Credit report

Options
I recently checked my credit score with noddle. It was very poor. It looks from what I can see that there is two unpaid phone bills on my report. Would this be enough to leave me with such a poor score?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ignore your score.

Paying the bills will make you look much more attractive to lenders.
  • Claireinnes89
    Options
    I've paid all my bills including a car, credit card, over draft. Yet I can't even get a student account because of my score! And all I can see being the problem is the phone bill. Can there be anything else causing the problem?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's not the score stopping you getting anything. You don't have a score. It's your credit history.

Are you saying you've paid these bills but they're showing as in arrears/defaulted?
  • Claireinnes89
    Options
    They are all showing as being paid off. The only default is with EE the phone company. I've tried paying them off but EE said they do not have the account and gave me the debt collector details. When I called them they said they don't have the account it got sent back to EE! So it seems impossible to pay it yet it's stopping me from getting credit.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've paid all my bills including a car, credit card, over draft.

Did you pay them on time?
    Yet I can't even get a student account because of my score!

It's not your score.....companies are not told your score, they create their own score.
    And all I can see being the problem is the phone bill.

What happened with the phone bill? Was it late/overdue?
    Can there be anything else causing the problem?

There can be a number of things. Are you on the ER? If you applying for a student account are you young? or a mature student? if you are the former then you will not have a great deal of history they can use with your application.

How long have you had any other accounts?
    Have you only applied to your own bank?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've paid all my bills including a car, credit card, over draft.
    The only default is with EE the phone company. So it seems impossible to pay it yet it's stopping me from getting credit.

You already have car finance, credit card and overdraft.
    You also have a default.

It may be they think you already have enough credit.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Claireinnes89
    Options
    All my other accounts have been paid on time and all say settled on my report. The phone bill I just totally cancelled I had a disagreement with them. So that is a debt I need to pay or £189 but I can't seem to pay it.
    What is ER? I am 26 so classed as mature student I live in rented property and have a joint account with my partner who is on a good salary so I thought I would get an account no problem.
    I have only tried with my own bank I don't want to keep trying incase that looks bad against my report like I'm desperate for credit.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ER = Electoral roll.
  • Claireinnes89
    Options
    They can't think that I already have enough credit I don't have any at the moment My car is paid off. My over draft is paid off and cancelled and my credit card was also paid off and cancelled.
  • Claireinnes89
    Options
    Yes I am on the electoral roll
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills