PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Wild Thing is like two different cats in one body. In the autumn, she starts growing a fabulously long coat, about 4 inches long in places, which seems to insulate her against all sorts of weather - even in the pouring rain, the downy undercoat doesn't get wet. It's very hard to get her to come indoors - it was 29th November this year and she'll still spend all night out if it isn't exactly baltic.

Never mind, she's about 13 now, I don't expect she'll get any better with age........ :rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Slight degree of domestic anxiety atm, we appear to have lost Wild Thing.

I'm forever losing Buggalugs (if memory serves, the record was 9 days), but she comes back when she's good and ready. :)
  • She passed away a couple of months ago, aged 20, so it didn't do her much harm!

Buggalugs is 18-1/2, and still going strong-ish, so I concur on the outdoor living.
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This afternoon I called into Sainsbury's Calcot for a few items that I cannot get elsewhere.

OMG, the carpark was gridlocked, and still was when I came out. There was stationary traffic behind my car following their daft one way system. I decided to take the bus home, and arrived back in Woodley at 17.45.

Of course I've now got to go and retrieve my car after supper. What a palaver eh, though I'm very glad I always carry two £2 coins for a day bus ticket.
  • jk0
    Options
    Phew!

Okay, back home safe & sound, and the car was okay too. Strangely Sainsburys were already shut at ten past nine. I'd guess the hords had stripped the shelves bare. :)
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can’t be doing with crowded shops, jko, I come over all psychotic when I encounter every man and his dog and their blasted shopping trollies. Tomorrow I might venture out to the village Co-op then next week cautiously explore Mr T E S Cohen’s food emporium. Best done early morning or late evening to avoid the crowds.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm another one only prepared to tackle the Co-Op, which I'll be doing later this morning.

I now have my cash stash. Have told DH about it so he also knows vaguely where it is in an emergency. Will have to keep checking it though, that's the problem being married to an alcoholic.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • jk0
    Options
    I think I would instead tell a trusted relative Jazee.

(You don't know when there will be a 'beer emergency'). :(
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    I think I would instead tell a trusted relative Jazee.

(You don't know when there will be a 'beer emergency'). :(

You've got a point. I only vaguely pointed out the area and didn't say how much was there. I think I will keep only a small amount there and stash most elsewhere and tell DD. I don't want DH to think I don't trust him not to touch it, he's a great DH really.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    It would be putting temptation in his way Jazee, and then you'd feel bad if he gave in to it. xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport