PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• StephieWillcox
    Options
    Eeek, reading through this thread has put the fear in me!

We are about to put our first house on the market, pictures are getting taken tomorrow so tonight's job is mainly stashing everything in cupboards and hoping for the best.

We're South East (Reading) and houses do seem to be selling around here so we're hoping for a quick sale but don't really know what to expect.

Obviously we did the bad thing and already found another house we want to buy so really just crossing our fingers!
    February Grocery Challenge: £0 / £500
  • 9ja4life
    9ja4life Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Dollymix12 wrote: »
    After being on the market since February we finally accepted an offer yesterday! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes through ok as we have already had one buyer go awol

Congratulations! I bet you're chuffed! Hope all goes smoothly
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Well done Dollymix!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Well we went online yesterday and have got 2 viewings booked for this weekend - one is a FTB and one appears to be a buy-to-let.

We weren't really expecting FTB as although we bought it as FTB's the house has drastically increased in value (well lets hope so) and I thought it would take it out of FTB terrirtory.

My husband suspects the FTB is a time waster (I would tend to agree) but only one way to find out!

Now have to attempt to keep the toddler from destroying the house before the viewers arrive (me and toddler will be at the park for the actual viewings).

Dollymix - hope all is going well!
    Hope others are seeing some movements in their selling
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, because that's how the housing market works :rotfl:

What, you add on an extension and ask for more? I suppose it might work in a rising market when interest rates were not heading up............
  • fudge7000
    Options
    Ignore crashy, he likes derailing threads with tales of doom...
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Just thought I would pop in to let you know that we completed yesterday :)

Good Luck everyone for 2017 xx
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Brilliant. Great news!
  • Jack_Johnson_the_acorn
    Options
    fudge7000 wrote: »
    Ignore crashy, he likes derailing threads with tales of doom...

He lives in a bedsit and can't afford to buy.

So you can only imagine his frustration. :eek:
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Ha, thanks for the heads up :)

BonfireBride - congratulations!!

We had 3 viewings booked for the weekend, one no show and 2 did show.

One a complete timewaster, "We're just looking", and one who was pretty interested but their house hasn't sold yet.

It's only been 4 days and I'm already stressed at the constant cleaning up/ tidying. Well done to all those who have been doing this for much longer.

I'm guessing that will be our only viewings before Christmas - does anyone know when viewings will pick up again? I have no idea if people look straight after the new year or if we're looking more like February onwards.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure