Sat 30th April/Sun 1/Mon 2 May What Small DFW things will you do this weekend?

Options

Comments

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NV1971 wrote: »
    I'm just at the start of all this. I've been burying my head in the sand a bit and debts have been building. I've known for a while that I need to do something about it but today I've decided it's time to start making an effort. Me and my DH gave up alcohol a few weeks ago, so that's going to help both health and finances. I've also started looking at my direct debits and trying to reduce my monthly outgoings. I've cancelled several services today. I really, really, really want to be debt free. It's going to take a while, but at least I've started to make an effort!

Happy bank holiday everyone :T

N

Hello and welcome NV1971, this is a fabulous thread everyone is very supportive and non judgmental.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Thanks for the start CCL - glad to hear that you are feeling better :)
    No hail here today so far either BB, though it is jolly cold, and there was a hard frost this morning. I do wish it would warm up and act more like spring than November :mad:

Not done much again today - lack of motivation as much as anything :o

DD and little GD appeared this morning early, so nothing done while they were here except for a quick visit to Mr S for some shopping.

Apart from that:
    HM meals
    Dog walks
    Watered a few plants
    A survey, or rather a bit of one - it was for Ipsos I-say, and I always get screened out of those and thrown just a few points :rotfl:
    Listed a few more bits on ebay

And that is about it :o The house needs cleaning, but it ain't gonna happen today!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 April 2016 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Hi I'm back,

The List Continued

* Printed payslips on the back of junkmail.

* Ordered iron on patch to repair jeans.

* Got OH to find my temporarily misplaced driving licence.

* Backup data in my mobile phone, free. Save it in my email.

* Homemade lemon, ginger and honey tea.

How about you guys?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening All

CCL - Thanks for starting us off today, glad to hear you're starting to feel a little better. Can't wait to see "Shaun"
    Bob - I love reading "Aldi to Harrods" and though I'd mentioned her here too, sorry

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Not a lot achieved today as didn't get up until 10.30 and then hubby arrived home about 11.15, we then went for a drive out to Buxton (very snowy on the hills through Castleton), had lunch out and a mooch round the shops - not much spent but felt lovely getting out.

Stripped DS's bed and remade
    Washing
    Dried using tumbler as weather far too changeable here today
    Finished book (now need to find another from the shelf)
    Entered a few comps
    Checked https://www.freepostcodelottery.com - Remember there are now 5 chances to win
    Checked Lucky Phone
    Checked numberplatelotto, Ashleigh etc

Love to you all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    legomum the pudding was really nice. It just goes to show that food waste is pretty much 100% avoidable. But I have certainly commited many food waste crimes pre learning more thrifty ways.
    So glad your car is ok. And well done on your early Xmas present buying.

ClootiesMum nice to see you back. Thanks for the babyfood tip off. I want to see the Lady in the Van too.

Our early evening entertainment was provided by a Fox who came right up to the catflap looking for food and stayed for ages looking in whilst OH went crazy snapping away. Some of the pics are gorgeous. I know they are a pest but they are beautiful too.

Currently curled up with a bowl of popcorn and Special Correspondents on Netflix.

Zigggy have you tried any of her ideas at all?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: lovely to have an extra day and nor ready be thinking of going to work tomorrow. Family day planned (frugal style of course) :

Packed lunch
    Meals from stores/freezer
    Likely use our NT membership
    Washing on outside after being done on 30
    Listed 8 things yesterday on fleabay and scheduled half yesterday and half today. Will keep an eye, 3 items ending tonight too. Have found 2 more things too
    Sort out my drawers :o found some tops I'd completely forgotten about whilst looking for some summer trousers :p
    Used water from yesterday's water bottle to fill kettle
    Check FPL

Enjoy your Sunday. PF.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning

Just managed to pinch punch my son without him suspecting. Horray! It did trigger a crazy 5 minutes of who was allowed to do who under the no touch backs ruling.

So happy May 1st. Can't believe we've reached the 5th month of 2016 already. I am counter upper on the PAD thread this month if any of you want to join in.

Trying to decide whether to go to the British Museum today or not. DS is doing Greeks as the overall learning theme this term and it is on the list of suggested outings. We could get there using 1 bus from checking. But it may be very busy because of bank holiday. Will weigh it up. If we do go it will be packed lunches etc obviously.

Have good days all.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello guys :wave:
    Happy Sunday! :beer:

I'm working tonight but hoping for a busy little class to make it worthwhile...

Was meant to be going out a wee dog walk with my pal later but don't trust the weather - don't want to get drenched with 5 miles to go!

Am so happy about being off work tomorrow and not teaching tomorrow night - relaxing bliss! :D

I'm planning our new kitchen today to see what it might cost us... Still crossing my fingers for my bonus even though I've heard the other side of the company hasn't reached their targets... :(

Need to go - will think of a little list... :think:
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2016 at 12:09PM
    Options
    Hi May Marvellous-oes,

Thanks for the starter PF26 and the reminder that today is the first day of May, Bob, that had actually slipped by me despite having the long weekend off work for May Day and having done May's budget last week... :rotfl:

It's pouring hard. Oh well, if we stayed in everytime it rained in Scotland we'd never go out :eek:, might pop out later for a swim and sauna.

I have decided it's time to stop referring to my wife as my "OH" on here and start referring to her as my "DW". It's not like I'm exactly "in the closet" on the interweb or in the real world is it?! :D

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Month Eleven:

* Dinner will be a lamb roast. DW
    bought a joint on offer, come to think of it our Sunday meat is always on offer, it'd be hard to afford it otherwise.
    Last night's batch-cooked Lasagne and homemade garlic bread was a hit.

Plan another inexpensive sporting challenge.

* Need to burn some photos to disk for protection. When I'm feeling fed-up I look at the photo disks I've made and it cheers me up. This prevents a recurrance of my depression and, therefore, keeps me solvent.

* Did a couple of Annoying Jobs yesterday. Thanks Foxgloves.

* Fix two keys on my laptop. I fixed four keys last week, but two have had a relapse.

* Install self in front of tv and watch back-to-back Bond movies on secondhand DVDs.

How about you guys?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

I had a proper day off yesterday, from everything, and it was brilliant. Just did the bare minimum with regards to kids clubs etc and spent some time at bestie's house. Other than that it was my room, loads of crochet and catch up TV. And I loved it. :D Nothing like it for clearing the head etc.

[STRIKE]:coffee: Finalise the April budget (massively overspent this month due to my moods)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Check banking and PAD - my pay arrived by 8am yesterday[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Get dh to put some money into my account[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Go and collect my shopping from Mr T - Sainsbury's are definitely in my bad books today[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Get the boys off to ds football[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Get ds to gymnastics later[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Tweak May budget[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Finish my Shaun the Sheep crochet[/STRIKE]
    :coffee: A bit of school work :rotfl:
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Try and avoid argument and confrontation with dh[/STRIKE]
    :coffee: Enjoy the sunshine - maybe go for a bit of a walk. Clear my head and give me some thinking time :rotfl:
    [STRIKE]:coffee: Little bit of housework[/STRIKE]
    Have a good day everyone :T

So I have a much clearer head today than I've had for ages. Happy days. And I can taste food again as well :D
    Plans for today
    :coffee: PAD
    :coffee: Tutoring
    :coffee: get ds to a party later
    :coffee: more crochet
    :coffee: bit of school work
    :coffee: school work
    That's pretty much it. I enjoyed doing nothing so much yesterday that I want more of the same today. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure