Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
1.9K replies 264.1K views

Replies

• edited 4 May at 8:17PM
    angievagaangievaga Forumite
    29 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 4 May at 8:17PM
     No questions yet. They said on the phone that broker should have the requests by end of tomorrow if any are needed!!
    Experian file also checked on Thursday and money for valuation taken. 
    Do you mind me asking what your reason for precise is? We have debt that we want to clear with buying our new home and credit files not in best shape. This is our final go as not sure if there is anyone else out there. Declines already from high street lenders! 
    Fingers crossed
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi
    We have chosen precise because of poor credit history hubby not too bad I have several defaults registered nearly 3 years ago.

we were nt really planning on buying for another year but fell in love with a new build in December. 
    We have nt tried any others (know we would nt get the be) but I’ve heard of Kensington that also do poor credit. But, I do think this is our only shot for this house x
    I hope yours goes through must have been hard with the other lenders x
  • KLHughesKLHughes Forumite
    68 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Well precise wanted work references from me and my husband (we expected that so got them ready for when broker sent application in) but they want them directly. They put on the ‘first questions’ email (thursday) that they have applied directly to employer but both mine and my husbands work haven’t received an email from them🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️  Broker has sent them an email to see what email addresses theyve used or whether they have wrote to them instead but now it takes 2 days for them to read emails😞 How many of you have rang them yourselves? I know they aren’t supposed to give information to us directly, only through a broker but wondering if its worth a try?🤷‍♀️
    Thanks 😊 
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Do you know why they ask for work references, that seems harsh? How would they know who to send them to?
  • angievagaangievaga Forumite
    29 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I called them yesterday. They were so helpful but security is tight. If you know all of the answers they will happily assist. I will defiantly call again if I need to. Give it a go, they can only say no!
    let us know how you get on. Strange to contact employers?
  • KLHughesKLHughes Forumite
    68 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Its because my husbands payroll provider changed so his wage slips look really confusing. And i’ve only been working for the company I work for around 14 months. Apparently Precise ask for them a lot, all it is is basically an email confirming hours, pay, start date etc. I think I may give them a ring, what kind of security questions will they ask? Thanks x
    29 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    They just asked for name, address, ref number off your quotation, new address and who your mortgage adviser is.
    I have just had first request for information, p60s, wage slips, bank statements!
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Ohhhh exciting that you have had your first request for info! I have nt had my latest p60 yet! 
  • pantheamoonpantheamoon Forumite
    35 Posts
    10 Posts
    Hi we submitted our application on Friday last week.  Paid the valuation.  It is such a nerve wracking experience.  I have given them everything other than the kitchen sink, P60s everything.  The only thing I didn't have was my husbands p45 from his last job.  I'm hoping that isn't an issue.  Do they tend to ask many questions?  
    29 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Those were all the ones I had today. Who know what we will be asked for! I have heard stories on here that you may be asked for information off bank statements transactions. Let’s all keep touch with progress hopefully we will all get there!  🤞