The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess as an introverted person I have never really lived life to the full

Sorry to hear things are a challenge at the moment parsnip. Its great that you have been thinking things through and working on ways to feel better about things.

Sorry to only quote part of your post but this sentence really called out to me today, I have just got back from a hen weekend and gave a couple of ladies a lift home and while driving we were discussing life and dreams/aspirations and one of the ladies who is 58 or 59 actually said that she had never had dreams or goals and what was the point as you could rarely achieve them. I got a lump in my throat when she said that as over the weekend she had also mentioned that her marriage was not good and that she hates her job working minimum wage and it made me realise that some people do just literally trudge through life with nothing to look forward to and that makes me sad.

I tried to encourage her by giving her examples of dreams and how they could be achieved in a way that would give you a sense of accomplishment still.
    I hope she can change her mindset a little bit and start dreaming otherwise in a few years she will retire and still be living this life which doesnt make her happy.

Good luck with everything Parsnip:kiss:
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs to you Parsniphead. I think you had what I call 'a dark night of the soul' You have emerged stronger and more focused so it isn't a bad thing.

I find inspiration from your honesty. I also think the way you turn your hand to things in the home is admirable.

I have learnt so much from your posts.

Take care
    DIA x

Thank you DIA. I had to say 'dark night of the soul' made me smile, especially being an old goth.:)

I have been in a low place lately and I guess it needed to come out. I'm not usually one for showing my feelings.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    All any of us have is today, parsnip... we have memories and dreams but anything you can do to make each day a little better will help enormously in the long term.

It sounds as though you are going through a really difficult spell at the moment. Hopefully the tide is about to turn on that. Keep posting: we really like to hear from you!

Having teenagers around with everything ahead of them is a very challenging time - I would have run off to Uni to join them given half a chance! Don't underestimate all the things you've learned since you were a teenager, though, or the life experiences you've had. It IS a time of great change and it can be hard to see it happening but there is life on the other side. :)

Hope you and your DH can find a positive and achievable way forward xx

Thank you cherry.

It has been a difficult time but I think the worst is over. Fingers crossed anyway.

As much as I'm a bit jealous of the teens I wouldn't want to be one these days. If I could go back to the 80's/ early 90's would be fun though. Especially with hindsight.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Sometimes you need to hit a really bad patch to spur yourself onto making the necessary changes. You can do this and, if you have doubts, take a look back here and get comfort from all you have done.

Thanks INOD

Exactly. Sometimes its hard to see though isn't it.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Sorry to hear things are a challenge at the moment parsnip. Its great that you have been thinking things through and working on ways to feel better about things.

Sorry to only quote part of your post but this sentence really called out to me today, I have just got back from a hen weekend and gave a couple of ladies a lift home and while driving we were discussing life and dreams/aspirations and one of the ladies who is 58 or 59 actually said that she had never had dreams or goals and what was the point as you could rarely achieve them. I got a lump in my throat when she said that as over the weekend she had also mentioned that her marriage was not good and that she hates her job working minimum wage and it made me realise that some people do just literally trudge through life with nothing to look forward to and that makes me sad.

I tried to encourage her by giving her examples of dreams and how they could be achieved in a way that would give you a sense of accomplishment still.
    I hope she can change her mindset a little bit and start dreaming otherwise in a few years she will retire and still be living this life which doesnt make her happy.

Good luck with everything Parsnip:kiss:[/QUOT

Thanks EagerElephant

That's so sad for that lady. Even though I've struggled lately and do trude through life I still do have dreams. I just struggle to achieve them. I hope your lady finds a way.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Its been a funny old weekend but a bit more normal. DS has another bad cold which is frustrating but he is slowly recovering.

I decided yesterday to achieve something. Anyway I finally tidied DS bedroom, it was disgusting. I put away washing, tidied my room and cleared the stairs. It all took ages and I felt wiped out meaning I had to sit/lie down every now and then for five minutes but I did it. I was a little boost.

Today had been work so I'm just going to potter tonight. Tomorrow night and Wednesday I'm going to finally sort out the front room so I can contact the roofer for the bay.

This weekend I need to sort a new basin for the bathroom. Mines been cracked for four years. I can plumb it in myself so the cost will be kept down.

Did I mention I had to mend the stop !!!! tap last week. The repairs go on and on. Thank goodness for youtube.

Small achievements but improving my mood.

Will be back.x

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You sound a bit more positive - no wonder as you seem to have achieved a huge amount yesterday. I am in awe of someone who can do plumbing. We overtightened olives so often in trying to do small repairs that we gave in and decided to leave it to the professionals, some of whom we were getting to know quite well as we had to call them out to fix our errors!

I see the editor has been at it again with that !!!! when you mention the thing that closes off the water supply. I had the same when I tried to write about a famous Lord Mayor of London who had a cat. :rotfl: Very zealous, this MSE editor :D

Please keep posting your achievements, however small they may seem to you. They nudge me in the direction of decluttering my own house instead of just falling asleep.
    As much as I'm a bit jealous of the teens I wouldn't want to be one these days. If I could go back to the 80's/ early 90's would be fun though. Especially with hindsight.

Hold on, I'm coming with you!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Glad to have you back posting more regularly! And, don't beat yourself up so much, you deserve much better Mrs Plumber!
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Go you Mrs diy xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Plumbing in your own basin???
    Go Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills