We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hoping you have a lovely Christmas PSL x
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you both. Christmas yesterday was absolutely lovely. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and everything went well.

Going to see more family today and possibly do a food shop either today or tommorow.

Waiting to see exact bank account numbers this time next week. And trying hard not to fall into the got-paid-early/spend-it-all trap.

But new year will be pub and nothing flashy. I did hear about eye wateringly expensive New Years nights in London so I do at least feel like I have got something right here.

So I might have to get round of drinks today in pub with family but then nothing expensive going on till new year.

It's a low key January until the end when I am out with my best friend and maybe having a rare night away. but I also need to renew my passport as am planning on going away for a week in the summer which I am going to pay for in-part with council tax money from the 2 months we don't pay and from staying in.
    It's not possible to put on credit card even if I wanted to as somebody else is organising and everyone giving cash to the organiser.

Got £50 from grandparents. I know this is ultra morbid but with both in their 80s I am going to put this towards some new hair straighteners in the new year which will last years and years. So I think this is best use of the money as GHDs are quite expensive although I am scared to look up the exact pricing!

I can't remember when I bought my last ones but I know I had my then on my 21st birthday which was 11 years ago and I need a plan for replacement as we are on borrowed time.

Hope everyone enjoyed/is enjoying Christmas and New Years. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PSL the GHDs I have are years old as well , they do last a long time.

Have a great Boxing Day . I am off to the North East for new year and looking forward to that.

Enjoy family time x
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Glad you had a good Christmas and low key new year sounds good. Trick to not spending salary until normal payday is stick it in savings account then transfer on payday.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you're enjoying Christmas with your family. Hope all continues well for you. Good wishes for 2018!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Hey PSL,

So glad you had a lovely Christmas.

I have also had my GHD's for about 16 years, they last such a long time so well worth the money!

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind well wishes.

I am off work over Christmas and really enjoying being low key.

Small food shop in Lidl today and might do a stocking up shop tommorow.

Spent £90 in the sales which included 2 birthday presents, jeans which fit perfectly (which I would have paid much more for), 2 tops, gloves, eye shadow, make up bag.

Almost All of the bills seem to be going out on 2nd January so need to prepare well for that and for the rest of the month. Trying hard.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your Christmas PSL. Sounds like sensible plans for NYE. We’ve been invited to a curry and then a party at my brothers but I don’t think we can be bothered. We are just boring old farts lol
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    You're not at all Louby. It's just all such a nonsense. The curry sounds good tho. I struggle to turn down a curry and it is definately showing.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh another curry lover here!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate