Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Aww thank you everyone for being supportive. This month the credit card is going to be steady whilst the other debts are reduced. Its 9 days till pay day. I can do this. Its not a disaster, im just low on work clothes and this does need some attention. No holiday till september and have needed to.throw out some clothes, out of all the areas of my life family time and work clothes are things that I cant scrimp on. I am going to be better next month. In 6 weeks the loan goes below £2000 mark and I can not wait to see this.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Hi PSL.

I've just sat and read your diary so far, well done for keeping out of the overdraft and for having most of your debt on 0%, its great that you're tackling the overdraft and high interest CC first.

Progress is progress, no matter how slow or different your journey may be to others, you've had some great advice and I love how you're so honest in your posts.

I've subscribed to your diary so going to follow your journey.

MrsT.
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

I got some bits from the next sale too...they way I see it thought is if it's things I'm going to need to buy anyway if I can get next bits in the sale they will last a lot longer than cheap clothes so really it's a good move. Do don't feel bad. It'll save money in the long run.

Hope you have a good Monday x
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I feel like my diary is a bit of a tale of failure so far. It always feels like something needs doing. I need to replace my handbag and saw one this week that is perfect. Its £80 but honestly I feel like I need it. My handbag now is so tatty. I got it when I got this job 5 years ago. Im going to buy it when I get paid and then love it and keep it for another 5 years.
    I have balance transferred some of my hsbc credit card to mbna, but it will get high internet if I don't pay it off before july, but it makes hsbc cc more manageable and more likely to pay off. Then will be down to 3 Plus loan.

This heat is a major pain. When you have to go to work it must makes everything difficult and stressful. Almost an nsd today but I got the tube instead of walking, but it was either that or battle this 34 degree heat and I just couldn't face it. It was on oyster so kind of an nsd!

Think this is going to be a long week..

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • MyLastFiver
    MyLastFiver Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, I haven't read your whole thing but I notice you've kept out of your overdraft this month. Congratulations! I think of it as turning the ship away from the iceberg a little bit at a time :-)
    My Debt Free Diary I owe:
    July 16 £19700 Nov 16 £18002
    Aug 16 £19519 Dec 16 £17708
    Sep 16 £18780 Jan 17 £17082
    Oct 16 £17873
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What kind of handbag is it?

I bought myself a few wee Harris Tweed bits over the last few months but bought them all on the sale, its an investment really.

Won't need a new bag for years like you say.

Have you have a wee browse to see if you can get a better deal online?

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thanks everyone for dropping in and being kind. I saw the bag in tk max so im not sure it will be less but I will have a good look, its a black work handbag but its quite classy and grown up (of which I am sadly neither).
    I've got £2 left in the bank account and about £50 in my purse. Nsd on actual money out but I did get tube again. Its far too hot. Need to go tesco tommorow or thur. Going to have a stern word with myself on payday to try and spend as little as possible. Nothing social in my calender till 5th august. It feel amazing to have no plans, im hoping nobody invites me to anything just right at the moment.
    The things on my to buy list might have to wait till september. Although i do need to book a hair appointment, roots getting quite dominant.
    I've decided to pay all minimal amounts and try and reduce hsbc cc by £100 a month. In the past this has only ever gone one way apart from balance transfers but I should be able to give it a good go. When its paid off I am going to close it.
    I would like to get a new job next year but my industry is all finance so most companies will credit check you so I want to have loan and hsbc cc paid off and the sains with a low amount, so hopefully this will mean I pass the credit check, at the moment i think this would prevent me from getting anywhere. I have noddle and I think it was a middle score so I need this to improve. 2 credit cards is mich better than 4 plus loan plus overdraft. Im a bit anxious about having multiple sources of credit so closing down the accounts is a big deal to me. Sorry this is very boring. But I have felt a lot more stressed about money today than most days. Some days its not on your mind at all and other days its all you can think about. Today was hard and stressful, I need to see an improvement in the numbers soon. These are the hardest months. Improvements from november onwards.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Today was hard. Its 6 days until payday, im looking at it as 4 plus 2. Spent tube journey and salad and fruit at £3.50. Balance transfer has gone through on my credit card with interest. Its now £1880. I am going to round it down to about £1400 on pay day but at the moment im using it to buy train ticket then planning to pay off this part on pay day so that's why such a big payment to go through the end of month but its only really temporary. This is the first month in a long time the overdraft is not in use so im kind of learning how this will work. Its such hard work being in debt, I am going to learn from this. The thing I find hardest and am most cross about is the loan. At £153 a month its eye watering. When I have paid this off I will feel so emotional. Its taken up so much of my energy and I've spent so long being anxious about it. I feel like it truly owns me. Never again.
    Minimal spend today, chicken nuggets and oven chips for tea, tommorow sausages and oven chips then Friday curry portion. Studying going well, meeting friend for coffee saturday then a full study weekend. Then just monday and Tuesday to do before payday wednesday. Good luck and well wishes to all debt diarists (and readers not yet converted). xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi PSL, don't envy you being in London with the heat over the past few days!

If it's just your roots that need doing, Mum used one of the root touch up products recently, she was thrilled with the results & it certainly helped her last the few weeks before her salon appointment.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    London is so disgusting right now. And all the people at work keep wanting to go out, I just want to go home and put my pajamas on. Its way too much so hot and sticky.and tourists everywhere
    I keep seeing adverts for home dye, but.im so rubbish at all of that sort of.girly thing, im worried ill turn my hair green or it will fall out. I booked hair appointment beginning of September, really hope my hair can hold till then. Its going to have to whatever but I hope it looks ok and I don't look like I am poor.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills