Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 October 2016 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Hello all!

elsien (I think it was) - I think I have your chest infection! Mr JM has been ill all week :( - but on the lighter side, he is always good value when he's ill, as he gets delirious and has very entertaining delusions. (Hard hearted? Me? When the garden is apparently full of a million pink cats at 2.20 in the morning?)
    l]

It was me, and still coughing up gunge like a good 'un, although I don't actually feel really ill any more, unless,I try to do too much.The first three nights I slept badly and kept having awful dreams.

Thanks .Whitewing.......I had seen that site and have been scouring Amazon. Either the delivery time is too long, or they don't have my size in the design I'd like.
    The one I really like is......

51LwN9AedwL._AC_UL246_SR190,246_.jpg

.........but I need a larger size and they don't have it. I've read in the reviews that they come up quite small for size.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    You need a fry up, Iz.
    Best treatment for a hangover :D
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Best treatment for a hangover :D

Irn-bru or Pepsi max and salt n vinegar crisps (pringles are best) are my go to hangover cure, plus way less hassle than a fry up.

I seem to have the cold. Am sneezing like someone has sprinkled me with pepper, my throat hurts, my nose is red and runny and my chest is full of yucky stuff. Can't wait for home time, my couch blanket and DA dog cuddles. DA dog is a very cuddly dog.

Also, got paid today which has gone a long way to making me feel better about the new job :rotfl: Might splash out on an M&S trip for Percy Pigs on the way home :rotfl: :beer:
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    edited 21 October 2016 at 10:28AM
    Options
    *does a little payday dance* Definitely treat yourself code, you've totally earned it!

I was organised (for once!) and blitzed the house last night, so tonight I can just chill out, watch far too much red dwarf and drink cherry tango. What's that I hear you say...."party animal"?.... well, yes, I am :rotfl:.
  • codemonkey
    Options
    No judgement here. I'm doing the same only with Coke Zero and Still Game. And jammies. Lovely, lovely jammies.

My house isn't blitzed though. It's currently rocking the deterring burglars by appearing like it's already been robbed look. I really need to do something about that.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Well when I say blitzed I mean a minimal approach of the bits people can see (my dad will be popping into feed P cat next week)..... the rest of it.... less said the better really :D

It's not even 11am and I'm genuinely excited about getting into my lovely jammies this evening :rotfl:.
  • codemonkey
    Options
    I'm at the stage where I'm thinking about spending the extra money I'm earning on a cleaner, but I'd be too embarrassed about letting a cleaner in atm. :rotfl:

I'm excited about my jammies too. I'm so rock!
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooooooh, Irn Bru!!
    There are so few places which sell the sugar-free version that I always forget how good a hangover cure it is. I'm generally not allowed to drink it as I have pretty much no tolerance for orange food colouring so it sends me a bit hyper.

Completely useless fact time:
    Scotland is one of only two countries where Coca-Cola is marketed but not the highest-selling soft drink. The other is Peru, where Inca Cola outsells it.

Seeing as tartrazine is one of its ingredients it sends me even more loopy than Irn Bru :D
  • codemonkey
    Options
    Not sure if you're aware, but as well as sugar free diet irn-bru there is also irn-bru xtra which is like the irn-bru version of Pepsi max or Coke Zero, in that it's sugar free but tastes more like the original irn-bru.

I want Irn-bru now.

How is it not lunchtime yet? Longest. Day. Ever.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Code, I'm not sure if anywhere down here will sell it but I'll keep an eye out. One of the things I loved about Scotland was the fact that every shop sold Irn Bru :D

Only 6 more hours to go until I can go home!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback