Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Susan1942
    Susan1942 Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It would seem to be that I don't have the correct meter to switch to them or that is how I read There was a prominent notice at the beginning stating Ty gat it requires a specific type of Meter
    I will have another look and recheck to make sure I am understanding it correctly
    Sue
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the tarrif is conditional on having a specific meter then they should install it for you if they agree to accept you. However if for some reason they cant install one then they may not allow you to move onto that tariff.

If you are interested then ask them, they can only say yes or no
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Susan1942
    Options
    I have had another look and like you suggested they may not allow me to be on this tariff if my economy 7 is more than 60% My day use is 1765 and night use 9560 so more than 60 %
    As you suggested this was in the T&C Thank youe
    for all your wise words
    Sue
  • Susan1942
    Options
    Octopus have offered me a fixed rate Loyal Customer discount. I was to pay an extra £7 20 a month but this is reduced by a saving of £4 50 a month. Today I received an email stating that they are paying £25 into my bank account for transferring to their company. In view of this I have decided that I will switch to this loyalty tariff I have got a fixed rate which will protect me from further increases over the next 12 months. Sue
  • Footslog
    Options
    I've been with Octopus for a couple of years on a fixed 'super green' tariff. I've referred two others who have also joined them. All three of us are very happy with their efficiency and customer service, both online and over the phone. I do not expect them to be the cheapest - there are always slightly cheaper deals to be had by switching every year - but for a relatively small premium, I prefer (a) to go green, and (b) use a company who have, so far, not disappointed in any way.

In contrast, I tried to phone EON today about my mother's energy account. I expected to have to wait in a queue, but at 10am their recorded message said "all our lines are busy, please phone back tomorrow"...! Nuff said.
  • tjpicnic
    Options
    We have only just joined after Iresa went bust. I am so impressed with how friendly, informative, clear and simple their website is. I have never understood why all energy providers make their tariffs, billing and statements so hard to decipher - Octopus have now proved it is possible to communicate simply yet thoroughly - well done so far Octopus.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    tjpicnic wrote: »
    We have only just joined after Iresa went bust. I am so impressed with how friendly, informative, clear and simple their website is. I have never understood why all energy providers make their tariffs, billing and statements so hard to decipher - Octopus have now proved it is possible to communicate simply yet thoroughly - well done so far Octopus.

Yes all very good till it comes to their prices ! I switched to Enstroga, much cheaper, and the switch went fine. Price is everything; 'customer service' and a fancy web site irrelevant.
  • Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    martyp wrote: »
    I went to Octopus on 1st August as part of the Iresa takeover. I switched to another supplier which was considerably cheaper on 12th September and after 6 weeks waiting for a final bill and no activity on the online account I chased them and had my final bill a day after the 6 weeks and refund a few days later but annoying they had to be chased for this to happen.

Yes, I've also switched away and they are holding a substantial credit (nearly £300) and told me to 'be patient' and wait the 6 weeks before chasing it up...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umiamz wrote: »
    Yes, I've also switched away and they are holding a substantial credit (nearly £300) and told me to 'be patient' and wait the 6 weeks before chasing it up...

Suppliers have 6 weeks from the date that your supply transferred to your new supplier to issue a Final Bill. For them to do this, they required industry-verified closing meter readings from your new supplier. The verification process alone takes 10 to 14 days.
  • Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Suppliers have 6 weeks from the date that your supply transferred to your new supplier to issue a Final Bill. For them to do this, they required industry-verified closing meter readings from your new supplier. The verification process alone takes 10 to 14 days.

Yes, I know, but the interesting thing is that Octopus received the verified gas reading the day after I switched and produced a final gas bill. It's the electricity reading they are waiting for. New supplier (Pure Planet) say both have been verified.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback