2016 #2 = £16,766.67/£12,000
    PDBX 2017 #2 = £1,200/£12,000

''If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:
    Proud mother moment. Both kids have asked me to teach them how to knit. Awww - we had a lovely bonding hour or two while I showed them and dd is sitting next to me, determined to knit herself a scarf. DS is away with his dad, watching Sunderland lose at football, but he was almost going to take his knitting with him :rotfl:
    So, I've been googling thyroid problems - I tick a few of the boxes so it's something I might consider if I can ever get a doctor's appointment. I feel tired again today in spite of a decent sleep last night. I've been and done my tutoring and the basics of housework (washing, dishes, hoovering) and am having an afternoon of knit and crochet with dd in front of psychic detectives on TV while the boys are out (trashy yet relaxing Sunday afternoon).
    Bagged a nsd yesterday and should get another one today. :j If I'm not spending then that can only be a good thing...
    It does mean that there's not much for me to report here though...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure