We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    The thing is, zIa, that this thread is a thread for people who may have problems with their physical and /or mental health that may make them feel very vulnerable, and for people who can offer help and support.

Could I ask you to read the first 2 or 3 posts at the start of the thread, and then you will see what I mean.

One of the main things we try to do on here is to accept that a person's problems are very real to them, and are affecting their lives, and so we do not want to be judgemental or critical, but rather to try to be helpful, even if it's only to be a listening ear.

Judgement and criticism has its place in Discussion Time, but not here. :A

OK, explanation accepted. Admit I didn't read start of thread.

Will remove my comments from previous posts.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 March 2018 at 6:49PM
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    OK, explanation accepted. Admit I didn't read start of thread.

Will remove my comments from previous posts.

Thank you. Much appreciated! :):)

Deka and Surveyqueen, would you be kind enough, in the circumstances, to delete your quotes of the posts that z1a deleted?
    Thank you.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• surveyqueenuk
    Options
    Deka and Surveyqueen, would you be kind enough, in the circumstances, to delete your quotes of the posts that z1a deleted?
    Thank you.

I'll get straight on it once that "board monitor" comment goes.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 31 March 2018 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Ha ha. :)
    Thanks, z1a. I can't help as I'm not board monitor in these parts.

I didn't see your original posts but thank you very much for removing them. I do understand that it might be a good idea to remove the board monitor thing, though. :)

Torry - I am so sorry. I wish I could find the original quote, but I know that your lovely husband is living through you, and he is still touching all our hearts and lives through you. :heart:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Ha ha. Thanks, z1a. I can't help as I'm not board monitor in these parts.

I didn't see your original posts but thank you very much for removing them. I do understand that it might be a good idea to remove the board monitor thing, though. :)

Torry - I am so sorry. I wish I could find the original quote, but I know that your lovely husband is living through you, and he is still touching all our hearts and lives through you. :heart:

My husband is gone and cannot live through me or in any other way either, that's why it hurts so much. There is nothing of him here anymore. All I have are memories which are painful
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Options
    My husband is gone and cannot live through me or in any other way either, that's why it hurts so much. There is nothing of him here anymore. All I have are memories which are painful

Those memories are very painful now, Torry.
    Hang on to them, as one day they will be a huge comfort.

The love your husband gave you was a great gift, and you were blessed. It was wrenched from you and that's why it hurts so much and why there's a whacking great wound.
    But it's still there, in those memories.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Torry_Quine
    Options
    Those memories are very painful now, Torry.
    Hang on to them, as one day they will be a huge comfort.

The love your husband gave you was a great gift, and you were blessed. It was wrenched from you and that's why it hurts so much and why there's a whacking great wound.
    But it's still there, in those memories.

I don't know what to do, I want someone to make it better but nobody can.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
  • Pyxis
    edited 31 March 2018 at 9:55PM
    Options
    I don't know what to do, I want someone to make it better but nobody can.

:A:A ((((((((((((Torry)))))))))))))))

:(:(:( No, nobody can make it better. :(:(:(
    Much as we want to, we can't.
    Only time will do that.

Torry, My feeling is that you might be helped a lot by the Cruse association.
    Is there a contact near you?

http://www.crusescotland.org.uk
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Torry,

Its hard when a love one dies. There is a lot of pain and hurt. My ex MIL was like that. She never forgave her husband for dying and leaving on her own.

There is always going to be firsts over the next year. First birthday, wedding anniversary etc with out him and they will cause you pain. But over time it does lessen.

How about you give the samaritans a call on 116 123. Its free and they are there for all. I have used them once before when I felt bad. And was alone and needed someone to talk to.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Torry_Quine
    Options
    :A:A ((((((((((((Torry)))))))))))))))

:(:(:( No, nobody can make it better. :(:(:(
    Much as we want to, we can't.
    Only time will do that.

Torry, My feeling is that you might be helped a lot by the Cruse association.
    Is there a contact near you?

http://www.crusescotland.org.uk
    Thanks
    calleyw wrote: »
    Torry,

Its hard when a love one dies. There is a lot of pain and hurt. My ex MIL was like that. She never forgave her husband for dying and leaving on her own.

There is always going to be firsts over the next year. First birthday, wedding anniversary etc with out him and they will cause you pain. But over time it does lessen.

How about you give the samaritans a call on 116 123. Its free and they are there for all. I have used them once before when I felt bad. And was alone and needed someone to talk to.

Yours

Calley x

I've already had our anniversary and my birthday which was tough. Today is the day my mum died which was good Friday so Easter is never easy to get through.

I have called the Samaritans a couple of times, it helps for a little while but then feeling bad afterwards.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport