Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
1.8K replies 260.3K views

Replies

• _AandL__AandL_ Forumite
    88 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    We submitted our full application on the 11th so the day before you. We’ve had two lots of questions, seems to be quite slow the last couple of weeks. Last questions were answered Wednesday last week. Put the valuation on hold until all the paperwork is good. Really hoping this is instructed soon! 
  • mrseff_2mrseff_2 Forumite
    38 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    _AandL_ said:
    We submitted our full application on the 11th so the day before you. We’ve had two lots of questions, seems to be quite slow the last couple of weeks. Last questions were answered Wednesday last week. Put the valuation on hold until all the paperwork is good. Really hoping this is instructed soon! 
    Yeh - I was told the underwriter would be looking at it all post valuation at the earliest last Friday... fingers crossed for news soon!
  • SebasteenoSebasteeno Forumite
    12 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Well it only took three days for Precise to come back with its first set of questions. - some where asking what do items where on bank statements, one asked why I'd received the seiss in December and another asked about tax credits not tallying with earnings by £700 (they've got their figures wrong and it was out by £50). 
    I've answered all questions thoroughly but have had my confidence knocked that we'll get this over the line with this set of questions
  • gemstar28gemstar28 Forumite
    28 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I’m hearing nothing at all - I still can’t tell if this a broker issue (ie not submitting application on 11/12th Feb or missing key documents).
    Or is it because of buying a new build which is not due to complete until Autumn so they are focusing on priority cases.

• _AandL__AandL_ Forumite
    88 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Well it only took three days for Precise to come back with its first set of questions. - some where asking what do items where on bank statements, one asked why I'd received the seiss in December and another asked about tax credits not tallying with earnings by £700 (they've got their figures wrong and it was out by £50). 
    I've answered all questions thoroughly but have had my confidence knocked that we'll get this over the line with this set of questions
    We’ve had the same. They’ve asked loads of questions about the Seiss grant I took in December, seems to be all they are focusing on. 
  • mrseff_2mrseff_2 Forumite
    38 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was super nervous at the beginning and very negative about the outcome - then after questions and quick valuation I gained a little confidence. Now that it's going on a bit I'm fully back into doom monger mode. I've put my phone in the other room and logged out of personal email on laptop so I'm not checking every 30 seconds...! Adding to my paranoia is that my MA is also a personal contact so I've managed to convince myself that she's had a decline but doesn't know how to tell me!!
  • Dollybird2021Dollybird2021 Forumite
    10 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    I’m the same. The last set of questions I had included the direct debit mandate & to sign the standard security.  So I’m sure the next outcome will be the yes or the no. That was Monday the answers were sent over so I’m hoping I hear by the end of the week. I feel totally stuck in limbo it’s terrible 
    28 Posts
    I’m the same. The last set of  questions I had included the direct debit mandate & to sign the standard security.  So I’m sure the next outcome will be the yes or the no. That was Monday the answers were sent over so I’m hoping I hear by the end of the week. I feel totally stuck in limbo it’s terrible 
    I thought the same but when you look online at their application process these documents must be sent from the outset of the application which made me think has my broker forgot to send them. 
  • Clairelou86Clairelou86 Forumite
    43 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    We are still waiting. It will be 4 weeks on Friday. Two sets of questions asked and querying affordability now although broker has done and re-done affordability checks and it’s affordable for us. Loosing all hope this will go through to be honest and we will loose the search fees and valuation fee 😔. 
    28 Posts
    Finally an update! We’ve been asked for more detail in relation to some direct debits and they have instructed valuation.
    Fingers crossed this is promising!