Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• jehangir
    jehangir Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Hi , just a quite update I was able to get the price down to £27 for 50gig - telephone line and weekend calls .

I held out till the last week before disconnection and then Virgin phoned with the offer.

A bit of a gamble but it worked .
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was offered £25 today for the same.

I'll believe it when I see it in writing
  • Unky_Al
    Unky_Al Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Well they managed to get hold of me last night and they did my same package for £44 (would have been £65 after the increase), so I'm happy with that.
  • Garf
    Garf Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All very interesting. Im about to start haggling too!
    Wish they wouldnt bundle TV and Phone in all the time
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
  • AVJ
    AVJ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Suggested to them they were too expensive & wanted to leave, got lots of persuasion. Tried to get the new box, no luck. Still with them but went for a smaller TV package considering we don't watch most of them anyway!
  • Nicky321
    Nicky321 Posts: 1,426 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2017 at 8:58PM
    Options
    Well yesterday I should have received my extra V6 box, but I received a super hub 3.0 (which I didnt need as I already have one). I rang them again and after 40 mins on the phone they decided the superhub had been sent out in error and the V6 box not ordered. Anyway, the guy who I spoke to ordered the V6 box (supposedly) and arranged for it to be delivered tomorrow. Then today I receive my new contract via email (I have erased all personal details) but am I right in assuming i am only going to be charged £51.62 and not the £70.50 I agreed (not that i am complaining), but I have decided not to sign and return it until i receive my V6 box. new_contract.jpg
  • HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nicky321 wrote: »
    Well yesterday I should have received my extra V6 box, but I received a super hub 3.0 (which I didnt need as I already have one). I rang them again and after 40 mins on the phone they decided the superhub had been sent out in error and the V6 box not ordered. Anyway, the guy who I spoke to ordered the V6 box (supposedly) and arranged for it to be delivered tomorrow. Then today I receive my new contract via email (I have erased all personal details) but am I right in assuming i am only going to be charged £51.62 and not the £70.50 I agreed (not that i am complaining), but I have decided not to sign and return it until i receive my V6 box. new_contract.jpg

I yhink you'll find the £70 included line rental, but you've paid for 12 months Line Rental Saver, so they knock £19 a month off that.
  • cezairs
    cezairs Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I an idiot and forgot the cut off date !!
    Didn’t get another call so now have nothing.
    Yikes.........feeling daft.
  • Alpha_5
    Alpha_5 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My experience from a couple of years ago is that I only got one call/offer from outbound and after declining it I received no further calls. In the end I called inbound and although they had a record of the offer that was made, they were adamant the offer hadnt included line rental and that I needed to pay on top. I begrudgingly accepted it.

Due to the recent price rises I put my notice in 2 weeks ago but not heard from outbound at all. I only have broadband with them now, so maybe they are happy to let me go!
  • Vexd
    Vexd Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I was/am on the Big Kahuna bundle:

TV XL
    100MB BB (upgraded to 150MB)
    Sky Sports + BT Sports
    3yr old TiVO & Superhub 2.0
    Basic phone

Am paying the ridiculously high, in my opinion, £116pm. After finally plucking up the courage to do something about it, I called VM and selected the 'thinking of leaving' option. The person I spoke to was polite but after a bit of haggling was only able to offer a price cut to £87pm, which also meant dropping back to 100MB BB. He explained that the offer would be valid for 7 days from the call, that they would send a text confirming and if I wanted to accept, I just had to reply YES. I didn't. I decided to go the whole hog, call their bluff and called back yesterday (7th Oct) to cancel my contract and give 30 days notice. They tried to offer me a supposedly better deal there and then, after I said I wasn't happy with the very slow/laggy TiVO and Superhub which needed regular rebooting, and they said I could keep my existing package plus new V6 and Superhub (but would need to pay a £20 installation fee), for £90pm (protected from Nov price rise). I said thanks but no thanks and asked them to go ahead and cancel my contract. So, the waiting begins! Will let you know if and when I get a call from outbound retentions and what they're able to offer *fingers crossed*.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback