Waitrose free tea & coffee

This is just getting ridiculous now and I had to vent my disgust as I cannot keep quiet any longer.

How many times now do i go to my local Waitrose, where i also buy my groceries and spend lots of my money there do I find these !!!!!!!!!!s. These people who, looking at them, only come in for the free items and wouldn't,, or should I say, couldn't buy their food from somewhere like Waitrose.

What is the point of the free drinks, as Waitrose can't make any money from it. It just stops the real Waitrose shoppers from visiting their shops.

I am appalled, I really am!!

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you recognise a real Waitrose shopper?

At least our transactions are swift & courteous & if no money changes hands, that would be Waitrose' choice. You are free to exercise yours of shopping at a supermarket that doesn't offer a free beverage.
  • How do i recognise a real Waitrose shopper?.......You can just tell; can definitely tell the ones who don't shop there apart from the free items.
  • I do enjoy watching people get all bent out of shape because their 'free' hot beverage they are 'entitled to' is unavailable because the machine is out of order. It's usually the "outraged of Royal Tunbridge Wells" sort too.

My local Waitrose I've found no better than Sainsburys. The produce is no better nor the service.
  • jonmoneybags
    jonmoneybags Posts: 311 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2016 at 2:08PM
    I have never seen the machine out of order, just problematic getting to point of service because of the people and their little urchins in front of me.

Furthermore, I believe that it all depends on what you expect from the produce and service whether it is better.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Don't feed the troll!
  • Well I wouldn't go so far as to call these people trolls, that is a tad harsh my good man.

I am assuming this is what you mean by troll and not to feed them. But I suppose you are correct in a way that Waitrose should not be refreshing these people for free. Although I wouldn't have said they were trolls (well not on public record anyway).
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Surely with your user name Harrods food hall would be your local supermarket.
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    :D Happy Friday people!!

This one cheered me up a bit.
  • Harrods is most agreeable, but sadly a tad far from my abode.
  • Happy Friday to you also. This is a very jolly forum, my friend was right in that I should post here and find like-minded friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure