Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Isn't it just?! I like it when I hear a whole new word that I wasn't aware of before :)
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    That's the downside of winter with Gitdog. Can't walk him where I normally have him on the longer lead to let off steam because it's not lit all the way round. And it's quite busy so walking in pitch black, even with a torch, puts him on hyper alert and in plonker mode which then freaks me out. So he can only have proper walks at the weekend by which time he's a bit manic and not entirely safe to be around strangers.
    Then there's all the issues of strongly pulling dog and frosty slippery pavements. Roll on spring.:(

So the training has not helped with pulling?just asking because I walk my sons dog and she pulls, thought some training might help.I think you posted your mum looks after him when you are at work but have you thought of doggy daycare? my sons dog goes once a week it costs £15 for the day and as dog walkers can charge £10 an hour think it is very reasonable.It really tires her out playing with the other dogs,they have big fields for them to run about in an indoor play area,couches to rest on and even a paddling pool Macy loved it in the summer.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Reply for Tea

Here's a site to help. Diet relates to the date the court has said a case must be heard.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/29/0/Glossary/a#D
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I know I've said this before, but I always found a Halti-lead was brilliant for stopping pulling. They needed a bit of time to get used to it and not try to scratch it off, but once they settled it was brilliant and completely stopped the pulling.

Is anyone else on here really taken with steampunk fashions? I just love it!
    I wanted to get a corset and shrug for a ruby wedding thing I'm going to, to go with a bright red wig I've bought. Unfortunately, the one I wanted won't let me buy it! Probably out of stock.

I doubt I'll find one in time now, :( but if anyone's into steampunk and knows some good, fast, UK websites, do tell.

I've been through the ones on google. Am looking for red, you see.
    Also wanted a fishtail skirt in red or red/purple, or even red/black, but they're either megabucks, or in the US or China, and won't get here in time.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Question for you lovely Scottish people (or people with knowledge of Scotland)....

Are you aware of the term 'diet', in terms of something to do with legal proceedings? It's just appeared in a legal review I'm doing and isn't something I've ever seen before. I'm just off to google it... just wondered if this was a widely known term up there :)

I remember this from the limited history I did at school.......
    It was a term used in old ecclesiastical legal terminology, ie the infamous Diet of Worms, which was a 1521 imperial council that was convened to decide the fate of Martin Luther. It was held in Worms, Germany. The Holy Roman Emperor Charles V presided over the diet, which was basically an assembly of relevant people.

QUOTE:diet (n.2)
    "assembly," mid-15c., from Medieval Latin dieta, variant of diaeta "daily office (of the Church), daily duty, assembly, meeting of counselors," from Greek diaita (see diet (n.1)), but associated with Latin dies "day" (see diurnal).UNQUOTE

Probably has a similar meaning in Scottish Legal terminology.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,788 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    geminilady wrote: »
    So the training has not helped with pulling?just asking because I walk my sons dog and she pulls, thought some training might help.I think you posted your mum looks after him when you are at work but have you thought of doggy daycare? my sons dog goes once a week it costs £15 for the day and as dog walkers can charge £10 an hour think it is very reasonable.It really tires her out playing with the other dogs,they have big fields for them to run about in an indoor play area,couches to rest on and even a paddling pool Macy loved it in the summer.

Training has helped a lot - I can now walk him with the harness rather than the headcollar. Unfortunately he is still somewhat lacking in impulse control and can walk well for a while then has the tendency to suddenly take off at speed without prior warning. Which is fine if you can get a good grip, less so when it's icy.
    I'd love to send him to doggy day care but my local one doesn't accept bull breeds in the day care bit. And I do rather suspect he'd be too much for most other dogs if he was free running due to his tendency to do a steamroller impression on unsuspecting doggy heads. And to try to hump the smaller ones, even though he's a nut free zone.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,788 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 October 2016 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Just in case I missed it, were we aware that today is international sloth day?

Specially for WAS, say hello to Urmel from Edgebaston. :D

fbgb3n.jpg

ETA - I love the look of steampunk Pyxis, after I went to a local day out where there was a steampunk event going on. No idea where you'd get it quickly online though - no alternative fashion places near you where you might find something instore?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Is anyone else on here really taken with steampunk fashions? I just love it!
    Yes! Some of the dress / corset combinations look fantastic.

When I read The difference engine back in 1990 (yes I spent a chunk of my student grant in the science fiction bookshop near the university :rotfl:) I never imagined it would spawn an entire fashion scene.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Isn't it just?! I like it when I hear a whole new word that I wasn't aware of before :)
    You're probably working when it's on, but you might enjoy Word of mouth on Radio 4 then. I finish at four (in theory, anyway) so sometimes hear it when driving home. It's all about aspects of language so there tend to be lots of unusual words.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback