PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• thegirlintheattic
    Options
    Playing devil's advocate, if they are FTB they may have been scared by the survey which always seems to suggest electrics are on their last legs.

Our survey was very doom and gloom (although there is in reality only 1 serious issue) including a paragraph basically saying the boiler would require regular servicing but it was written in such a way it sounded like the boiler was a dud and would always need £££ spent. The boiler in fact is in GWC and less than 10 years old.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well... we had an open evening style viewing between 5:30 and 7pm today, so me and the OH cleared off to the local coffee house (and I forgot to ask for decaff and am now climbing the walls!!).

Got back to the flat at 7pm to find the agent had shown 8 people/couples around, and one had put in an offer there and then.

It's SO, so we have to sell at the price which has been set, so no worrying about haggling :D Others have until 7pm Friday to apply, and the agent thinks we'll get at least 4 people applying for it.

Am now more worried about finding somewhere to buy! Increasingly looking like we might go to rented for 6 months, which I don't want to, but would put us in a good position for buying again...hmmmmm.

Glad your hopes are looking up, Chickenmama! Sorry to everyone who is still struggling :( hope things pick up for you soon.

xx
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
  • Gru14
    Gru14 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    darkvader wrote: »
    Nothing's picked up for us since we reduced it by a further £10k 2 weeks back. One viewing on Sat, really interested and happy with the asking price BUT (as there always is) they have to put their house on the market, get a buyer and only then in a position to make an offer!!!!

Not sure what more to do but wait for some XMas shopping, take our house off the market by Nov end and start fresh in Feb 2017......delays all our plans of course so not really a great ending to 2016

DV

This is exactly same position as us. Reduced by a chunk but still nothing so we're coming off the market in next few weeks and re-listing before next Spring.
    No point being on over xmas I don't think, just makes you feel really blue as not where we wanted to be this time last year but that's life I guess.
    Debating what changes we can make to get a sale, considering new kitchen- really wanted to avoid doing that but it looks like we'll have to as seems to be putting people off. hey ho.. more time to save I suppose and think might be a relief to be off the market and not living in limbo!
  • fudge7000
    Options
    Well the people that we accepted their offer, then there chain fell through, have now sold, but my estate agent can't get hold of them... So looks like they may have changed their plans.

Another couple that have made 2 low offers cane again yesterday, all very positive, talking about where their furniture would go etc, however I think they're happy to wait for us to become more desperate and accept their offer (22k below the previous offer we accepted!)...

Back to waiting around!

Congrats to kirsty!

And those electrics etc seem rather new to be knocking the price down... Maybe those people should be looking at a new build!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was reading about the electrics and thought exactly the same as fudge. Sounds like they need a new build. Querying electrics and boiler that are less than 10 years old to me is very odd behaviour and shows inexperience. i couldn't be bothered with that, and tell them offer on what you've seen or look elsewhere.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to hear that buyers are finally getting smart to bubble prices, long way to go yet though.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    This is a thread for people selling houses.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is a thread for people selling houses.

You need a buyer to sell a house though?
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 21 October 2016 at 12:39PM
    Options
    Crashy I have seen you pop up on numerous other threads. You have nothing productive to offer here and are just trying to elicit a reaction having failed elsewhere.
    You have been proven wrong for months so stop trying to scare people who are simply wanting to vent and discuss with other like minded sellers rather than dealing with people trolling for responses.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Gru14
    Gru14 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Crashy I have seen you pop up on numerous other threads. You have nothing productive to offer here and are just trying to elicit a reaction having failed elsewhere.
    You have been proven wrong for months so stop trying to scare people who are simply wanting to vent and discuss with other like minded sellers rather than dealing with people trolling for responses.

:T

go pick a fight elsewhere Crashy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport