Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• staffsuk
    Options
    Thanks very much for your help. I noticed a lot of people had done this on the thread but am nervous about cancelling in case I don't get the call - could I "uncancel" if I didn't or do they *always* call? I'm guessing it will be more difficult to lower the price without a better deal as a benchmark?

I'm fairly sure they always call but they may not call back if you refuse their initial offer as happened with me. I suspect it also depends on the person calling - I had a particularly miserable individual. If you don't need 100Mb broadband speed ask what they can offer you with 50Mb instead when they call. If they don't call you can begrudgingly call inbound retentions back to agree a deal up to the termination date. Most receive a call from outbound within a few days of cancelling their contract.
  • superdon
    superdon Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In our recent experience, outbound retentions called within a few days.

If you cancel you have the 30 days period and can change your mind at any point. Any offers you get will be noted on your account so you can fall back on them. Just keep going until you think the deal is fair. I am pretty sure I could have haggled a bit more but the deal I got was good, fair and we are happy with it so accepted.
  • Nickyno
    Nickyno Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cancelled 2cm on 25th Sept. Had 1st call today offering
    Tv xl
    Movies
    Sports
    BB 200mb
    2 x v6 boxes
    Basic phone

They ringing back later, do i take this offer or hold out longer ? Is a better offer likely?
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nickyno wrote: »
    Tv xl
    Movies
    Sports
    BB 200mb
    2 x v6 boxes
    Basic phone

They ringing back later, do i take this offer or hold out longer ? Is a better offer likely?
    Well i would tell us what the offer is first.
  • Nicky321
    Nicky321 Posts: 1,426 Forumite
    Options
    den169 wrote: »
    Well i would tell us what the offer is first.

Lol, sorry i missed the crucial thing, they have offered me this for £70.50/month for 12 months.

Couldn't get on as Nicky321 earlier, so had to use my other account Nickyno.
  • Nicky321
    Options
    Nickyno wrote: »
    Tv xl
    Movies
    Sports
    BB 200mb
    2 x v6 boxes
    Basic phone

managed to get sports HD added all for £70.50/month, no price increase, 12 month contract, happy days :T
  • Ravster02
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Here's what I'm paying for atm:

TV Mix + Asian Mela Package
    70mb Broadband
    Talk Weekend

all for £65 a month, and we have the super old router and no tivo box or anything like that since we've been with virgin for a while.

What kind of price should I aim for when I call them up to cancel?
  • Nicky321
    Options
    Ravster02 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Here's what I'm paying for atm:

TV Mix + Asian Mela Package
    70mb Broadband
    Talk Weekend

all for £65 a month, and we have the super old router and no tivo box or anything like that since we've been with virgin for a while.

What kind of price should I aim for when I call them up to cancel?
    Ring them when your 30 days from your contract end date. Ring them and tell them you would like to give your 30 days notice to cancel all services. If they offer you anything at that time, I would still go ahead and tell them you want to cancel. Then hang tight and you will get a call from retentions.

I rang and cancelled 25th September, got phone call today from retentions, they offered me the package in post above (Nickyno) but I asked them to ring back later today, after I had spoke with my husband. When they rang back, I said if they throw in the sports HD pack in for the price we would stay, retentions said they couldn't include that, and all discounts had been applied. I then asked them to ring back tomorrow, and the lady on the phone asked me to hang on while she spoke to her manager, suddenly they could throw in the HD Pack :)
  • Unky_Al
    Unky_Al Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Missed 2 calls from them yesterday, why did I have to be in meetings lol. Just hoping they'll try a 3rd time
  • Nicky321
    edited 3 October 2017 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Unky_Al wrote: »
    Missed 2 calls from them yesterday, why did I have to be in meetings lol. Just hoping they'll try a 3rd time

From my experience, they keep on ringing till they get you to stay.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback