Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hi all! How are we all doing?

The background check is successfully completed so now it is on to 20 hours role play practice. Needless to say I am dreading it. I have to remember that a supervisor telling me how to do something better doesn't mean they are saying I am a complete failure who should never work again. This will be a good exercise in accepting constructive criticism.

After that I go through a role play scenario with the director (gulp!) who will hopefully tell me I am good enough to be unleashed on the public. I have never done any training course this intensive before, it is equally terrifying and encouraging that the organisation cares so much about the skill of their volunteers. I admit if I knew it would involve all of this at the beginning I wouldn't have taken the offer, I would have felt way too scared to attempt it, I can't give up now though, I am 2/3rds of the way through it. Honestly, the actual job will be a huge relief after this, it is a lot less hours and for me who is terrified of failing a lot less pressure.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WaS you will ace it
    It's not criticism it will be guidance on their policies
    Xx
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Thank you Melly.

First role play shift tomorrow, it will last 3 hours. The trainer will be a client and I will be the responder helping them and then we will reverse it and I will be the client so that I can see how the therapy feels. Wish me luck, I am up at 5am revising, there might be some anxiety!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck WaS, even though I'm sure you don't need it.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Good luck WaS :D

At the moment I am very distracted by all the snooker on TV, so not much is getting done in the evenings :rotfl: (and hello to tea if you're reading, hope you're well and enjoying the world championship).
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon My lovelies,

WaS I am sure you will be fine. Good luck.

ONO thanks for the reminder of Tea not seen her around in ages. I hope she is well.

I have manged to catch another cold the 4th in as many months. Not sure where I could have caught it from. As I know no one with one.

Its AM's 40th middle of next month and we are off to London for 4 days. Already worrying about it :(

Hugs, squishes and handshakes all around

Take care

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Passed my telephone interview for a call centre, did think maybe that was it but theres now a face to face interview sometime in next 3 weeks.

Was shaking the whole time on phone and even more now I passed.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all, hope everyone is OK. This week I am mostly in the hell that is GDPR as a third party data processor. Definitely not somewhere I want to be :mad:.

Some good news is my homeless friend with BPD has now got a place in supported housing from the local MH services so I will be helping her move her stuff in soon, and also a place for DBT starting later this month, so after it all looking very bleak a couple of weeks ago it seems to be finally turning around for her.

And I've had a new tax code from HMRC and they are taking my personal allowance away as they think I'm going to earn over £100,000 this year :eek:. I wish! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    Its AM's 40th middle of next month and we are off to London for 4 days. Already worrying about it :(

Is there something in particular you're worried about or is it just a general away-from-home thing? Either way, I hope you manage to have a lovely time and that all goes well.
    Some good news is my homeless friend with BPD has now got a place in supported housing from the local MH services

And I've had a new tax code from HMRC and they are taking my personal allowance away as they think I'm going to earn over £100,000 this year :eek:. I wish! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm really pleased to hear that things are looking better for your friend and I'd love to know how HMRC decide what tax you owe. Last year I had a letter telling me that I'd overpaid and then about a month later another one to say that I owed them about 5 times the amount they'd previously said I'd overpaid!!

I should probably try to get to the bottom of it to make sure that I'm not majorly over or under paying but my brain kind of goes into shutdown mode as soon as I try to calculate anything like that.
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They shut the other thread... so, hi ono! :hello:

I've been having fun (hurhur) with GDPR as well! Fortunately, our data processing activities are not too complex and we don't collect reems of data so it's not a particularly huge challenge to ensure compliance.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback