Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As I noticed in past, holidays are in fact the best time of year (bar a few days at Christmas and the weeks running up to it) for peace in my property, today the only noise I heard was dog barking for a few minutes and kid run in at a much lower volume.

Still think I should move as I caught one of the junkies exposing himself as he was unloading his bladder onto my front doorstep 2 weeks ago and didnt even apologise, hes well known in town for stealing, threatening shopkeepers and passers by.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WaS, that's amazing news and I'm so pleased for you :T:T:T
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's such good news WaS :D
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 April 2018 at 1:34AM
    Options
    I hope the appointment with the psychologist gave you some comfort Torry.

Thank you for all the congratulations everyone, I am still pinching myself. I had my first online interview with a supervisor today and they couldn't have been nicer. We ended up talking a lot about my mental health difficulties and she assured me they employ people in similar situations. She emphasised that I need to use the supervision available and that all supervisors are trained clinicians who would be willing to support me in my personal as well as working life. Her main point was to tell them if I am having any problems at all immediately, don't just try to power through on my own.

The next step is 10 one hour training lectures with a quiz after each one. After that I will do 10 hours of roleplay with a supervisor to make sure my responses are as good as they can be. Finally there is 20 hours of working with a supervisor observing me. That one is a little difficult for me as my paranoia doesn't like things like that but I need to remember they are there to advise me, not attack me. After that I meet with a psychologist who awards the certificate and I am unleashed on the public alone for 4 hours a week!

I do like that the training is so thorough, it makes me realise they really value the support they offer. By the time people have completed the 40 hours training they really will be the best that they can be. All in all it is a very good organisation who are willing to offer support to me outside of work too.

Having said all that I will be terrified for a while yet! :eek: :rotfl:
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done WaS

Hoping the psychologist was able to offer some help Torry and sending strength
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Thank you Melly!

Quick update-this course is hard. :rotfl:

The emotional contents I already know but there is a specific way of phrasing replies to clients, for example you never use the word 'I' because that is self-disclosure and you are to never offer your own opinion or emotion. Everything is client-centred and reflected back to them, you are there to help them make their own decisions about what feels right for them to do. It is heavily based in psychotherapy which I have had 9 years of but it is a little trickier to be giving it rather than receiving. I have new admiration for my therapist who only twice in 9 years ever offered personal opinion, it's more difficult than it looks!

Five lessons down, four to go then onto 20 hours of roleplay exercises. I am getting there!

How is everyone?
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,907 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The role play in itself would be enough to send me running for the hills.
    I understand why it's neccessary but still think it's very brave of you. I'm sure you'll be great at it.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Too late at night to write anything sensible Lots of love to Torry. WaS, incredibly proud of you!!!!!!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, well done, WaS! :T :T :T

You know you can do it! :)

How is Torry?

How did you get on with the therapist, Torry?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Can I have a bit of reassurance and a quick whine please?

Whilst doing my course the lecturer stated that it will get easier as we advance our career. I nearly had a panic attack on the spot. I am not doing this for any reason related to a career! Career is a tremendous trigger word to me! I had a career once and then it all fell to pieces after my first psychotic break and it has taken 24 years to be brave enough to go this far. I cannot think of it as a career or I really will run for the hills! I am absolutely terrified of failing again.

Other than that it's going well!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback