PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 21st March 2016

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Juliejim I would try cif or neat bleach
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dizzy what a lovely day - sounds like food for the soul:)

JJ astonish oven paste in the blue tub is good for upvc if the bleach doesn't help X

Very grey here - what a contrast to yesterday! We have ballet this morning then later we will make rice crispy buns for tomorrow - we have mini eggs to pop on top.

Other than that we might sort jigsaws. Will bring them all out to the living room and get rid of the ones we've grown out of. MIL might even take them to her favourite chazza:) probably where she bought most of them, lol.

Also want to do a final decide of what clothes I'm taking on hol...

Ooo just thought - if I give MIL DS hol clothes - better not give her anything for chazza - what if we got mixed up and she gave all his clothes away and took a pile of jigsaws on holiday:rotfl:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did NO washing today :rotfl: See - I am special! :o

Would you like to borrow my teenagers? Despite washing all day yesterday a pile of clothes has appeared on the landing which I assume has come out of DS1s bedroom.

Dry and windy here so I have two loads out from yesterday, keeping an eye out for the rain.

Other than defrosting today (along with Pigpen - nice to know I am not on my own with that) I am sorting a box of random papers. I have just been floored by a photo of DS1 in his secondary school uniform grinning from ear to ear. I have buried it in with some other photos, I will cry if I look at it again and I am determined not to get emotional, thats why I have not touched this box. There are some happy memories in there though - DS2 and I have been looking at newspaper clipping of sports reports.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Loved your post about DS's easter bonnet and DD's 'library' and good Friday, Bossy.

So glad to hear you felt better yesterday, CY.

Healing vibes for everyone with leaking orifices, particularly Piggers and Dancemum.
    Welcome QueenieJ! :wave:

If every day were like that Dizzy it would be the most blissful life, wouldn't it.

Laundry mountain tackled here yesterday as well, as well as the kitchen floor, the superking and the shower room. It was the least I could do after my slatternly ways earlier in the week. Delightful Lodger's parents and twin sister turned up 24 hours earlier than I had expected, so at least the place looked relatively shipshape. Sadly Devil Cat had made a stink seconds before they all walked in, so I don't think the first impressions were as brilliant as they should have been, but hey ho, you can't have everything.

After years of searching I found a recycling bin that fits neatly in the scruffy slot between the dishwasher and the cupboard under the sink, rather than cluttering up the space near the main bin. Does it make me a sad person that I got a little thrill of pleasure every time I popped something in it once I'd got it in place yesterday?
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not at all honey bear - I would be equally thrilled.
    Just had to holler DD to shoo the bunny back into the back garden as the barrier had blown down. He's now in his run. Ironed washing from last night now away. Have 2 loads on line so I am watching skies like a hawk.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No HoneyBear, not sad at all. I need to find some recycling bins to suit my utility passage. Its one of those Toots things that lives on the list forever.

No washing done yesterday - playing catchup today. It will all have to go on the airer though. Out whirligig hasn't even gone up yet this year - another thing on the Toots list, a new spike! Oooh. I need to go to H***base today (free Primrose voucher if I spend £10. That wil be soooo hard. Not)

First I need to clear the kitchen and bake.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    grey and overcast here today, a sad contrast to yesterday.

DD2's patient is improving. Good thing - they have tickets for Adele next weekend.

My sister is coming up to stay tonight - will be good to see her. Hoping she can see the improvement.
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW it may be sad but I would actually quite enjoy that. We made the decision not to to keep books, unless they were very special. They just take up so much room that we dont have.
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    LW that is a marathon but probably quite interesting and worthwhile task, especially if you manage to weed out duplicates and see the number of boxes reduced. However it would take me forever as I'd be tempted to read all of them as I went!
    We've got eight full bookcases to go through; we do re-read a lot of our fiction, so they're worth keeping. And there are a lot of reference books of one sort and another; everything from aromatherapy to arcane stuff to do with Database Administrator work!
    Would you like to borrow my teenagers? Despite washing all day yesterday a pile of clothes has appeared on the landing which I assume has come out of DS1s bedroom.
    I'll take them, washing and all, IF they mow the lawns and completely weed the garden for me. It's a task I'm dreading; I can't physically manage it, and Mr LW doesn't know a nettle from a nasturtium! :rotfl:

*Looks at time* Gotta go - time for Jack's walkies. :hello:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    House henried

Ironing done by DH whilst I took the boys to their visit their Grandparents.

Nap had
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all.

Shopping done this morning, more £s decluttered. Am I bad for using a gift card I was given to buy DIY stuff? Just got fed up of everything coming out of my account.

Anyway, I am having a cuppa and some fudge as a quick break from decorating. Ceiling is done, I've done one wall. Must crack on.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport