The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,095 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Your decluttering efforts nudged me in the direction of my own yesterday. I found a couple of presents I had bought for my sister and her husband - they are now in a bag waiting to go to them next week rather than hanging round my bedroom till I either have a last minute search while they are in the UK or a last minute search when someone is going to visit them (they live abroad and post isn't reliable).

I identified a couple of tops I don't want any more so they can go. I found some interesting papers I'd brought from Mum's house and had a read - still to decide on storage because some of these are real 'keepers', likes Mum's diary from 1953 when she had met a young French man who seems to have taken her fancy. I had heard of him before but now he has a name and an office :D.

My room isn't exactly decluttered yet but there's progress. How's your house coming on? I have a heap of ironing and some work stuff to attend to today and am wondering whether we are doing similar things... or are you out in the garden as the sun has come out?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow cherry. I love old diary's. I have my grandmothers which had some interesting, cryptic clues to hers and my grandads romance. They were very soppy and lovey dovey and the clues lead to my Aunt being on the way before wedding bells. Saucy pair.;):rotfl:

I've continued with the decluttering and repairs. I even cleared the drains last Wednesday and scrubbed the path. I need to replace the pipe leading from the kitchen sink to outside before I kill myself slipping on a greasy path.

Today has been so nice I have got the washing up to date and dried outside. :j I love line dried washing. I have even declutterd some stuff, done an alteration and picked up two more.

I feel that life is starting to move on a little. I definitely feel that pushing myself is helping.

Mother three days work then two weeks off.:j Roll on.

Have a good week all. Xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like you are on a roll Parsniphead. I think you are right. When I push myself I get more achieved but I have to be careful as pushing myself too hard generally leads to a complete meltdown. So I do push but try (don't always succeed) not to push myself too hard.

It's great that you will soon have a good long break :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    It sounds as though you are doing wonderfully! Yes, please get the slippery path sorted if you can - having come a cropper on similar just before Christmas I can vouch for it being potentially nasty. How I managed to avoid breaking a rib is a wonder. I'm still impressed with you being able to do plumbing. :)
    Wow cherry. I love old diary's. I have my grandmothers which had some interesting, cryptic clues to hers and my grandads romance. They were very soppy and lovey dovey and the clues lead to my Aunt being on the way before wedding bells. Saucy pair.;):rotfl:

Treasure! Reading Mum's diary has helped me add a few entries to my own - nothing like as interesting as your grandmother's! :rotfl:

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How is your Easter going? Hope all is well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I'm fine thanks DIA. Just in a ditzy dolly daydream mode with my head stuck in books at every opportunity.:o I've also been looking at finances after realising I have become far too comfortable and flippant. I need to find that sick terror again to start moving forward again.

Sick of the sight of chocolate eggs and I don't celebrate Easter. Craving a nice salad.:eek: DS is going to be pure chocolate by Sunday afternoon.

I hope you are all doing well. Happy Easter to those who do.

Xxx

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Treat yourself to that salad, parsnip! It's part of taking care of yourself. Hope you can find some motivation without the terror, that's not good for you. :)

P.S. Let me know what goes in the salad... I need some inspiration! I used to make them all the time but nowadays it's oats or oats instead.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you redo and cherry.

Its been a very funny (not ha ha) few months and its far from over. Today I decided to spend time catching up on diaries on here. Its something which always makes me feel so much more positive.

Much more time has been spent today facing up to real life and not skiving off elsewhere, to a place I can't go to without a time machine.:o

Once DS is asleep tonight I'm going to do some in depth planning and try to find some more focus again. Time to start acting like an adult.

Yesterday DH and I had a conversation about the house and jobs which need doing. It was initiated by him which was a surprise as he is generally a 'oh its OK' sort of person. I'm really lucky to have him and feel guilty about recent thoughts about the marriage and our future. That's another story though.

I guess as an introverted person I have never really lived life to the full and being around teenagers all day with there futures ahead of them has been knowing at me recently. Oh for that time machine.

Anyway what do I do. Spend the rest of my life pondering a past which can't be changed or make the bl00dy best of the moments I have left. Its a no brainer really isn't it?

Challenges ahead

My health and fitness - very poor at the moment
    The house - decluttering, refurb and redecoration needed
    Me - needs doing up too.
    Debt - needs to go asap
    Mortgage - after the debt the mortgage has it coming
    Time - I need to find time to just be me
    Business - keep plodding and increasing income
    Job - keep going to keep the money coming it and see what comes up.

Oh and I need to get back to the MSE posting habit to keep me focussed. I will do this each morning where possible.

Right my tablet is about to die. Night all and thank you xxx

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom in order to bounce back up a bit Parsnip. I get times when I feel utter despair at how different my life is to how I want it to be, but usually a low mood like this is followed by a new determination to kick a$$ and get things moving. What goes down must come up.

You sound as if your low mood has turned into a more positive action orientated mood. We all have regrets about the past, but while we're still on this earth we can engineer a better future and there's no time like the present to get started :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I get what you mean about needing the terror. I've been finding excuses to let things tick over. Need to get motoring!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I've decided to make an effort and get on top of this money thing again. I've been reading a few threads and can now see that I've really become comfortable letting things tick over, as INOD said.

Tomorrow I'm going to inventory the food and see what I have. I may make biscuits with the small person.

Fingers crossed I can find my mojo again.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure