Must stop spending

Options

Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    bubble wrap/poundland they sell big rolls of it
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • bubble wrap/poundland they sell big rolls of it

Thanks so much! I just looked on their website... £1 for 5M. Bargain!! I had been buying 25M rolls from Costco for £9.99 which I had thought was good compared to other stores. I'll be making a trip to Poundland tomorrow :)
    May 2015: £11685.56 / November 2017: £2076
    Credit card: £302
    Paid back : £700 / £2476
  • So I've booked another holiday...

Our close friends are getting married in Ibiza in the summer and invited us.
    It's just 4 nights and I went for the best deal I could find.
    Paid £75 deposit today and got to pay the remaining £500 by May! :rotfl:
  • How is it Monday already?!

We spent Friday evening and Saturday packing the flat. Can't believe how long it's taking us. Went and bought a plastic box and bubble wrap. £1 a roll. It works out the same price as the rolls I had been buying in Costco but saved me a trip.
    All the flat stuff is going really slow. Our buyers solicitor is useless. It's stressing me out. It's taking longer than it needs to and the enquiries are silly and coming in bits rather than all at once.

Yesterday we went to see my husbands brother and his family for a bit before we went to lunch with friends.
    Luckily we all ordered drinks at the bar but everyone started ordering starters sides and we only wanted a main. So we made an excuse to leave a bit earlier and just left he cash to cover what we had rather than split the bill and treat everyone else to their extras. I hate splitting bills!

I haven't slept well at all this weekend so not feeling great this morning but I'm trying to stay positive that this week will be better and we will make some progress with the flat.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Totally agree with you about the bill splitting my hubby's friends do this last time we went out between me and hubby our food and drink bill came to about £45 ended up costing us £98 ........they pick the most expensive thing on the menu and a few bottles of wine between them told hubby that ain't happening again xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I also totally agree about splitting bills. Last time I went for lunch with colleagues my food & drink came to £19, when the bill was divided up it was £42 each! :eek: And I am ashamed to say that I just went along with it and paid the extra £23. It was over 2 months ago and I'm still so annoyed with myself for not speaking up :mad: - next time I will try the "leave early and leave cash" strategy!
  • It's so annoying isn't it! Half the time I'm not hungry enough to eat all the extras but mainly that I can't afford them. I swear it's always the person that orders the most that then suggests splitting the bill.
    I end up not enjoying the meal because I'm worrying about the bill.

Is it pay day yet? I'm running out of money fast this month :( lots of extra expenses coming up wth our move. Got the balance due for Disney coming up and Ibiza will soon need paying for.
    Just want to sell my flat so we are not paying for that anymore. We are moved in with my parents now so at least saving money on food :)
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Yes exactly, I'd like to think they aren't being so premeditated as to think "haha, I can get these suckers to pay for half my meal" but it is very convenient that it always seems to work out in someone's favour. Maybe I will have to start thinking that the bill-splitters are in the wrong for trying to make me pay for their food, instead of feel bad that I can't afford to be extravagant with my ordering. (I feel really silly writing that down, but that is how I feel when I'm sitting in the restaurant... it's mad, isn't it?)
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Extravagant bill splitters used to drive me demented (when I had a job and actually went out for lunch, ever!). if DH and I get invited out now, we only say yes if it's people we know well enough to (a) trust that they won't go bananas or (b) ask if we can just pay our way as one of us isn't drinking, or only wants one course, or some similar excuse. It might make us a bit scroogey, but it saves on bill splitting rage.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • It's fridaaaay :)

Got our payslips today and I will be getting my £300 bonus in my pay on Monday :)
    I know it's not loads but it's going straight on my cc! I can't wait to get my debt below £4K next month.
    It's painful when I see my bonus should be over £500 but tax and my student loan eat it :(

Finally got the £80 credited to my mobile phone account for selling my phone back to them in November!! So my next two bills will be free and I can pay an extra £40 a month towards debt. :)

Still no further with our sale. Rubbish solicitors :(
    Just need the flat gone now.

No plans this weekend apart from seeing family and packing up the flat so hopefully I'll make it to pay day with £70 left in my account and it can go towards debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills