Discuss the Vodafone Warning guide

123457»

Comments

• I'm tearing my hair out with Vodafone, since August 2015 until now they have consistently refused to send me my final bill. I have taken them to the Ombudsman who told them to do x, y & z with my bill but if I don't actually see my final bill with all the charges detailed, how on earth am I supposed to know (or the Ombudsman) if they have complied or if the charges have been calculated correctly. They refuse to send the bill but also refuse to say in writing that they will not send it, they just quote a bunch of figures on emails. 26 months after I first wrote to cancel, I still have no final bill, lies on my credit file and Vodafone will not engage and just answer the questions as to why they won't just send the bill and end this nightmare. I want to take them to court for falsely saying I owe them money, you surely cannot enforce a bill you refuse to send for 26 months. Please help me.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    karyn-ann wrote: »
    I'm tearing my hair out with Vodafone, since August 2015 until now they have consistently refused to send me my final bill. I have taken them to the Ombudsman who told them to do x, y & z with my bill but if I don't actually see my final bill with all the charges detailed, how on earth am I supposed to know (or the Ombudsman) if they have complied or if the charges have been calculated correctly. They refuse to send the bill but also refuse to say in writing that they will not send it, they just quote a bunch of figures on emails. 26 months after I first wrote to cancel, I still have no final bill, lies on my credit file and Vodafone will not engage and just answer the questions as to why they won't just send the bill and end this nightmare. I want to take them to court for falsely saying I owe them money, you surely cannot enforce a bill you refuse to send for 26 months. Please help me.

You need to be posting in the Voda complaints thread right at the top of the page rather than this one from a year ago.

Read the info on page one of that thread and follow it.
  • I was totally unaware of the meltdown at Vodafone until I read the MSE warning this morning. Now I have tried yet again to get information on my billing on the Vodafone website and yet again the box pops up to say "sorry, we can't give you that information, try again later" or some such. This has been going on for months. My bills are always more than I expect and yet I have no way of finding out my usage or how my bills have been calculated cos of course they don't send paper bills any more.

I phoned Vodafone and the man on the end of the phone is always very pleasant. He even admitted he couldn't get any of my billing information. He said some nonsense about having to "re-set" my account. God knows what that means. He did it anyway and promised I could see my bills, but still no. He then sent the last 13 months' bills to me by individual emails. He said he couldn't go back any further than 13 months. Surely they have all my billing history on file? Anyway, every single bill showed a zero charge and absolutely no usage information, even though they have of course charged me every month since I have been with them which is about 15 years now.

I am so annoyed because I have no information to see if I have been wrongly billed to therefore make a proper complaint. I have made a complaint via Resolver about the lack of information anyway but it seems from this forum that that will take months to be resolved. I have also made a formal complaint to Vodafone direct, but ditto.

I will definitely be leaving Vodafone as soon as I can. Whether I ever get any information (or repayments due) out of them remains to be seen.

Plus - Vodafone don't pay their taxes in the UK so I hate them even more. Awful, shameful company. Avoid.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Nothing new in that. I couldn't log onto my last contracts two years and more ago - throughout. If you read the experiences on here you'd stop phoning and follow the endlessly repeated advice on the main Vodafone Complaints thread.
  • Hi All,

I am hoping someone can advise what my rights are regarding a Vodafone 12 month SIM-only contract taken via the online mobiles.co.uk (Carphone Warehouse).

I signed up to one of the 12-month cashback deals, highlighted in one of the MSE emails, on 13 Sep 2018 at £20/month plus cashback.

I received the invoice from mobiles.co.uk on the 15th - no details of plan.
    The account details and sim card from Vodafone on the 17th, with an incorrect direct debit amount shown.
    The Direct Debit notification on the 19th Sep, dated the 14th.

The incorrect DD amount was withdrawn from my account on the 26th Sep, unfortnately I was out of the country for this week, so couldn't raise the issue earlier.

Vodafone are now claiming that the charged amount is correct, but cannot provide any proof, and claiming that I will not get a refund from them.

Mobiles.co.uk are saying that the billing is nothing to do with them and just pass me through to Vodafone and repeat ad nauseaum...

Not really sure where to go with this one. I can't cancel the contract with mobiles.co.uk as I am outside of their 14-day cancellation period. I am still within the Vodafone cancellation period of 30 days and have notified them that I want to cancel - they won't as I have taken the contract via mobiles.co.uk.

Two questions, do I have any rights to cancel outside of the 14 day cooling off period (faulty goods / mis-sold contract, etc...) and, if I can't cancel, who is actually responsible for refunding the incorrectly taken DD?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Ash
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    If you followed the groundrules you'd have copied the terms of the deal at the point of sale. Then you can enforce it against the dealer. With proof you can always make CPW comply; without that it's your word against theirs. Coincidentally I got my first sim only contract cashback deal in several years from Mobiles.co about two weeks ago (used to order scores of them from CPW dealers). Vodafone billed for £25 when I agreed to £20. One call to Vodafone and they credited £5 (apparently there should havd been a £5 discount at their end). Naturally I've checked and it's been applied. Had that not happened I would have taken my usual legal steps against CPW (not Vodafone - though I have used their WRT many tmes to sort out all sorts of problems at their end)..

I also assume you mean "less" cashback, not "plus".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure