Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Same here, first direct debit 31st Jan and nothing since. At least EON are not taking any further direct debits. I will be in credit when the final bill is calculated.

Just to confirm Gambler. Once we receive an application from another supplier to take over an account, our systems are locked down and we won't take any further payments via a Direct Debit.

If the Direct Debit is left open, we'll refund any credit balance this way. If not, we'll send it by cheque. Either way, we look to sort refunds within 10 working days of the final bill. It's just a bit quicker sending it back to a bank. Where there's a debit balance, we'll look to collect this through a Direct Debit about two weeks after our final bill. The actual date will be shown on the front page of the final bill.

Sorry to lose you Gambler and hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    The reason I doubted it is that your explanation doesn't explain how EON (and maybe a few other suppliers) were and are able to accept a meter reading, validate it and have a bill ready for me to download within an hour or two at the most. This was always the case even prior to a Smart meter being installed.

Just to clarify youravinalarrrf. It's only during a change of supplier that things can be delayed with readings being checked by a third party (Data Collector).

Each time a meter reading is received, a message is sent to the Data Collector. With a live account, this doesn't stop us using the reading to issue a bill. A specific message is used and it follows a particular path. As you've seen, bills can follow very quickly. It's different with a change of supplier. Here, the usage history for a property is checked against meter readings supplied by the gaining supplier to make sure they're in line with previous readings. This is separate from a normal reading on a live account. The messages passing between the two suppliers and Data Collectors are different and follow individual routes. This can slow down the process.

Hope this explains the difference youravinalarrrf.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope that Malc and Helena are getting some sort of Honorarium from Iresa for all their freely offered customer support.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Even though BG may know about the switch, their billing system probably doesn't (and they don't go back and amend the account once a switch is in progress). It should still be charged against the correct tariff when the final bill is raised.

My E.ON account listed my tariff as the SVR for the last couple of weeks before the switch was finalised, but the final bill made no mention of it.

So don't worry about it unless the final bill is wrong.

Before your reply I had already asked British Gas on Twitter what they thought. They have said, "I see you were on our Collective Fix February 2017 tariff, which came to an end on 28th February at which time you were moved over to our Standard tariff" I've replied telling them that my switch was initiated well before then. Can they do this??
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I hope that Malc and Helena are getting some sort of Honorarium from Iresa for all their freely offered customer support.

Always happy to help our customers Hengus, past and present. :)

Malc
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Before your reply I had already asked British Gas on Twitter what they thought. They have said, "I see you were on our Collective Fix February 2017 tariff, which came to an end on 28th February at which time you were moved over to our Standard tariff" I've replied telling them that my switch was initiated well before then. Can they do this??
    I got a reply from British Gas:-
    "Your tariff was always due to end on 28th February and although you can switch 45 days before it's due to end and avoid any cancellation charge, your switch wouldn't extend the duration of your tariff. I think you might be mixing this up with the situation when a company has announced a price increase as once you've told your supplier you want to switch, you'd still be billed on the old rates until the switch is completed"

Make sense? If it's right then I'm happy with that. Just don't want BG pulling a fast one :-)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Your tariff was always due to end on 28th February and although you can switch 45 days before it's due to end and avoid any cancellation charge, your switch wouldn't extend the duration of your tariff. I think you might be mixing this up with the situation when a company has announced a price increase as once you've told your supplier you want to switch, you'd still be billed on the old rates until the switch is completed"

Make sense? If it's right then I'm happy with that. Just don't want BG pulling a fast one :-)

I am not sure that it makes any sense. Refer them to Supply Licence Conditions 24.9 to 24.12: Continuation of Fixed Term Supply Contract terms for interim period
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 March 2017 at 5:22PM
    Options

I only have direct experience of E.ON, and they promise to keep you on your tariff until the switch date, provided they are informed within 20 days of the tariff ending. I understood from other posts in other threads that BG had a similar policy, [STRIKE]although a skim of their T&C's suggests they don't :
    https://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/gas-and-electricity/our-energy-tariffs/standard/terms.html#content7
    It depends if you consider being moved to the SVR at the end of a fixed tariff as 'raising your prices'[/STRIKE]

EDIT: Should have known Hengus would bring the live Ammo
    Link to the OFGEM terms themselves if you want a read
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I am not sure that it makes any sense. Refer them to Supply Licence Conditions 24.9 to 24.12: Continuation of Fixed Term Supply Contract terms for interim period
    Cheers - I've thrown that back at them :D
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Options
    Hello brewerdave and don't want to cause alarm but you shouldn't be able to enter meter readings online with us. With a change of supplier, most of our online services are locked down when we receive an application to switch. This is certainly the case with readings. Might be an idea to check.

Malc

As stated my gas account has effectively gone ( and no meter readings shown at all) HOWEVER my electricity account with EON still appears to be live even tho' Iresa told me the take over date was last week. Email sent to Iresa in hope!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure