postingalwaysposting and noggin's holiday savings club!

Options
hi everyone :hello:

is anyone going on holiday next year at some point and would like to join our saving club to encourage them with saving the money up?

I currently have the amount listed in my sig, £219 paid off our family holiday next year which is in May, also £151.50 mystery shopping money, £26.09 ebay and £25.13 amazon, so thats a total of £421.71 from the hol cost £1353. i also have another holiday i need to save for over new year which i need £550 for. so really i have £421.71 of the total of £1903.

PAP is doing slightly better then me! with a total of £794.46 from a cost of £1400. :T

The money can come from anywhere- overtime/ mystery shopping/ ebay/ amazon etc etc.
Anyone wanting to join please sign up and put it on your sig!

noggin xxx :o

Comments

• postingalwaysposting
    Options
    palmier01.gif

:j hi all, i am here... although i am not doing to bad i am about to hit a plateau and my costs of learning to drive are going to start increasing :rolleyes: so i need all the support/encouragement i can in order to hit my target.

Noggin, good luck. we shall get there no matter how long it takes we will be sunning ourself on some lovely white beaches next year :rotfl: and just think no debt/no loans/no credit cards... just good old hard work and savings :T good luck hun and heres to next year drinks.gif

*i suggest we update weekly with our savings total/what we have completed that week to make extra savings cash ~ off to update my sig*
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there ...what a lovely idea but I can't go this year but wish you luck with it...happy savings...
  • madmoney_2
    Options
    hi nog!! nice to see uve branched out n started another fantastic savings challenge!! unfortunately i wont be going on holiday next year, as any spare money will be going towards xmas as u know, and the rest is for my bloody overdraft!!! Just wanted to wish you well and hope u dont forget me now uve got ur own savings thread lmao!!!! Good luck hun, I will be reading this thread to see how u get on xxxxxx
    LBM 29/07/ 07
    TOTAL DEBT: [strike]3300[/strike]1500
    DFD: Aug '08
    :rudolf:Pesky Xmas Savings Challenge: 62/500 No.006 Of Lucys Party Season Challenge 14/09/07: 4.5:mad:/28lbs:xmassmile

Official DFW Nerd Club No.641
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    taxi, we are only saving for next years hols and i have added this new year on aswell, but our main family holiday is not until next may, so if you are going away for anything next year-even a weekend in skeg, you can still join if u want to.
    thanks mm, dont worry i wont be forgettin u cos i need to save for cmas too much to forget ur thread!!!
    just need to start really trying harder with hol savings aswell-or else wont be going. only, i wouldnt do that to kids-so we would still go-but end up using a dreaded credit card. AND i can honestly honestly cross my heart and say that this is the FIRST time i have ever paid for a holiday by saving really hard and not slapping it on a credit card. so this challenge means alot to me.
    however, i might add that i always end up using the credit cards way too much over christmas aswell-presents, extra food shopping, etc, so both challenges are way way up on my priorities list at the moment!!! so no worries mm, wont be forgettin u!!! lol.

nog xxx
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    My parents are going on a mini break in November so I'm in for helping for that. Need about £300.

Then I'll be saving for some form of holiday next year, but I don't know where/when/with who :rotfl: Got £120 to start with

Can I play? :D
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    gem welcome aboard :j
  • Yorkielass
    Options
    great idea Noggin and PAP. I'm already busy saving for a holiday next year, this is the plan.

We've always used the 1ps - 20ps we have on holidays, save them up and have a savings account which we add them to.

We're also doing the Lloyds save the change thing - I worked out we get £13 a month on average through that (I know it's our money but we don't generally miss it and it's built up pretty fast).

Then we're transferring £75 a month from our current account into our holiday fund at the start of the month along with our other 'annual spends'.

Then my mum and dad save up their 1ps, 2ps and 5ps for us too as them and my brother aren't really bothered.

So we're doing ok. Hoping we can get something booked and sorted for next year before Christmas (was rather last minute this year but now I have a permenant job it's a lot easier to plan and budget for it)
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    welcome gemmzie, ur off to a good start already so well done!
    yorkielass ur proper oraganised arent you, youve got it all sorted out! youll have to let us know where youre going once youve booked it.
    we are going to norfolk for new year, then turkey in may on our big family holiday. norfolk is normally a cheap thing so costs like £400 plus £150 spends for week so really not alot for family of 4 for full week over new year.

i accepted another mystery shop last night, £50! then i have to do 2 more parts to the assignment to get another £30, so this one assignment altogether is £80! so now off to update my sig as its all going in the stash!!! :j

nog x
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    I haven't booked anywhere, but would love to get away. So I think I'll join, start the saving and then book somewhere with OH in the new year.

He has mentioned using a friend of his sisters villa in Ibiza, so will aim for that as a starting point! I doubt I'll be saving much at the moment, but will save every spare penny I come across.
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    nice one lucy welcome aboard!
    im sure after cmas and that well all be able to start putting alot more away for next years holidays. ew ibiza, nice. i like it there. would like to go with dh without dd and ds for one of those 3 nights jobbies but that wont be happening any time soon!!!

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport