Walk 1000 miles

Options

Comments

• gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I've walked 11 miles today in beautiful Yorkshire in beautiful sunshine. That has bumped up my total to 406 miles. Onwards and upwards.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,637 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I finished last week on 310 miles so still on target for 1000 miles but some way off the 1500 I would like to achieve. I have the dogs back and the temps have dropped so we will go for a walk tonight.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Biollante21
    Options
    I finished the week on 297 miles for the year after my first proper outing in quite a while and completing a 9.75 mile route of the Roe Green Loopline near Worlsey in Manchester
    Will be out this weekend on the Rivington recce and hoping to complete my first Wainwright next week before going up Pen Y Ghent next Saturday
    Congrats on your totals
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I finished the week on 297 miles for the year after my first proper outing in quite a while and completing a 9.75 mile route of the Roe Green Loopline near Worlsey in Manchester
    Will be out this weekend on the Rivington recce and hoping to complete my first Wainwright next week before going up Pen Y Ghent next Saturday
    Congrats on your totals

What's going to be your first wainwright?
    My first one was fairfield, up to just over 100 now :)
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Biollante21
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    What's going to be your first wainwright?
    My first one was fairfield, up to just over 100 now :)

Probably Catbells
    Have yet to decide 100% though but i am a member of a club on FB and most people on there have recommended Catbells as the first one to do
    How long have you been walking/climbing them?
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Probably Catbells
    Have yet to decide 100% though but i am a member of a club on FB and most people on there have recommended Catbells as the first one to do
    How long have you been walking/climbing them?

About 2 yrs now. But sadly been neglecting them due to mainly running routes I know. Although I did manage to get a few ticked off in Feb. Catbells was one of the ones I did in Feb for the first time.
    Funnily enough I then ran up there a couple of weeks ago too!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Biollante21
    Options
    I struggle to run water nevermind up a hill :rotfl:
    Like your signature :money:
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,637 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I finished wk 15 on 331 against a target of 287 so still on track. I averaged over 11,000 steps as well - I definitely walked when I would have driven in the past as I was conscious of my step count for that day.

I expect to be having my cataract op on Saturday so will need to be taking it easy for a couple of days at least post op. I am not allowed to do anything that raises my blood pressure and walking my dogs certainly qualifies there! I may just have to go for a gentle wander without them, which will be weird.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Biollante21
    Options
    @ Mallygirl
    Hope your op went well and you are soon up and running (well walking :) )

Due to unforeseen circumstances my Wainwright went by the wayside but i did manage to clamber up Pen Y Ghent last Saturday
    Brilliant day out
    Am currently on 333.70 for the year so not doing too bad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family