Sat 30th April/Sun 1/Mon 2 May What Small DFW things will you do this weekend?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy bank holiday guys!

foxgloves - can I come to yours for tea? Sounds awesome!
    DNMS - please come to sort my garden and bring your weather with you!! It's grim up north today!
    Big hellos to all who follow :wave:

Gosh I'm feeling a bit hungover today - only had a glass of wine and one brandy. Goes to show how little I drink these days! ;)

Our dog is looking desperate for a little walk so we'll need to take him out soon and then I'm going to tackle the clutter in this house. I didn't quite finish KonMari last year as I had to move house before I got through 'komono' - that totally set me back so I'm going back to basics and starting with clothes again today. I re-read the book so I am good to go! :D

I hit a bit of funk with everything last night - had a few cancellations for my class, one no-show and then two other newbies who stayed until the end and then said 'do you have a card machine? I don't have any money on me'...I gave them my details so they can do a bank transfer, which is fine but usually people ask me that and pay before they turn up. Now I feel like I'm chasing for payments, which just feels pitiful... Ho hum... I need to have a long think about my biz - I'm finding that I'm so busy actually going and teaching that I've got no time for advertising etc these days so it's just trundling along rather than growing. :( Anyway, hopefully today will be a better day... :o

Here's me - short and sweet!
    • Cheapo porridge brekkie
    • Think about lunch and dinner before the shops shut and we get a takeaway
    • Clear out!!!
    • Think about everything I've got to be grateful for and stop having a mini-pity party!

xx

I can recommend PayPal machines as a useful cheap option. You can get them from around £60 then use that with your phone to take payment. After the initial period you can transfer the money out in 2 hours.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    We actually use "missus" a lot up here, when you greet another woman, regardless of marital status, as in "Hi missus, how you doing?"

Sorry, I totally diverted the topic of conversation there, yesterday.

I find it so weird after almost 20 years living in London that male Londoners will address me as 'mate' to my mind mate is a men only term.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all :wave:
    Hope everyone has had a nice bank holiday. I have, and I am in no way ready to go into work tomorrow morning. :p The weather cleared up beautifully after lunch and all four of us went for a walk. On top of my training session this morning I have seriously sore and aching knees now... I am definitely getting old.

[STRIKE]:kiss: PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Get dh to transfer some money to my account[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Done my training session[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Boys are at a football tournament[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: TV time with dd[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Crochet[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: School work I can't keep ignoring[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Load of washing[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Bit of meal prep[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:kiss: Aim for NSD[/STRIKE]
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Options
    News:

This article suggests that if you start an online order, and then abandon it, the retailer might send you a discount code to entice you back. (Link) I have seen some evidence that this is true sometimes, from Graze.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2016 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Freebies:

Free Cheerios if you shop online at Sainsbury's. (Link)

Free Cheese if you shop online at Sainsbury's. (Link)

Free Milk if you shop online at Sainsbury's. (Link)

Free Burt's Bees Lipbalm. (Link)

Free emollient cream. (Link)

Free Bracelet Maker Kit. (Link)

More Freebies and offers. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 2 May 2016 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Had an expensive weekend of sorts but tried to minimise the spend as much as poss. Went to a wedding, booked into a Premier Inn as I find they are reasonably priced and you know what you will get (£75), used a dress I already had (£0), bought a reduced price card and bottle bag (50 pence), re-gifted a bottle of champagne (£0), DH drove so no taxis (£0), free bar a the venue (£0), didn't think to bring hangover nibbles or bottled water in the supermarket so spent on the hotel vending machine (£2).

Tried to fill in the Nationwide Junior ISA transfer (from a CTF) form, can't figure it out so will ask my DH or will have to go into branch later on in the week.

Logged on to my new TSB account and set up a £500 transfer each month. You get 5% cashback on contactless spends up to the value of £100 - so £5 earning potential each month.

Bumped and relisted some items on eBay and Facebook. Sold 4 items on Friday - must be because it was pay day for some people!

Entered a few competitions.

Took back a curling wand that didn't curl and got £5 extra back!

Bought a round of drinks at Costa with my loyalty points (earned and wombled)

Read https://www.happier.com/blog/5-life-changing-lessons-the-konmari-decluttering-method-taught-me trying to use this to clear, sell, donate the stuff in my house
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: loving the list ally :rotfl:

Yesterday we had a lovely few hours at a local landmark we'd not been too before. Y had to pay to park but rest was free. There were some 'entertainment' a bird of prey and a teepee where a lady was making up stories :)

Despite it spitting for much of the day washing still mainly dried outside, so have just hung another lot out.

DH claimed vacuum was on blink, I changed bag and one filter and it's fine :o did find another filter that I didn't know about, couple of minutes research on line shows we should replace every year :eek: vacuum about 8 years old :o about £12 online so will order one if it is going to prolong life. Was talking to a friend saying I was going to buy a second hand vac as we're doing lots of decorating so that I can use that for all the dusty stuff and prolong life of our old one. She'd just bought a new dys0n and gifted me her old upright :T

Anyway, I'll stop waffling. List for today:
    Package up 3 items that sold last night, walk to PO if I have time, will likely be open as its all part of our local shop and is open 7 days normally.
    Buy filter for vacuum - move money from house fund
    Hand out second load of washing when done, managed to get it on cheap rate
    Sort out drawers - didn't do this yesterday
    Make some muffins from a girl called jack blog - spent ages reading it yesterday, not spent anytime on it before. Thanks for whoever it was who mentioned it :)
    Check FPL, banking and surveys (just in case). Move fleabay money to cc
    Go to gym later, been ready how I can improve my running and I think I need to mix it up with some other things
    Go out for breakfast, use the gift card I was given from work last month

Think that's all, will check back later. Enjoy your day everyone. PF.

All done, except gym. Did run instead though :D got rid of big pile of clothes and donated some things to DM when she popped by. 'Muffins' were different but nice. Cost less than £1 will definitely try some more recipes. Enjoy the rest of your evening folks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure