Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Awww thank you Ramble. Should probably be number 1 thing really. Very stressful at the moment. Im worried about something going wrong and my parents finding out how bad things are. It is hard and support is invaluable. The stress makes me want to spend which is obviously stupid but its how I feel right now. Spent a lot of time at work trying to do the numbers and getting stressed when I should have been working. Not good at all.

It's my really good friends birthday in 2 weeks time, going to get a takeaway and then cocktails, im seeing it as an unavoidable expense just once a year. its the only night out I have planned in august apart from dinner out this friday (cheap and cheerful and no alcohol).
    Then nothing out till september. Trying to stay on track this month and make some progress although i have ordered a new handbag for work. My old one was way past being usable and i was starting to feel a bit embarrassed.
    It is so hard having minimal money.
    Had beans on toast for tea, fruit and ice-cream. An NSD but for some reason it doesn't feel like that at all. Very depressing just before payday, I want to spend and eat.
    I rang my 3rd credit card yesterday to move payments from 16th to 1st. They said this was ok but would create a 6 week gap, this wasn't my intention but worth knowing if things are hard in the future. Roll on payday and staying out of overdrafts. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey,

Sounds like a lot of positives and reflection. They way I see lidl/aldi vs the others is yes you get nicer service and shopping experience bags offered to be packed, 50 choices of ketchup but your paying for all those luxuries. Also branded food is only well known because the companies have to pay a fortune to advertise.....hence it's more expensive. Same food in the box I bet!! I brought some nice jars to keep pasta,rice cereal etc in and you can't tell the difference one the uglier packaging has been throw.

Wow you have traveled!!! No wonder your in debt ;0p!! I joke! But seriously at least it looks like the money was spent on something worth while. If your ever feeling drowned by it look back at all the photos and remind yourself that the money wasn't wasted. I've been for Ibiza on a girls holiday it was amazing!!! The big clubs are expensive though!! The music wasn't to my taste so I only went twice but couldn't really afford to get drunk £20 a beer £15 a bottle of water! I think most of the people there were on drugs but that ain't my thing. It's an experience though!!

Also don't feel bad about your few nights out your allowed some fun you know!!! Xx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 26 July 2016 at 8:59AM
    Options
    PSL I just wondered (forgive me if it's been mentioned) If you'd approached any of the debt relief organisations, just for a chat? You are doing such an amazing job but they may see a better way forward for you.

I also know you've done some shuffling around to cut interest, have you approached any of the lenders to see if they'd freeze interest or offer you some sort of deal, to make the repayments easier? They can only say no after all.

Paying off debt is a hard slog, no doubt about it, but those avenues can be so beneficial if you're struggling.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey PSL,

Been AWOL the last few days so sorry about that, full support service resumed from NOW!

I am super proud of you for not spending when you had that urge, it is so hard to resist when you feel like that so well done!

Has your new bag arrived yet? Any time I get a new bag I am always like this bag will be so organised & never messy - 2 weeks later its a receipt, tissue & general other bits & bobs graveyard. Where does all this stuff come from I am so sure I don't put it all in there ;-)

Good for you on buying some presents, it feels good to have started. May seem super early but it pays to be organised - haha listen to me as if I have been doing this forever, I only started it this year LOL

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Oh gosh so many points.to mention. Thank you Dolly, Kc, hannah. I feel I should clarify im definitely not into all the recreational drug scene at all, its not for me either! But I have heard similar prices for water and alcohol ao its definitely not a cheap trip. Most of my debt is interest free minimal repayments apart from 1 credit card which is about to go right down and aim to cut in half and close by february.
    Im sorry I've been so moany lately. I think its so hard right before payday. Its not beyond me to do this and get everything sorted but you can so easily feel like you're beaten and then you temporarily wallow until you're ready to perk up. Well this is my pattern anyway. I get paid tomorrow, most bills are monday, credit card, council tax tomorrow because i will be in the black!

Im forcing myself into lidl and iceland. Even if its only temporary its happening this month. Most of the things I have tried have been fine and they do have a lot of brands in as well. Im taking my lunch in 5 days a week this week so doing well on food spending so far.
    Bag has not yet arrived. I cant wait! Dolly don't worry about not posting, we don't always have time to be typing away at the internet when there is real living to be doing. Im here every day because im in a bit of a pickle but when im better I might post lots less. Its exactly like you have bren looking in my handbag, I don't know how I can be so grubby! I will try and be less boring and wallowing going forward! xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are not boring & we all love a good moan!

Well I do anyway ;-)

I am having a wee early night tonight, had such a bad sleep the last few nights & have a sore back.

Speak tomorrow my sweet.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Dolly maybe see if whisky helps. I think it helps with everything (except studying). Although I know a lot of people don't like to take alcohol for pain. My parents think its a worrying thing to do and tell me so a lot!
    Pay day today- paid the council tax earlier and transferred £580.40 to credit card. Giving myself £220 for everything extra this month. I don't know if that sounds like a lot but for me its hardly anything!
    Loan payment tomorrow of £153 meaning only one more payment before it goes under £2000 mark which will be amazing.
    Going out friday, start of the £220 fund for month and then studying at weekend but will go to lidl. Need to be a bit military to succeed I think. And plan ahead. had toast, micro chips, fruit and ice cream for tea. Taking lunch in tomorrow then dinner at home. Early night tonight very tired. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't have any in the house & wouldn't be against it, might have a wee rum instead :heart2:

Back feels better today, must have been lying in an awkward position at night.

220.00 is not too bad.

This month I have 250.00 to spend for the month, I divide it by the amount of Sundays in the month as that is when I replenish my money, it's the start of my work week.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I would like to buy perfume this month. I may need to buy and put on credit card. Bought lunch into work all week and bought foods in lidl so I think I am doing quite well (for me).
    Had chicken nuggets and waffles for tea. Feel like that's my entire salt allowance for the week. Out tommorow then spaghetti bol on saturday.

Would like to say today was nsd but got 2 pairs of sandals in the sale total £15. Plus used some boots points on eyeliner. And I would love the perfume so I think im going to have to work that in. Haven't paid all the bills so need to sit tight for the moment.
    Checked noddle today and somehow its gone from fair to good. I dont want any.more credit but need to keep an eye on my.score so tentatively happy with this.
    Watching train wreck (so rude!) think its possibly over my head but quite funny in places. Think early night for me tonight. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey, sounds like your all organised after pay day. Well Done....are you looking forward to next pay day already? It feels like that's all I'm waiting for ha ha.

What perfume are you eyeing up? How about seeing if you can stay within your budget for the month and have enouhhtibet left over for it as a treat? X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts