PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Declared for April at £447.89
    Would like to be under £400 for May
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ancientmum
    ancientmum Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    :j:j:j Hi everyone, starting over in May, hoping to do better than the last four months. Please can you put me down for £180 from tomorrow to 31st May.

Lets hope we get some spring weather to cheer us up. it is sunny here over the edge but there is a cold wind blowing, hope that is not a metaphor for things to come. The market stalls look blooming with fruit and veg so am off now to get some healthy food, note to self, stay away from the home made sausage rolls and bakewell tart, wish me luck!
    Grocery challenge 2024: Annual budget £323.97/1200
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going to give this a go again, after not doing it for ages.
    Going to set £70 target for the month.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys, I have been missing in action due to work and adapting a vegan lifestyle since just before the New Year. So my priority has been more on quality and getting to grips with things, than saving the pennies. Although everything i have learned previously is pretty much ingrained, my monthly expenditure fluctuates depending on what i need or what new thing i'm wanting to try that month. Along with veganism, comes more ethically sourced and cruelty free toiletries, cleaning products and the likes, so i cant really stick to an exact budget until everything i currently have that's not animal and earth friendly have been replaced or an alternative found for it. I am also looking to reduce my waste as much as possible, though i don't think i'll ever be zero waste. I am trying though ... small changes and all that.

Hope you are all well xx
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Frugalwannabe
    Options
    Hello all :-)

Can I be put down for £400 please. That's for 3 kids, 2 adults and a cat lol.

Thanks to all for organising x
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • Frugalwannabe
    Options
    First shop delivered today £53.05 and should last the week apart from milk top up :-)
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well having been away from this challenge for soooooo long - I am happy to have come in under budget for April - not something that used to happen too much. I was going to up the budget, but my boy has moved out and I have a lot of stores, so just 2 adults. £80 for May please, to include all food, toiletries/cleaning stuff, but not alcohol.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    £12.39. A chunk of the bdget but I REALLY wanted some extra nice fruit and veg. Fridge has grapes and blueberries, physilums, edame beans and peppers, all all sorts of stuff. I've also made a big lentil/ rice salad, and have some borlotti beans in a rich tomato sauce ripening nicely in the Wonderbag.

So not as thrifty as last month but am sure I'll be glowing with vitamins by next weekend!
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi Guys, I have been missing in action due to work and adapting a vegan lifestyle since just before the New Year.

*waves at fellow vegan!* or mainly vegan, I slip odd times when out and about still.

It needs a lot more home cooking, I'm finding!
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all, can I be added please (250.00) this was my first challenge I ever joined many years ago .and when doing challenge saved lots of pennies.
    Been a veggie for 25 +years and would also like to cook more vegan foods ,I have been trying out some vegan cheese lately some some good some not . Need to empty a big chest freezer out ,I am about half way though it at moment.
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure