Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A lovely shiny new morning to you all!

I am pottering around sorting out post, doing those one-off tasks that should take 5 minutes but usually drag out for days. Have made a scary phonecall already this morning. Go me!

Can't praise Asda enough for the cheap flu jab yesterday. So I thought I'd spread the word as a mark of gratitude. The pharmacist was lovely.

faerie, I don't know anything about case reviews so perhaps you could explain what happens in them. Who comes and what happens in detail. Then maybe we can help you prepare for it and unwind from it so that you feel better about how you handle it.

WaS, glad you are back (but am even more pleased that you managed to get away). I am very much looking forward to hearing about it.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    It's a beautiful day here, I can see out the office window :) . Can it be the weekend already please?

Had a really tough lesson last night, wrestling with the four different forms of the congiuntivo (subjunctive). My brain was well and truly frazzled by the end :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    That sounds like tough going ono!

Another day, another workplace pg announcement. That one has definitely not helped my grumpiness, mostly as she's only been back from maternity leave for a couple of months which somehow seems more unfair! Obviously I do realise that makes no sense whatsoever :rotfl:.

There really should be other reasons that allow you to take a year or so off work. I'm not for a second suggesting that maternity leave is a blissful rest.... far from it! But it is a change at least. That's what gets me down most about work.... it's so relentless. It's not so much that any day in particular is that bad, it's more the fact that it just goes on and on. I want a gap year from life.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    I totally agree with you tea. I think there should be a childless equivalent of maternity leave for those who don't want or can't have children to go away and do something they want to for a couple of months. I know you can take career breaks in some places but they're unpaid. I am surrounded by pg announcements and babies being born and creepy scan photos atm and it's getting to me, largely because all I can see is a relentless 30 odd years of work stretching out ahead of me with nothing to break it up. And now i'm sad.

So, last night Mr CP was on nightshift and he let DA dog come upstairs and he slept on the bed. I woke up this morning with him all snuggled into me being mega cute (the dog, not Mr CP). It's very hard to get up when you have a dog giving you sad eyes if you move, especially if it's to go to work.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • tea_lover
    Options
    We should get animal leave! I'm not ashamed to admit that P cat and I happily spoon together :rotfl:.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    There really should be other reasons that allow you to take a year or so off work. I'm not for a second suggesting that maternity leave is a blissful rest.... far from it! But it is a change at least. That's what gets me down most about work.... it's so relentless. It's not so much that any day in particular is that bad, it's more the fact that it just goes on and on. I want a gap year from life.
    I so agree with this.

If I could have a paid year off, as well as a long holiday in Italy (or two) I tihnk I'd start an OU law degree, because I have a very long standing interest in the legal system that goes back to when I was 16. As it is at the moment, with the struggle I have each week to get my Italian homework done in time I'm wondering how I'll even manage to add a piano lesson a week plus practice as well (which I have done nothing about organising yet :o ).
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    Options
    If I had a paid year off I'd have a nap.... for about a month :D

I would encourage you to get those music lessons started but as I haven't done any practice again all week I'm in no position to judge :D Am just waiting for the exam date (sometime between start of November and mid December).... I really hope it's a later date as I am so very much not ready!
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all hummingbird popping by to have quick word with Faerie .
    WW has made some very constructive points in her reply to you . I understand how bad you must be feeling , my daughters life is ruled by that fear of abandonment which is a large factor in borderline thinking .
    I hope you can take on board wws words and be gentle on yourself .
    I don't wish to upset you but has the question of supported living ever been suggested to you ? some people can't cope with the idea but as you have complex physical and mental conditions to deal with daily it isn't ideal that you are living in a property which is pretty unsuitable for both your health and mental wellbeing . Life sounds so hard for you and I wonder if better housing with on call support would lighten the load somewhat .
    WAS Lovely to see you made it out into the world .
    Very time poor here but pop by when I can .
    Take care all and very gentle hugs to those that wish .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 October 2016 at 6:38PM
    Options
    I'm home! WaSp and I are exhausted so going to bed but we had a wonderful time! I got to cuddle a skunk and a royal python among other animals! More tomorrow, hopefully with photos!
    Don't call your teacher friend a skunk!
    Or his wife a python!

:rotfl:

Seriously, I didn't know you were going to be seeing animals!

I haven't cuddled a skunk. Do you stink now? :rotfl:

I have cuddled a python, though! And have the pic to prove it!

codemonkey wrote: »
    Still struggling a bit but doing my best to power through, whilst hoping for a lottery win.

I have been making my tentacles with the worst sewing machine in the world, so they'll probably fall apart after a few hours. I have only made 6 because the character only has 6 and I can't be bothered making 8. Just need to attach them to my running belt. I hate sewing.
    We want pics! We want pics!

(Am still annoyed that the character only has six tentacles. :mad: Either she lost two in a bar-room brawl, or she's a mutant, Disney-style! :mad:
    It's like when cartoonists only give spiders six legs. :mad: THEN THEY AIN't SPIDIES, dumbo! They is insects!)

However many legs, WE WANT PICS!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    Two carers coming together will be good to keep things safe for everyone for now.

Urgent care review being recorded will be good because it will be on record. Perhaps at some point in the future you could use a transcript of it to help you understand how you react in a stressful situation and how you could make it easier for yourself and others. I had never realised that my stuff was bpd because I had no idea that other people didn't experience such quickly shifting emotions. It could also help you understand your friend better as I assume that situation will be mentioned. Try not too take the recording personally. It will potentially be difficult for them to trust you because they won't necessarily be able to read you correctly. That's not something to be down about. It is what it is.

Don't worry about your friend. Stay friends if you want but don't yourself up because you can't make her understand. All she needs to know for now is you weren't impressed.

The terror of losing care is surely just part of the bpd. I keep thinking that I will lose my job for various reasons (although I have done nothing wrong). Part of me almost wants to make things worse so that what I fear happens now and I don't have to dread it any more. I then think, time to go to sleep - you can't do anything about it now. Saves being reckless and impulsive.

You will be okay, faerie, there just needs to be a new way of doing things. If you need care, I can't see how they will suddenly withdraw it without sorting something else. All will work out in the end - it always does. Most of the rubbish in my life is in my head - the way I grew making certain reactions more likely and it is taking time to unlearn and amend them. Give yourself a break and cuddle your cats.

Brilliant, Whitewing.
    That was a fantastic response to a very difficult situation. :A
    Do take it on board, Faerie. :A
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure