Sat 30th April/Sun 1/Mon 2 May What Small DFW things will you do this weekend?

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 April 2016 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Hi April Awesome-ees,

Thanks for the starter CCL.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Month Eleven:

Spent 90 mins trying to resolve my OH's broken mobile phone problem. I won't go into it...it's complicated...
    anyway, it's being returned to Samsung under warranty, and hopefully we should be only £20 out of pocket. We didn't take out the £48 insurance with the mobile company when we bought it...just as well as it wouldn't haven't been covered by insurance anyway.

Feel pretty unwell this morning so I'm going for a run before the rain sets in to try to shake it off. Not going to laze around feeling sorry for myself. Managed a wee 7km, in sunshine and showers. Going to have a nice afternoon on the sofa and pick up where I left off this evening.

* Batch-cooked Lasagne for dinner tonight and homemade garlic bread.

* Do some i-Say surveys.

How about you guys?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Man, I am so annoyed!!

Plus net completely messed up our bill when we moved house - think it was set up as 2 accounts or something rather than just changing the original account... Then they said we owed them money, OH explained that we didn't, they agreed... We've got transcripts of calls of them saying we don't owe anything and now we've received a letter saying our debt has been passed to a debt collection agency as we haven't paid it!!

OH called again - went through the whole thing - and again they agreed we don't owe them.

I've told him to write to them and get them to confirm in writing that they will correct this but I guess I should only deal with the original company and not contact the DCA at all - or should we also write to the DCA who now has our details?!

(I guess this is maybe a topic for a whole new thread but thought I'd start by asking you lovely lot here!)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hee hee - that's the blog Ziggy shared a while back - the best thing to do with your old shoes :o :rotfl:
    http://goo.gl/eYCibH

Oh I missed that. I'm loving her Twitter feed. Loads of good stuff.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Ooh, I'll check out her twitter feed. I think Ziggy shared it on the FB group. :)

Is everyone in the FB group who wants to be? Just send me a PM with your email if you want to be. Think all members can add others too.

xxx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 April 2016 at 2:59PM
    Options
    LA E- how annoying about PlusNet. Afraid I don't have advice though sorry.

Today's small thing so far.
    1. 2 loads of washing done. 1 drying on the line already. Geeking out about next electricity /gas bill as we haven't used the tumble all month or had the heating on. Saddo :)
    2. Found 5p
    3. Taken a baby packed lunch out with us saving £1 and an adult/child one saving around £10 easily if costed on standard Mr T sandwich meal deal.
    4. Brought water with us
    5. Applied for a transfer pack for CTF to new Nationwide one. Interest rate of 3.5%
    6. Dinner is planned around YS chicken fillet bought yesterday. Tonight will do chicken and rice meal with veggies. Cook all the chicken and portion for another meal.
    7. Defrosted 2 apples and a leftover frozen pancake. Will do something like an Apple fritter by dicing and frying the Apple so It goes mushy then add cinamon and sugar. And fold it all into the pancake and heat through...yum
    8. Took out the scraps bucket to the compost heap.
    9. Took out the recycling. Made sure all useful paper was saved.
    10.Tidied office in tray.
    11. OH is going to cut my hair this afternoon. Saving £40 on salon visit.

Probably do more later.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

I've told him to write to them and get them to confirm in writing that they will correct this but I guess I should only deal with the original company and not contact the DCA at all - or should we also write to the DCA who now has our details?!

My advice would be:

Get proof the debt has been paid. Then send two letters: one to the original company telling them to call off the debt collectors and one to the debt collectors telling them the debt has been settled.

Should the debt collectors contact you in person or on the phone in the meantime, say and do nothing except to say proof the debt has been settled is in the post to them. If they write to you ignore them, your proof will be with them very soon.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Thanks Ally - it's just that the debt has never been paid because there should never have been a debt in the first place. They thought we owed on account #1 when they had set us up on account #2 and we had been paying that all along... I guess I'll include the transcript confirming we don't owe them anything. I was just weary of contacting the DCA at all because I don't want to open up that dialogue...
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello peeps - I've come back. I've been reading & following the faith but have been too tired to post

This is my first day to myself since March 1st when DH had his knee replaced & I am so enjoying just being on my own in the house.

While I remember - for those of you with kiddiewinkles around - I was in my local Sainsbugs yesterday & they had a stand with reduced baby food. Aptimel banana porridge, Aptilmel follow on milk, Cow & Gate steamed baby meals - all down to 20p. Good dates were on these (Nov 2016 & March 2017) & I have no idea why they were reduced. Might be worth a daunder over to Sainsbugs to have some of these in a cupboard for a stand by. I bought 5 items for my neighbour who has an 8 month old grandson - she was well happy.

Apart from that it's been a spendy day. Have been to butchers & got food for the week (not the cheapest but quality is way above any supermarket & it's supporting a local business) Then off to Mr A for the veg etc to accompany meals (DH used to work there so 10% card makes it on a par with Aldis etc). Also had a womble - 2 receipts gave dividends - £9.30 & 29p :j:j:jWell chuffed.
    Tomorrow may also be a bit spendy as we intended to head down to Dumfries to see the Garden of Cosmic Speculation (please google this before you mock me). Open 1 day a year & tomorrow is the day - but DH has just called to say he has an interview tomorrow so depending on how long this takes it might be next year we go...

So MSE stuff this weekend
    • Clean out fridge
    • Meal plan for week
    • Let dogs eat their free bones from the butcher despite the fact they keep dropping them LOUDLY on the tiles :p
    • Bedding is in machine & will be hung on line to dry
    • Clean house - water, bleach & cloths
    • Sort out finances for the month
    • Watch borrowed DVD (Lady in the Van)
    • Organise stuff to be done next week into folders (RM survey post, voting cards etc)
    May well add to this but that's what I'm aiming for

Just an aside - popped in to aunt & uncle for a visit today. Mentioned PPI in passing (long story) and he mentioned that he would need to sign the documents for a company today (glad I reminded him) so they could reclaim his PPI. You know the "NOOOOOOO" scream you're all uttering - well I did too. He has an appointment at the bank on Thursday anyway so I've asked him to get list of all his account numbers & I'll do it for him.

Anyway - will pop off just now & I've enjoyed keeping up with you all - hope all are feeling better as (hopefully) the better weather comes in
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • NV1971
    Options
    I'm just at the start of all this. I've been burying my head in the sand a bit and debts have been building. I've known for a while that I need to do something about it but today I've decided it's time to start making an effort. Me and my DH gave up alcohol a few weeks ago, so that's going to help both health and finances. I've also started looking at my direct debits and trying to reduce my monthly outgoings. I've cancelled several services today. I really, really, really want to be debt free. It's going to take a while, but at least I've started to make an effort!

Happy bank holiday everyone :T

N
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CCL Thank you for getting us started this morning.

The weather has been better today, no snow or hail only heavy rain at times.

We have no plans to go anywhere today, we are doing a combination of lessons, chores and relaxing with books, board games, cuddles and watching a film together, something on the hard drive.

ClootiesMum Thank you for the garden information, looks amazing I would love to take my nephew at some point, I'll have to try and find out next year's date and hope it doesn't clash with an camp he goes on annually.

Lego Mum good news about the car.

CCL Good to hear your feeling better and you have managed a decent sleep.

DNMS I love hearing about your gardening adventures, I wish I knew where to start :(

Today I plan to:
    NSD
    Post on this thread for support, motivation and inspiration
    Open curtains fully
    Close curtains before it gets dark
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    reusable sanitary wear
    Stick to meal plan
    B/L/D from stores
    Check and reconcile bank accounts
    PAD into saving £3.66 -1p
    Soak porridge overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight
    Freezer inventory, check contents and update as necessary, we do this every few months and each time we have forgotten to add or delete something
    Check FPL
    Educate children for free
    Entertain children and us for free
    Wash hair and leave to dry naturally
    Dry washing on airier
    Keep heating to a minimum, nothing downstairs, upstairs thermostats turned down low, we have jumpers and blankets
    Light the stove, burning free wood
    put kettle on stove for free hot water, put water in flasks if boiled before ready to use and refill kettle, water used for making hot drinks (we drink plenty of these, cooking rice, pasta etc, washing up etc)
    Ongoing project:
    Cull 100 emails
    Keep up to date with destroying confidential waste

Have a lovely weekend.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories