Walk 1000 miles

Options

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Checking in. I'm not far from you, Biollante21. Managed five miles today taking me to 139. The weather has been awful for the last few days, I don't walk in the rain. Today was a bit sunny, then clouded over, and was ffffreeeezing cold. I put a big jacket on with a furry hood so it was bearable.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,633 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    as expected, last week's 'boots on' mileage was low as I was away in sunnier climes and I only averaged 8,500 steps a day over the week. I did manage 17,000 steps on one day though - with a challenging walk at 2,500m. At the end of week 7 I am at 142 miles against a target of 134 so I am still on plan.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ilona
    Options
    Hello MallyGirl, your mileage is looking good. I like to set myself small targets, it gives me a boost and gets me off my bum and out the door. I am on 171 miles at the moment, and my target for the end of Feb is 200. I reckoned that I could do 100, with a bit of a push, even though it's a short month. I'm having a day walk with two buddies on Friday, should be about ten miles.

I am planning a long walk for the beginning of March, which could see me doing the whole 100+ miles in about seven days. I have the time as I am retired.

I won't try and do the 2000 miles as in the other thread, because I don't have the time to do it. If I can keep up the 100 miles a month, it should see me finishing at the end of October.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • Ilona
    Options
    I did 12 miles in the Yorkshire Wolds yesterday. Thixendale and Wharram Percy, great weather mainly sunny, big wide open spaces. Bumped up my total to 179 miles. Four days left in the month, if I do 3 per day that will take me to the planned 100.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    105 miles since 1st Feb and should be another 9 miles by Wednesday, really pleased, keeping to the 10000 steps per day with the odd day 8k, but others 12 to 15k, but helps me focus and something to aim for.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    After a week of holiday and then a week away on a residential course my progress has slipped a bit :( Not a surprise.
    End of week 8 saw me at 149 miles against the plan of 153 so I am not far off.
    I now have the dogs back and some normal weeks ahead of me so I can crack on.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Ilona
    Options
    At the end of February I have walked a total of 200 miles. Chuffed with that.
    ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    good stuff - I was only at 156 so I need to get a move on!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    At the end of February I have walked a total of 200 miles. Chuffed with that.
    ilona
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    good stuff - I was only at 156 so I need to get a move on!

I'm not that far ahead of you guys and my target is 2000 :rotfl:
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Working on weekly averages for 1000 miles, a total of 153.8 miles as of Sunday just gone is 'on target', anything over is a bonus/buffer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure