Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    FINISHED

1000 miles walked in 2016. That's extra miles on top of my everyday walking.

I feel great, definitely worth doing, it has knocked years off me. Certainly don't feel 67, I'm probably about 43 now. :D

Who's up for it in 2017? It's easy, only 2.73 miles a day.

ilona

I am up for next year. I am still recovering from an injury so it will be a slow start with walking but I will hopefully get back to a bit of running soon. I asked for a running watch for Christmas before I developed the injury so I need to make sure it isn't the most useless present ever (my husband's comment when it arrived).
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just to update my 2016 stats as I will probably only add on about 3 miles to this tomorrow and the same on sat:

Distance: 1,342.5 mi
    Time: 207h 23m
    Elev Gain: 99,380 ft
    Runs: 261
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • PoorGuyNextDoor
    Options
    I am signing up for this. Will also be tracking it by 70k steps a week so if i want a lazy day i have to make up for it another day. How many steps do you think it is to do the days 2.73 miles?
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends on your stride but my walk yesterday came in at :
    Steps - 5,145
    2.59 miles
    325 Kcal burnt (I wish LOL)
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Productive week to end the year :T
    53.5 miles to bring my total to 901.7 since I started counting in June.
    241 activities with an average duration of almost 1.5 hours and average distance of 3.74 miles and total ascent of 47,512 ft.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    edited 1 January 2017 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Hopefully I am allowed within this thread as I am using steps rather than miles as my measurement.
    I also believe the results should be set against oneself particularly as "steps" appear to be an inexact science.
    So I do not publicly speak of how many steps but how my steps measure up against my history and goals.
    I have been measuring steps on my phone using Google Fit since 2014. Using my total steps for 2015 I set my target for 2016 which was the daily average of 2015.
    I now have monthly records of both 2015 and 2016.
    My result for 2016 shows that I have, on average, exceeded my 2016 goal and therefore my 2015 daily average by 31%
    I am very pleased with this as frankly the best incentive for me has been to exceed my 2015 total and have daily looked at that target figure and been disappointed when I did not make it that day.
    So now I have a new daily target for 2017 (which is my 2016 daily average) and that 31% increase 2016 over 2015 rather intimidates me.
    Wish me luck.
    Happy and healthy new year.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

Hope you dont mind if I join. Try to walk most days so nice to have a target

Did not expect to walk too early today as I have been on Nights but next door had workmen in chiselling tiles off bathroom wall that is adjacent to my bedroom :(. Went to bed at 07:00, up at 09:45 so thought i will get a walk in.

Total walked so far = 11.31 miles...988.69 left to go...1% achieved;)
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    Total at the end of week 1 is 15.9 miles but I am recovering from an injury so I didn't start till I got the nod from the physio on 4th.
    Next week will be better.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    Total at the end of week 2 is 44 miles, and have also averaged 10,000 steps per day.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    Looks like it is just me this year - I know I won't make 2000 miles which seems to be a more active thread.

Total at the end of week 3 is 63 miles (target was 49), and have also averaged 10,000 steps per day looking at the week overall.

I feel like I could restart running again now, after an injury at the end of November, but DH has asked me to hold off till we get back from our holiday in February. There will be quite a lot of walking and wild camping so that would be spoiled if I aggravated the foot before it was truly healed. I am impatient now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure