The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd do the EF first then the OD. Both are doable over the next few months and did you ever think you'd have a four figure savings pot? If you Declutter to the bay, an income could be split between the two so there's still some progress on each front.

No I never thought I would get anywhere near a four figure savings pot INOD. It's a bit sad to be honest but I keep logging into my credit union account to see the balance. I have found out today I can have money transferred directly from my wages as my employer is one listed that do this. I think I may set this up when I get back to work.
    I'd add the savings to your EF as it seems to make you less stressed (I am the same, don't like when I have no savings).

Up until recently I had no savings cleamydebts. I'm so excited to now have some. I have added some more to my EF.:j
    Hi, I've caught up (again :) ) with your diary and am in awe. I need to take a leaf out of your book and get decluttering and working on the house and garden.

Please keep posting - you are motivating me!

Good luck with the jeans shopping. A few weeks ago I bought some really nice ones in a charity shop so it can happen. The trawling round and trying on is work but the pay-off of new jeans is worth it.

As to paying off OD vs reaching your EF target (wow!)... my personal choice would be the OD if you are being charged for it, but I think for you the real motivator is the EF, so that might be the one to aim for. Whichever you chose, you are a whisker away from achievement. :T:T:T

I read so many diaries to keep motivated. I don't think I would have achieved anywhere near what I have without them.

I'm only charged a few pounds a month for my overdraft Cherry so it's not urgent but I would like it gone ASAP. I'm going to try to get rid of it next month if I can then start on the next debt after that.

I used to get my jeans from the charity shop but I don't live in a particularly affluent area so the pickings aren't great. I need to get my bum I to gear and get some more clothes made really. I think I will go and have a mooch though.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Hope the jeans search goes ok today!

I chickened out.:o I find shopping so difficult. I will do it though or I will have to go back to work in my pants. :eek:

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know what you mean- absolutely hate jeans shopping. Must have tried 12 pairs on before I found some. Luckily I had vouchers so could buy three pairs so hopefully sorted for another few years.

They are all skinny (yuck) which give me the dreaded carrot legs even if I can squeeze my chunky legs in. Ended up with M&S high elastic straight legs (stretch and support or something) which I really like.

Most of the catalogue places have sales on - could you order some of their cheap ones to try? Collect plus/free returns usually means no postage charges and you might get lucky that way without having to go out.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Skinny jeans :eek:. I accidentally tried on a pair of jeggings once. Good grief what an absolutely hideous piece of clothing it was. Not quite as bad as the flesh coloured M & S figure control slip which made me look like a whichetty (sp) grub so much that I sat down (well as much as I could as I could barely bend) and cry.

A day of a bit of sewing, soft play with DS :eek: and various housework, decluttering and tarting of things up (not me, the house). ;)

Hopefully I will come home later to a £100000 cheque in the post ;):rotfl:.

Have a nice day all.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe steer clear of the misery-causing skinnies, then :). I learned something when shopping for The Dress (the one I had to get into for DS's wedding). I really don't do 'mother of the bride/groom' traditional style so I sat down and thought what would work for me, for the occasion, for the weather.
    For me: floaty not fitted.
    For the occasion: I wanted something that would tone in with the bridesmaids not clash, and allowed myself, in view of the occasion, much more to spend than I would normally do - if I need or want to sell it at some point I would still get the price of a nice dress back.
    For the weather: it was abroad and hot so I had to go for lightweight.
    I then looked for something in a suitable colour that fitted my description, rather than something everybody else would approve of but which I wouldn't be comfortable in. When I found it, I pounced. :D

I don't know if you can apply this to your jeans search? Does it have to be jeans? Do you prefer formal trousers, combats, skirts etc.? What have you had in the past that you liked? What will you be wearing them for? If you can narrow the field and go looking for that 'perfect' item, it would save a lot of horrible wading through things that make you unhappy.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Your grub analogy made me laugh, absolutely know what you mean. I had one of those control type tops from H&B ages ago, it just squeezes the bulges out of my armpits and then rode up during the day so I ended up with lower tummy bulge too. V attractive.

Really liking the cleaning book, and it is helping me to do stuff
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Maybe steer clear of the misery-causing skinnies, then :). I learned something when shopping for The Dress (the one I had to get into for DS's wedding). I really don't do 'mother of the bride/groom' traditional style so I sat down and thought what would work for me, for the occasion, for the weather.
    For me: floaty not fitted.
    For the occasion: I wanted something that would tone in with the bridesmaids not clash, and allowed myself, in view of the occasion, much more to spend than I would normally do - if I need or want to sell it at some point I would still get the price of a nice dress back.
    For the weather: it was abroad and hot so I had to go for lightweight.
    I then looked for something in a suitable colour that fitted my description, rather than something everybody else would approve of but which I wouldn't be comfortable in. When I found it, I pounced. :D

I don't know if you can apply this to your jeans search? Does it have to be jeans? Do you prefer formal trousers, combats, skirts etc.? What have you had in the past that you liked? What will you be wearing them for? If you can narrow the field and go looking for that 'perfect' item, it would save a lot of horrible wading through things that make you unhappy.

I know what you mean Cherry. I'm fond of dresses but they aren't always practical at work. I think I will have a look tomorrow. Actually I used to buy loads from charity shops and dye them to make them funkier. I forgot about that........perhaps an idea.
    Your grub analogy made me laugh, absolutely know what you mean. I had one of those control type tops from H&B ages ago, it just squeezes the bulges out of my armpits and then rode up during the day so I ended up with lower tummy bulge too. V attractive.

Really liking the cleaning book, and it is helping me to do stuff

:rotfl: shape wear is not good :rotfl:

I need to read that book again. It relates so much to me rather than Miss Perfect Kondo which just riles me up for some reason.

What a filthy morning. Autumn is definately having a practise today. Oh well, no pegging out of washing again. :mad: I feel the need to make big strides today in the house including finish stripping down the TV cabinet and rehanging the washed curtains. A day of doing as much as possible, spending little or no money and making thing neat, clean, cozy and presentable as possible. I wonder what supplies are stashed in the cellar.

I also need to complete the PPI paperwork for my first mortgage. I was sold so many insurances looking back on it (stupid of me I know) that it's worth a try.

Before that a cup of tea and unload the washer. I think it may be a few hours of heating to help to dry them.

Have a good day all. P x

• redofromstart
    Options
    I thought Kondo was just barking mad. Dye and dresses sounds good.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    ooh, how did the 'cellar shopping' go? I love looking through the things I have stashed away over the years. Rumour has it there is an unplumbed bath at the back of our en suite to be....£40 in a homebase clearance sale from memory, but haven't seen it for at least five years since the space became a junk room.
  • parsniphead
    edited 10 August 2017 at 9:37AM
    Options
    The cellar shopping was good Redo. I have so much stuff it's ridiculous and I wonder how I got into debt. Whatever it's useful stuff and if I use it now it will start to sort the house and declutter the cellar at the same time.:D I dont have a bath tucked away though, that's brilliant.:rotfl:.

I had a sleepless night last night as I was in so much pain. I have a curvature of the spine and joint problems which hurt all the time but they will not stop me, they keep me awake, but they won't beat me. Anyway I started to watch some stuff on YouTube and found an old program called Skint. It was on a few years ago and focussed around Birmingham and Bristol. I remember seeing some of it when I was at my lowest with debt and it just went over my head. I had a sort of we all have these problems attitude. Last night though it scared me witless. It was compulsive viewing but made me realise how urgent it was to get these debts from around my neck. Life can be so precarious and fragile so every opportunity needs to be taken to protect myself and my family. Debt needs to go, mortgage needs to be paid off and saving need to be saved.

This is not alright. Living in poverty or on the edges of it is not alright, for me, my family or anyone. I felt so desperately sad for anyone in this situation as well as scared.

We need to bomb proof ourselves. I have been here too long. I should have been out of debt years ago. I could have potentially paid off a big chunk of mortgage too and had savings. HOW BL00DY STUPID AM I!

Today I'm angry with me, angry with debt and will kick its @rse.

Please, please, please everyone sort out the debt. We all deserve better than this. I wish I could do something to help attack this issues in society but I can't.

I think I've watched too much D@ve Ramsey.

Today I will take very step I can go protect myself and loved ones.:mad:

No more late night youtube for me though.:o

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure