Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cancelled sky on Friday best they would do 40/off still no offer on sky app
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yeah, got the email with the confirmation date. As the previous reply the agents are driven on retention stats, hence why they will tell porkies.
    Screenshot_2017-06-30_at_13.12.22.png

Last week before I saw this I rang to cancel my tv and got a right cow, she was half listening to me and busy tapping away at her keyboard. I asked to cancel my TV and she told me I had to wait until 31 days. After reading your post I checked the T&Cs and it said a minimum of 31 days notice had to be given so I called yesterday and got a right pushy salesman on retentions, I stood my ground and told him I wanted to cancel at the end of my term (2 Sept) and was giving over 31 days notice as stated in the T&Cs, he then applied it. This morning I logged on to see an offer for 50% off TV and free broadband. I can take or leave the tv as we hardly watch the sky channels but I do want the BB and Talk which finish on the 27th of this month. I would like the half price call package that is available to new customers along with the free BB (we can't get fibre) so I'm holding out a bit longer ;).
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    rexel wrote: »
    Cancelled sky on Friday best they would do 40/off still no offer on sky app

Check online, my offers are not on the app but when I log into my account online the tv one is there and when I clicked through to cancel BB and Talk the free BB one was there.
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok I see it now went from 40% for 18 months to50% off for 12 months I will wait a little longer not due to get cut off 1 aug
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    rexel wrote: »
    Ok I see it now went from 40% for 18 months to50% off for 12 months I will wait a little longer not due to get cut off 1 aug

If you can manage without it you may get better deals after you've been cut off, for the past two years I've had 60% off TV getting the original package for £8pm and then upgrading to sports for a month at a time when wanted which also had 60% off.
  • Macandy
    Options
    Word of warning though regarding cancelling.
    If you try and come back, you will get told by a very snotty sales person you cant bring your existing number back and you will have to have a new phone number.

When I argued with the sales muppet - no, that number has already been registered to SKY and you cant use it again.

Sounds like its a policy designed to punish people who leave and return for a better deal.
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Macandy wrote: »
    If you try and come back, you will get told by a very snotty sales person you cant bring your existing number back and you will have to have a new phone number.

When I argued with the sales muppet - no, that number has already been registered to SKY and you cant use it again.

Sounds like its a policy designed to punish people who leave and return for a better deal.

Yeah I've heard that one before but if you just go to another provider and not cancel with sky they'll port your number over and deal with sky for the cancellation.
  • mgns
    mgns Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Macandy wrote: »

Thanks for the word of warning.

Does that occur after the 14 day notice period (for BB & Talk) has lapsed or is it something that happens the minute you say "I wish to cancel my Sky BB & Talk"?
  • SIRUSKEY
    SIRUSKEY Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    The sky chat people have cut me off three times so I'm giving up for a couple weeks.

They offered me 40% this is the best we can do! They then offered me 40% plus one months credit on the original bundle.

I told them they had already offered me 60%. I had to prove this to them!!!

They then offered me that.

I have politely ask for the 75% :D only to be told they haven't done this for 8 months.

When we reach to silent stalemate I get cut off.

The third and final online chat he just told me straight :mad:

I'm going to sit it out as we have nowtv anyway.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SIRUSKEY wrote: »
    The sky chat people have cut me off three times so I'm giving up for a couple weeks.

When we reach to silent stalemate I get cut off.

If by that you mean that you just sit and wait for a better offer without typing anything then of course they're going to stop the chat, there is a clue in the name :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback