The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Agree as well. I haven't been meal planning this week as we've only been at home a few days. I usually try and take lunch at least 3 out of 4 days I work. Will be back on it next week.

I went to Tesco this morning to get some pizzas and a couple of other bits as have friends coming over this evening for food and prosecco.
  • roomontheend
    Options
    Well I've made a bit of a save today, as you know we have one of the wrinklies living with us. Although he does prefer to be called Grandad. Well it turns out that we can get a free tv licence because he's over 75. Plus I'm crossing my fingers that I can get a bit of a refund because I have paid the last six months. Either way it will save us £12 per month. So this can automatically go off the CC and bring me closer to my goal.
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • wendz86
    Options
    Hope we all had a good weekend.

I've been digging in my savings this weekend and don't get paid until next wed so i'm sure will be digging in more over the bank holiday weekend. I am glad i don't have to get myself in debt but really want to get better at spending in Sept as got things like car insurance etc coming up.
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    I spent taking pictures of mini Kavics's old things and putting them on facebook groups and the Hungarian version of gumtree. Her mini micro scooter sold straight away for 30 pounds which is not bad as I bought it for 42 nearly 5 years ago.

Some winter clothes have interests on so keeping my fingers cross they sell.
    Wendz, I hope as well that I don't need to dip into my savings, would make a huge difference.
  • wendz86
    Options
    That's good Kavics, hopefully a few more bits will sell.

I have managed to sell a few bits of Heidi's clothes and should be getting a prolific payment in next few days too. I've got a couple of flower girl dresses i'm going to list on ebay too.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is motivated! We've had a very expensive weekend as we ordered and put the deposit down on our dining room table and chairs, I bought Oscar new shoes (went to York outlet, they were 1/3rd off and then an extra 30% off) and we were out yesterday (£3.50 trampoline park plus an outfit change post nappy explosion :)) so I'm determined to get back to being frugal as I was definitely letting things slip here, there and everywhere.
  • wendz86
    Options
    Hopefully we can all stay motivated together. Shoes sounds like a good deal at least!

Trying to think what i can do this weekend which won't cost much. Got to stay in Friday as landlord is getting a new boiler put in finally. Then might go to the library sat so Poppy can finish the reading challenge. Then maybe swimming Sunday as only £5 for me (Poppy is free as she does swimming lessons and under 4's are free).
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    They were! And the money for the dining room set was left over from our moving budget, so although it was accounted for it feels like a massive chunk!

Swimming sounds like a fun and cheap day plan, I'm a big fan of anything that means a lot of exercise to try and burn off Oscar's energy these days :A

Has anyone else started thinking ahead to Christmas? I'm a bit stumped as to what to get Oscar, we do want to set up a school space for him so I'm thinking maybe getting him the more toy-looking educational bits from our school room list. But it seems a bit harsh :rotfl: Kid doesn't want for anything, and doesn't even know what's going on so I don't want to get into the habit of buying stuff for the sake of it?? Really want him to equate Christmas to family when he's older and not presents!
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yes, I am in full Xmas mood already. Determined to make the money for everyone's present by selling things. Little Kavics wants ballet shoes and new swimming goggles and I really want the Moana light up necklace for her but it's out of stock everywhere right now. I always do an advent calendar for her, it's personalized letters which I print out. Little Kavics loved it last year and the year before.

Cinny, we go swimming every weekend as it is about 5 pounds for us including parking. Trying to do one spend day and one NSD at the weekends, we shall see how it goes in the long term.
  • wendz86
    Options
    I have been thinking about Christmas. Definitely trying to cut back with the toys especially for Poppy as all she ever really plays with is her dolls and she loves doing crafty type stuff and her dancing. I might get her a tablet so her and Heidi don't fight for my i-pad.

Heidi i might get some Sylvanians as she was playing with my old ones at my Mum's and seems to really like them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure