Options

Comments

• skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you hophop.

Those that use clear blue digital opks.
    At my fertility meeting the Dr asked me to use the clear blue ovulation tests for a month starting CD10 and let her know when I got a smiley at the next appointment.
    Question is, do the clear blue record results? Or can I carry on with my opks and bbt and tell her from that when I ovulated and pretend I got a clear blue, they are pretty expensive to buy to only use for a month & I'd rather not if I can get away with it.
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    Not CB ovulation tests don't store the result. BBT charts are much more reliable to confirm if you have ovulated anyway. CB sticks only show the hormones surge (which you can miss depending on what time you do them) and don't actually confirm you did ovulate, whereas the temp increase is a much more accurate indicator! It just doesn't prewarn but of course that isn't hat you want to know. At my support group a couple of the ladies said that they took their bbt charts to their fertility doctors and these formed part of their diagnosis!

Definitely break your weight loss down into small chunks, and just aim for the next milestone. At least once you have the appointment you will have a date to aim for too!

Slowly going crazy over here! Only 5 days past transfer, but at least it is less than a week until we test now.
  • skimper
    Options
    Ah that's good then, I'll just carry on as I am and blag her next time. I've been spotting for 6 days now! But I've read the keto diet can mess with your cycle the first month your on it, so will have to see how we go, I need to go for my cd1 blood test when it does decide to show up.
    I wanted 2 stone before my works Christmas do which is 5 weeks away. Then I'll set another target, probably go a stone at a time.
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    How are you getting on Skimper, are you still spotting? I'm getting the usual cramps so I think AF is on her way.

When will you be testing PKK?
  • skimper
    Options
    AF turned up this morning, I think I was spotting from the transvaginal scan & then pre AF so it just turned in to a mega spotting session haha. I'm going for my CD1-3 blood tests tomorrow.
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Skimper, I've started spotting so I think AF will go full blown overnight/tomorrow.
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    Hi everyone, sadly I'm back. I had a miscarriage just before 8 weeks. AF turned up today. We won't be trying for this cycle because it's advised to have a complete cycle to let the body "re-set" itself.
    I debated whether to come back here but thought I would. Hope that's ok...
    Big hugs for everyone xxx
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Aunty-Pickle. Be kind to yourself x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    Sorry AF got you HopHop and Skimper.

Aunty-Pickle I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Sending lots of love to you. Of course it is ok to come back!

Our official test day is Sunday, but we are testing Friday as we are going away for the weekend. In all honesty, I don't think it has worked. I want to test now so I can accept it and start to move on but OH is firm on waiting until Friday (which I know is the right thing to do!). AF was due yesterday and I've had no spotting (which I usually have in the run up) and no AF - however the drugs you are on say they should delay your period so I'm not reading too much into that!
  • skimper
    Options
    So sorry Aunty-Pickle, sending lots of love. Look after yourself!

Sorry AF is on her way HopHop.

Had my blood test this morning, they opened at 7am so I got there about half 7 and was in & out in 10 minutes. They had to try both arms as they couldn't find a vein, got there in the end though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback