PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bit upset. Just got told off for adding up my groceries

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Good for you lass. That is why BoPsie uses the squirter swish and wallop thing at w8rs. I puts my wobbleades on thirst, and she takes it to £30 every week.

My wobbleades cost around £29.50!
  • LittleOne
    LittleOne Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    That's absolutely vile of her!

Please don't let her nasty words get to you. For someone (a stranger!) to say that to you, you can get an idea of what their horrible life must be like! Some people are bitter and want others to suffer like them. Don't take any notice.

I regularly have to tot up my trolley mid-shop :-) Those spontaneous buys get out of control otherwise!
  • BeLikeMonica
    Options
    Wow, some people are really horrible aren't they. I think you coped really well, please don't let it put you off shopping there again.

I love the suggestions from the guys above. This site is brilliant for support.
    Collect Moments Not Things
  • AnnieO1234
    AnnieO1234 Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, what an incredibly nasty evil woman. You've coped better than I would've done. I think I'd have invited her out into the street to show her exactly what I would do to little Hitlers... If that wouldn't have been appropriate, if I'd got my kids with me or something, I would have probably laughed in her face along the lines of "says the woman shopping in Aldi!..." (Nothing wrong with Aldi, there's some things they sell I won't buy anywhere else!)

Chin up honey, it is about her own insecurities not yours. She had no way of knowing really what you were doing, you might've been calculating a recipe, you might've been adding up a portion of the shopping that belonged to someone else or that you could've claimed back on expenses, or even that you were just fastidious so that you didn't get conned at the check out. I'm surprised she even noted you were on the calculator. But as I say, it says a lot about her.

xxxx
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, you may lose weight and become richer later on in your life.

That woman will probably be mean and vindictive forever.

You win.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can lose weight, you'll still be a c***

the ultimate response!

Had she not been snooping at what you were doing how would she even know if you were adding up or making a call.. one number pad is pretty much the same as another on a phone.. the only difference on mine is one is green and the other is orange! .. She was probably !!!!!! you weren't writing a text she could read.. assuming she could read of course!

She's noone.. just a venomous bitter hag who probably hasnt been laid in a while.. brush it off and move on.. you don't need her approval.

I'd think up a few witty retorts in the meantime.. so if anyone ever saying anything again you can throw one at them..

ooh.. such as..

actually I'm adding up the calories because I'm trying to gain another 4 stone!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello cheel :hello:

I saw this and thought of you :)

5ffdaaada868ba0ab2c17dc8aa019b5b.jpg

From Smilie flower-smiley.gif?1292867597
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Goodness what an unpleasant experience. No wonder you're upset. Her manners were absolutely appalling. I'm extremely glad that I neither live next door to her, work with her nor am related to her in any way.
    Don't waste any more time thinking about her or she's won whatever twisted battle she thinks she's fought with you today. The opinion of a complete stranger, however foul she is, should have no impact on you, or your life. She is a valueless excuse for a human being.
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2016 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Nasty woman. The trouble is most of us only think of a "good" response or putdown to a comment like that after the event. Then we stew about why we couldn't come up wth it at the time!

Take comfort from the fact that she must have had a pretty unpleasant life to make her so bitter and twisted as to make such a rude and unecessary comment.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Had she not been snooping at what you were doing how would she even know if you were adding up or making a call.. one number pad is pretty much the same as another on a phone.. the only difference on mine is one is green and the other is orange!
    And the numbers are up the other way.
    123 is at the top of a phone keypad but at the bottom of a calculator keypad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport