Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Had the call today, one day before disconnection, having had a couple of missed calls from them over the last couple of weeks.

Was offered 50mbps + phone for £23pm with the first month free. Said no thanks I'll go ahead with the disconnection. Asked if there was anything else they could do for me and I mentioned the £100 credit in the current uswitch offer. He went away "to speak to his manager" and came back with 100mbps + phone for £26pm with £100 credit (works out at £17.67pm) which I accepted. Without the phone it would have been £2pm dearer, with Player TV £4pm dearer.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    faddy wrote: »
    Had the call today, one day before disconnection, having had a couple of missed calls from them over the last couple of weeks.

Was offered 50mbps + phone for £23pm with the first month free. Said no thanks I'll go ahead with the disconnection. Asked if there was anything else they could do for me and I mentioned the £100 credit in the current uswitch offer. He went away "to speak to his manager" and came back with 100mbps + phone for £26pm with £100 credit (works out at £17.67pm) which I accepted. Without the phone it would have been £2pm dearer, with Player TV £4pm dearer.

You got quite a good deal there. Can I just ask though - had you already started your switch over to a new supplier or were you simply waiting for your Virgin to get turned off and then start looking elsewhere?
  • getchin
    getchin Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    getchin wrote: »
    Just in the process of doing this song and dance; we're a very high usage household with gamers, streamers etc so I'm not too confident after reading about them not offering discounts to high usage customers.

Will update this as it goes on.

14/05
    Call to cancel: put through to extremely rude foreign VM rep who could only offer £1pm off our bill
    Cancellation processed.

Just got the callback from retentions after about 6 missed calls over the past 2 days. They seemed extremely keen to sign us for 12 months so offered:

100mb £23pm
    200mb: £27pm
    350mb: £30pm

12 month contract with discounts applied for 18 months if we stayed beyond the contract term. We were paying £43pm for 200mb so we decided to go for the 300mb option. Saved money and got a better speed!
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2018 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Youve got days left! They called us the day before to offer a rebate.

No phone call and ends tomorrow night, looks it will be ringing them :(

"We'd really hate to see you go. So tell us why you!!!8217;re thinking of leaving us and we!!!8217;ll do our best to put a smile back on your face."
    http://store.virginmedia.com/special-offers/leaving.html

Yeah right!!

The only choice I got later is what new customers are paying, 50Mb for £27 for 12 months :mad: as some people posted here getting a lot more for less.

EDIT: I just did online chat, checking if I was being disconnected at midnight, they confirmed I was and that was it, no attempt to get me to stay!!!! Haggle and callbacks by !!!!!!!!!!
  • Marvel1
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    No phone call and ends tomorrow night, looks it will be ringing them :(

"We'd really hate to see you go. So tell us why you!!!8217;re thinking of leaving us and we!!!8217;ll do our best to put a smile back on your face."
    http://store.virginmedia.com/special-offers/leaving.html

Yeah right!!

The only choice I got later is what new customers are paying, 50Mb for £27 for 12 months :mad: as some people posted here getting a lot more for less.

EDIT: I just did online chat, checking if I was being disconnected at midnight, they confirmed I was and that was it, no attempt to get me to stay!!!! Haggle and callbacks by !!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

I had to ring them, to check if I'm being disconnected, they confirmed yes and that was it, again and spoke to the inbound cancellation team.
  • somnus
    somnus Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    My broadband-only retention deal after my call back:

Upgrade from 100Mb to 200Mb, price increase from £22/month to £25/month but with £50 bill credit. Effective £20.83/month.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    somnus wrote: »
    My broadband-only retention deal after my call back:

Upgrade from 100Mb to 200Mb, price increase from £22/month to £25/month but with £50 bill credit. Effective £20.83/month.

Wow thats pretty impressive. We thought we did well at £23 a month for 50mb and a £20 credit which was applied on the first month of the new contract.
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Following on, just had an email of my statement from December 2017 to February 2018, my download is 903GB :eek:

Sorry to seem dim but where abouts on the email does it tell you your usage?

I can't see it on any of mine.
    Sigless
  • Marvel1
    Options
    Rev wrote: »
    Sorry to seem dim but where abouts on the email does it tell you your usage?

I can't see it on any of mine.

I had an email 9th April 2018, a value statement from December to February
    With your unlimited broadband, you've gobbled up 903GB of data! And our Fibre broadband was voted best for reliability by our customers at the 2017 Broadband Genie Awards.
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2018 at 5:22PM
    Options
    I had an email 9th April 2018, a value statement from December to February

That's strange. I don't recall ever having gotten an email like that.
    Sigless
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure