Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I like hugo boss and stella mcartney. I know a lot of people like signature scents but I love a mix. I will try and hang on but might have to splurge before payday. Trying to be good. Its pay day in 4 weeks and yes hannah I have it in my sights! Its hard not to.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Pressed send too soon. Spent £14 on dinner. No plans for weekend except studying which feels amazing. And also lidl. Very tired. Early night tonight I think. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Spent £15 in lidl yesterday. Trying to study but its not going well. Stress levels very high. And flat is a mess. I think I am a bit of a walking disaster at the moment. Might have to go to lidl again, I couldn't carry anymore yesterday, I could manage with what I have in but would like some crisps and nibbles. Quite addicted to the chocolate cornflake things as well. This will be a long week at work, its extremely busy and I feel guilty leaving at 5. Its another being-single-thing, people know you're going home to empty flat and expect you to stay in work. But I cant stay in work all night- life is too short! When I have my exams and have something more enjoyable I might feel differently but right now exams are my focus. Im thinking long term about doing degree part time but only once I am debt free. But its a long way off yet. Small steps right now. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning PSL,

How about a quick tidy up and a shower and a coffee and you might feel back on track.

Your doing really well with changing your whole way of life don't feel to hard on your self. I'm glad you have your studying to focus on or I thinking would be 10x harder keeping yourself occupied cheaply.

It's not just to couple of hundreds your paying off debt a month you've stopped spending it's also the couple of hundreds you were probably adding to your debt each month. If you was anything like me anyway. It'll get easier I promise. Xxx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I hear you hannah! I stopped veging on the sofa, went to lidl. Spent too much, its my friends birthday next week so got prosecco and some vegetables for the week and nibbles. But will be eaten. Brings actual food shop to £55 for 2 weeks. Not fantastic. But as you say its progress in not being out drinking too much or buying things i wont touch. I think I have been adding to my debt forever. Until now. Cant wait to cut up my 4th credit card. This is my motivation right now. Its not too far off in the future and it will happen. When I have my exam done next month im going to work hard to keep in line and not go off the rails although I am going to celebrate a little bit if I pass. Just need to crack on and get there. Xxxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey PSL,

55.00 for 2 weeks isn't that bad when you think you had to buy extra for birthday goodies in there too.

We can have a cutting up the CC ceremony!

Dxxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey PSL. Just a quick hello from me. Hope you are well. Ramble xx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Not much to report today. Nsd, but as its a new month I have put my train ticket on credit card to be paid off on payday, thats travel done to 7th sept exc tube. Cooking lunch for rest of week, took lunch in today and no lunch plans in the diary.so far. Studying not going fantasticly at the moment but I am hopeful. I do feel positive about the new month. Dolly I do need to confess the food shop of £55 does not include alcohol at £15. So a total of £70 over 2 weeks/2 saturdays. A lot of that has gone into the cupboard and not yet eaten so I should in theory only need to buy meat and fresh foods for rest of month. will see how I get on. At my mums wednesday for dinner so possibility of nsds to saturday.
    Saturday is top up shop, going to my mums house and takeaway for my friends birthday and possible drink out. There's a bit going on with him so he may cancel depending on how the week goes. Im not hoping he does but the bank account would be grateful!

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haha I love it when people cancel plans ;-)

I just love staying in!

Such a wee Granny before my time so I am.

That will be great if you manage the NSD's. Every one is a great achievement.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I love it so much when people you cancel, its like you have made time. I do love it but I have a feeling we are definitely going out this week.

An NSD today and taking lunch tommorow then at my mums after work so should be an nsd in theory. Wish life was as simple as it is on paper.

I owe my parents around £4,000. They gave me £7,500 as a flat deposit and I borrowed another £7,000 from them with almost half of this paid back. Its a bit complicated because they don't need this money back and never ask about it. I give them around £100 a month but on paper I could stop that tommorow and my parents would be happy. But they are not wealthy and I have brothers and sisters and in my heart of hearts I need to give them this money back. In february this year I didn't give them any money and I could not sleep. I was so stressed, once I had paid them in march I slept fine again. They don't spend any money on themselves and i want then to go on holiday and have nice things so I am going to carry on paying this money back. Anything else does not feel right- but as its not a bank I had kind of forgotten about it.
    It feels much worse owing family than owing the bank. People who are not in debt do not seem to get this concept!

3weeks and 2 days to payday. Going well so far. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business