Sat 30th April/Sun 1/Mon 2 May What Small DFW things will you do this weekend?

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I came on here feeling glum and you lot made me laugh. Thanks for setting that going Ally, avoid anything like "missus" or "her indoors" and it will be fine!

So its go to work, ferry teenagers, do housework, sleep and repeat for me. I am about to get paid my first payment for job no. 2 and guess what, the washing machine has died. After a lot of research I found one reduced on V@ry, got 20% off for opening an account and 9 mths interest free credit, although I intend to pay for it before then.

Working my two jobs is hard going because I am having to bring work home and try and fit it around my already busy life. But a) I am lucky I have the opportunity to do this, b) I enjoy the work and c) it doesnt have to be for ever. Well thats what I keep telling myself.

A bit more support at home would be nice but DH thinks I should do less cleaning and tidying and I dont think we are ever going to agree on this.

So the bank holiday means more work for me but at least I dont actually have to go anywhere.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: loving the list ally :rotfl:

Yesterday we had a lovely few hours at a local landmark we'd not been too before. Y had to pay to park but rest was free. There were some 'entertainment' a bird of prey and a teepee where a lady was making up stories :)

Despite it spitting for much of the day washing still mainly dried outside, so have just hung another lot out.

DH claimed vacuum was on blink, I changed bag and one filter and it's fine :o did find another filter that I didn't know about, couple of minutes research on line shows we should replace every year :eek: vacuum about 8 years old :o about £12 online so will order one if it is going to prolong life. Was talking to a friend saying I was going to buy a second hand vac as we're doing lots of decorating so that I can use that for all the dusty stuff and prolong life of our old one. She'd just bought a new dys0n and gifted me her old upright :T

Anyway, I'll stop waffling. List for today:
    Package up 3 items that sold last night, walk to PO if I have time, will likely be open as its all part of our local shop and is open 7 days normally.
    Buy filter for vacuum - move money from house fund
    Hand out second load of washing when done, managed to get it on cheap rate
    Sort out drawers - didn't do this yesterday
    Make some muffins from a girl called jack blog - spent ages reading it yesterday, not spent anytime on it before. Thanks for whoever it was who mentioned it :)
    Check FPL, banking and surveys (just in case). Move fleabay money to cc
    Go to gym later, been ready how I can improve my running and I think I need to mix it up with some other things
    Go out for breakfast, use the gift card I was given from work last month

Think that's all, will check back later. Enjoy your day everyone. PF.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning BH Monday People,
    Up early today as have visitors arriving. Menu chosen so as to have some leftovers - Roast pork. Rhubarb crumble for dessert, using the last of last year's rhubarb from freezee. Only had to buy ice cream to serve with it. Baked a victoria sponge for teatime, filled with home made blackcurrant jam & vanilla buttercream, as had all the ingredients in already for that.
    Must head off to greenhouse now. I'm hoping to offload LOTS of plants today so need to box them up. Shall then have space to progress my veggies. Have a good day all.......oh, mine has just got better. Mr f has just volunteered to vaccuum downstairs before our guests arrive. Yay!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 May 2016 at 9:06AM
    Options
    Morning foxgloves! Hope you have a lovely day - sounds like fun :D

BB - thanks for the encouragement re the garden. I do love it! And have spent the last (almost a year) trying to learn about my garden and vegetable growing. I am a complete novice and have only ever really grown tomatoes, cucumbers, a few lettuces, peppers and chillis. So much to learn. Dawn & foxgloves have been a great source of knowledge! I had a little germination disappointment as one of my courgette plantings (2 seeds) haven't germinated :( and as I was silly/lazy I didn't label the seeds so not sure which variety it is....

sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend :D Weather here in the very south east has been glorious! Dawn I did wonder how we can be so close and have such different weather??!

Saturday was such a lovely day. After spending a few hours in the garden we went for a walk along the seafront and dgd was on her scooter, stopped for a 1/2 and dgd had an ice cream and then I made a batch of chilli before going to work. Yesterday we took dgd swimming and then shared a medium portion of chips (£2.20 for the 3 of us :T) then went and sat on the beach for an hour :T before coming home and doing some more bits in the garden including burning a load of wood that has been sitting around in the fire pit :beer:

Plans for the day -

*[STRIKE] checked weather and although it's going to be cloudy today it's not forecast to rain[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]will put a load of washing on [/STRIKE]& hang out on line
    * put ashes from fire into the compost bin
    * remind oh to pay his housekeeping and pay CM
    * sow some more seeds :D
    * obsessively check already sown seeds for germination progress :D:o:D
    * all meals from stores - meatballs for dinner mmmmm
    * NSD? Maybe...
    * go through fridge and make sure nothing is about to perish
    * I might pick some rhubarb today and make into a dessert...
    * probably take dgd to the park later
    * [STRIKE]look at a job vacancy to see the closing date and work out when I am going to start the application [/STRIKE]- my friend has recovered from the last job share position and is now up for applying for job share positions again :T

Ok that's all I can think of. Hope you all have a lovely day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy bank holiday guys!

foxgloves - can I come to yours for tea? Sounds awesome!
    DNMS - please come to sort my garden and bring your weather with you!! It's grim up north today!
    Big hellos to all who follow :wave:

Gosh I'm feeling a bit hungover today - only had a glass of wine and one brandy. Goes to show how little I drink these days! ;)

Our dog is looking desperate for a little walk so we'll need to take him out soon and then I'm going to tackle the clutter in this house. I didn't quite finish KonMari last year as I had to move house before I got through 'komono' - that totally set me back so I'm going back to basics and starting with clothes again today. I re-read the book so I am good to go! :D

I hit a bit of funk with everything last night - had a few cancellations for my class, one no-show and then two other newbies who stayed until the end and then said 'do you have a card machine? I don't have any money on me'...I gave them my details so they can do a bank transfer, which is fine but usually people ask me that and pay before they turn up. Now I feel like I'm chasing for payments, which just feels pitiful... Ho hum... I need to have a long think about my biz - I'm finding that I'm so busy actually going and teaching that I've got no time for advertising etc these days so it's just trundling along rather than growing. :( Anyway, hopefully today will be a better day... :o

Here's me - short and sweet!
    • Cheapo porridge brekkie
    • Think about lunch and dinner before the shops shut and we get a takeaway
    • Clear out!!!
    • Think about everything I've got to be grateful for and stop having a mini-pity party!

xx
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I came on here feeling glum and you lot made me laugh. Thanks for setting that going Ally, avoid anything like "missus" or "her indoors" and it will be fine!
    We actually use "missus" a lot up here, when you greet another woman, regardless of marital status, as in "Hi missus, how you doing?"

Sorry, I totally diverted the topic of conversation there, yesterday.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    Hi May Marvellous-oes,

Quick post before we get going today.

Going to pop out now for a swim and sauna at our local, cheaper, pool.

Actually need to get off my bum today.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Month Eleven:

* Lunch is
    batch-cooked soup.

Back later...

How about you guys?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D
    Still feeling quite Zen like this morning. So pleased not to have had to get up and go to work. I've really enjoyed my weekend of relaxing and intend to continue as much as possible for today. Although I can't ignore everything...
    :kiss: PAD
    :kiss: Get dh to transfer some money to my account
    :kiss: Done my training session
    :kiss: Boys are at a football tournament
    :kiss: TV time with dd
    :kiss: Crochet
    :kiss: School work I can't keep ignoring
    :kiss: Load of washing
    :kiss: Bit of meal prep
    :kiss: Aim for NSD
    It's chucking it down outside again which is a bit depressing but hopefully it'll pick up as the week goes on.
  • scottishbrummy
    Options
    Well, for me this whole week I'll be spending at my parents, read as: eating them out of house and home!
    Payday is Friday so will treat them then to make up for it!
    LBM - 30/3/16 - Someone save me from myself!!
    Overdraft: 1800/1800 - Credit card: 1400/1450 - Loan: 1257/4500
    Grand Total: 4457/7750
  • allydowd
    edited 2 May 2016 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Hi I'm back,

I've started a new sporting odyssey. I'm going to swim 5km over the course of May, probably in 1km chunks. How is this moneysaving? I used to take part in very expensive sports: this odyssey will cost me a grand total of £14 including a pass to the sauna and steam room.

The List Continued

* Had a long "free" shower at the pool after today's 1km swim and sauna. Sorry Planet Earth.

* Used complimetary toiletries from last week's hotel stay at the pool.

* Sorted out DW's debit cards. Two new ones had arrived and she was all of a guddle with them resulting in us getting to the til in the supermarket and neither of her cards working. Luckily I had my card.

* Spent the remainder of our entertainment budget on fresh fruit, seafood and non-alcoholic wine. Some of it was reduced price, we ended up with quite a lot for the money.

* Nearly cried when boot of car wouldn't lock; however, for the time being, a squirt of WD40 from stores has fixed the problem.

* Sent off for a few Freebies.

* Cleared all my emails in case there's anything important in there.

How about you guys?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure