PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Are you guys on some kind of 'easymover' scheme or just selling through an EA ?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Just an EA for us. Number 4!
  • fudge7000
    Options
    Oh no Raven, what's the EA saying?
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Finally got hold of the estate agents today and she can't get the mortgage :(. I've totally had enough of this whole selling thing. I've sat and cried today because I feel that we are getting no where and we really can't stay here!!! We are either being offered stupid amounts or no shows and we aren't in a position to drop anymore as we've already dropped more than what we would of liked already. I feel like there's no end in sight :cry:
  • iantojones40
    Options
    RavenQueen wrote: »
    Finally got hold of the estate agents today and she can't get the mortgage :(. I've totally had enough of this whole selling thing. I've sat and cried today because I feel that we are getting no where and we really can't stay here!!! We are either being offered stupid amounts or no shows and we aren't in a position to drop anymore as we've already dropped more than what we would of liked already. I feel like there's no end in sight :cry:

As most property market rampers and HPI fans always say on here... ''a house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it''

If you're not in a position to accept what buyers consider your house be worth then you might as well take it off the market and just get on with enjoying your life.
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    When you have buy to let investors offering ridiculous amounts this is not the same as a serious buyer. For some reason we have had an abundance of buy to let who want a house for next to nothing and I do know our house is worth more than that. As everyone on this board knows the buy to let brigade will never pay full price and where I live there's just a lot of them but thank you for your encouraging words
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    So sorry to read that RQ - I completely agree that BTL buyers will never offer anywhere near what a property is worth and it's so disheartening.

I hope you get a serious buyer who can get the mortgage and sticks ASAP :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • iantojones40
    Options
    Actually most BTL investors have easier access to cheaper money than FTBers etc... so are often prepared to pay more than a FTBer could afford.
    Certainly in my area FTBers have been out-competed and priced out of the market due to BTLers hoovering up just about every 2 bed terrace that comes onto the market.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I imagine it's like that in some area iantojones40 but in ours houses along our road have sold for between 10-15k more than BTL investors were prepared to offer, and we sold for 9k more than one of the BTL investors were discussing as acceptable price when viewing.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure