The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• supersaver1000
    Options
    Just been catching up Parsniphead and I'm so sorry to hear you are poorly. Sending hugs and best wishes xx
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks both for your messages.

I've been meaning to come on but have been struggling with motivation to be honest.

I've had my fourth round of chemo and feel like poo at the moment BUT it's working. I had an appointment with the oncologist the week before last and it's going well. All the cancer cells on the bowl lining have gone, the ascitic fluid in the abdomen has gone, the fluid on the lung is under control and the ovarian tumours have shrunk. I have another round of chemo booked unless the surgery comes along first. Very worried about that but it has to be done.

One thing I'm struggling with is no sensation in my fingers so I can't do much and keep droping everything. Ive decluttered a few crocks.

I will be back but struggling to type.

Thanks to you all. Xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Good to hear from you, glad the chemo is working.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,180 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad the chemo is working. Sorry to hear about your hands - my dad also found his were quite painful so gloves can help.
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    I'm glad you're keeping on - chemo is horrible stuff but it is effective. Would fingerless mittens help with the frozen hands? If so drop me a pm - I have some nice patterns, a metric tonne of yarn and a long commute ��
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's lovely to hear from you Parsnip :). I'm sorry the chemo is so awful (I know how gruelling it is) but I'm so glad it's working :T.

Post when you feel able to. I was wondering how you were getting on.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    The chemo sounds horrible but it is working and that is brilliant. Keeping my fingers crossed for more success.
    So good to see your post.
    Sending positive vibes ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I can add nothing to what’s already been said but sending you more good wishes. Take care
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's good to hear from you, and it really sounds as though you are making good progress. Thanks for coming to update us, especially as it's so hard for you.

You can tell people are thinking of you as you've already had a fair few replies! We will be cheering you on through the chemo and surgery. I guess surgery must vary but having had quite a big operation a few months ago I am very impressed with the results: surgeons are highly skilled people with loads of experience and take a pride in their work. I hope that's a little bit of comfort as you wait for yours.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you, Parsniphead. I was just thinking about you the other day. So glad the treatment is going well. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure