Forum Home» Phones & TV

Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes) - Page 92

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

edited 28 September 2016 at 7:45PM in Phones & TV
2.2K replies 382.7K views

Replies

• edited 12 January 2018 at 2:39PM
    leewleew Forumite
    685 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 12 January 2018 at 2:39PM
    Rang Virgin, best they offered on first call was 20mb capped £14 a month If go over it's £21.00, turned it down.

Does anyone think I'll get a call by retentions? guy was nice enough, he put me on hold and spoke to his Manager who then came back with the above 'deal'

I never knew they did 20mb!

I get the feeling I won't get a call with him having spoken to his Manager <-- maybe Retentions he spoke to?
  • tazwhoevertazwhoever Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Been with VM many years and always ring them yearly through retentions.
    Had to ring today for renewal contract.
    Not a good deal - BB 50 and Talk 24/7 for £19 pm (paid also line rental saver)
    I think good deals are gone!
    Could I got this cheaper through VM?
  • ScoobyZScoobyZ Forumite
    434 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is we call them every year and threaten to leave and then always stay.

So this year I have left as I didn't get a deal. I'm now going to flick around providers like I do with GAS and Electric. I know Virgin offer the fastest but if you speed test in the evenings it's often a 1/4 of the speed you are paying for.
  • leewleew Forumite
    685 posts
    ✭✭
    I have now got the disconnection email :(

Please tell me they will phone and beg me to stay :o

I've been with them for years and could do without the hassle of moving!
  • edited 15 January 2018 at 9:13AM
    GarfGarf Forumite
    93 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 15 January 2018 at 9:13AM
    Garf wrote: »

Currently got the Full House (XL) package with Vivid 200 fiber option broadband, talk weekends and telephone rental for £35 per month. About to jump to £79.99 (+ Landline at £19)

Exactly the same thing will happen with me next month.
    Have phoned VM up.

They have offered the V.I.P at £88. Same for new customers :(
    Being passed onto retentions now :rotfl:

I received the disconnect email shortly after this phone call on THURSDAY.

On SATURDAY morning the "loyalty team" rang me up.

1st offer was £78 for what I have at the moment (so, discount my Landline - that I dont ever use) - NO
    2nd offer (after a lot of waiting) was what I have at the moment for £60 - Almost YES

During this time I had been discussing our TV usage with my wife.
    We have a Smart TV with NOW TV built in. Most of our TV is on-demand these days.
    So all I want is the high-speed internet - I also work at home for a Software Company. So I use the internet heavily in the day.

3rd offer - 200Mbps (with Landline) for £30 = YES

I've already got NOW TV Enterntainment pass for £3.49 (more channels than Virgin) and Sky Movies (more Films than Virgin "Sky Movies") free for 2 months.

Oh, and I still get to pay £8 for my Virgin Sim (4GB (Rollover - Free WhatsApp, Facebook & Twitter), 2500 minutes, unlimited texts)

:money::beer::T
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
  • robtirobti Forumite
    183 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Can I ask, I have been into my account and there is no where to put your contact number, any help?
    Thanks
  • Alias_OmegaAlias_Omega Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were 50MB for £24 for 12 months, this was upgraded to 70MB, then recently up to 100MB. The price increased to £26.47. We contacted them with concern, fully happy with the service..just cost is a factor as going up to £42. New customers get 50MB for 27mb etc...

Left the phone call without agreeing anything, however i had TalkTalk via Quidco open and proceeded to place the order, inc active line take-over.

Received a telephone call from Virgin yesterday, however missed it. Also received a Virgin Survey....

Next step....await call...or even chance it by contacting them saying we had a missed call.
  • edited 16 January 2018 at 2:34PM
    leewleew Forumite
    685 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 16 January 2018 at 2:34PM
    Virgin rang me today after I'd cancelled my broadband on Friday.
    hpmann wrote: »
    Got the call yesterday and was offered 100mb for £28 which I
    declined, so was offered 50mb for £23 with two months free which I accepted, so works out at just over £19 - still waiting for the confirmation email but the credit has already been applied to my account :)

Yep more or less same deal as you hpmann, must be a standard deal.

£23 with two months free for 70mb which I accepted, not the greatest deal but happy enough as it means I don't have the hassle now of switching.
  • karlie88karlie88 Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Virgin Line Rental with weekend calls and Vivid 100Mb internet

Last year's deal that I got - £17/month for the above.

Promotional credit/monthly discounts ended a couple of weeks ago, resulting in a new price of £43/month!

Phoned up and got the same package for £18/month for 12 months.

Good luck to others.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • leewleew Forumite
    685 posts
    ✭✭
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Virgin Line Rental with weekend calls and Vivid 100Mb internet

Last year's deal that I got - £17/month for the above.

Promotional credit/monthly discounts ended a couple of weeks ago, resulting in a new price of £43/month!

Phoned up and got the same package for £18/month for 12 months.

Good luck to others.

Crikey looks like I've been done after seeing that :( cracking deal, did you refuse the first offer? I was thinking about it but chickened out and took the £23 + 2 months free :o